(1st ever) CCL Spot 2015-16!!

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by henryo, Oct 21, 2014.

1. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
  2. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Yes, very exciting. Seems to still be some sour folks who don't like it because we didn't get it via a knockout tournament. We qualified based on the criteria in front of us, it is well earned.

It's called FOOTBALL and henryo repped this.
  3. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    who would have thought this 1 month ago when the whole season seemed on a slippery slope to an abyss? obviously not the coaches or players!

4. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    hey soccerman- whatever happened to you prediction that the casp wold be signing peter crouch of stoke city??

5. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    I told you in the Peter Crouch thread already........ Peter was not keen to leave without a huge salary, and the transfer fee was on the high side. As you know , the Caps are not going to put out that kind of money.

6. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    This may well be the World Record for qualifications of Continental Tournaments via League Position? (currently at 10th-place & 10/19=52.63% percentile) ;)

(Nevermind about 2013 DCU which qualified via USOC, despite being rock bottom in the league, or those by TFC through Canadian Championships). :p

7. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    who really cares how it happens for the MLS teams who get into the CCL-- as long as the teams take it seriously and perform well- this hopefully will begin to happen by 2015-2016

henryo repped this.
  8. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    vancouver deserves to be in the CCL next year- they have the best record and might be the only canadian content in the MLS playoffs and a record above .500 in league play

9. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    I hope Vancouver does very well. Our Canadian teams have, overall, performed excellently in the CCL. It is also a lot of fun as a fan to watch your team in this event, so enjoy.

10. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Wow, your insight never ceases to amaze me.

11. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    you are probably the type of fan who is a couch potato and rarely- if ever- goes to a whitecaps game- you cant help but be negative and take cheap shots in order to hear yourself speaking
    actually, i should call you a Crouch potato for your inane prediction about him coming to the caps

12. soccerman2013

soccerman2013 Member

Oct 4, 2013
    The Crouch rumor was real whether you chose to believe it or not.

I take cheap shots at you because you are bad poster.

13. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    as far as i can remember, we have agreed on many topics, such as: the inept darren mattocks; the liposuction-coaching of martin rennie; the quality of goalie, david ousted; the signing of new strikers for 2015; the play of eric hurtado; the caps FO that has made some very good decisions like bypassing frank yallop as head coach and hiring carl robinson; the developing sam a as a possible starter in 2015; the growth of the academy players and USL Pro team

taking cheap shots is not your strong suit- stick to the topics as you have some good insights