Alert: 1992+ era (PL/CL) Sheep Draft 3

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cr7torossi, Sep 16, 2017.

1. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    See previous draft here
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/pl-cl-era-sheep-draft-2.2003575/

Firstly, a repeat of the rules.
    Unlike other drafts here, there is no draft order but each pick must match some specific set of criteria I will specify. Every participant will have to submit their choice of player by PM to me (so that all is kept secret each round) although there is a catch. If only one drafter selects a player then they get to draft him. If more than one person selects a player then the player is moved to the banned list and cannot be drafted until the final round. If the player does not match the criteria, then the drafter must pick again in the next round but the player will not be banned.

Those failing to get their player will then have to submit a second choice with the same criteria and process being applied (note that those players successfully drafted will not be revealed yet). If they fail again, a third and final submission will be made. If anyone has failed on all three chances, then they will receive a Sheep pick (details in a later post).

Each drafter will eventually end up with 12 players (although some rounds may involve picking two players) and must be able to form a recognised team including goalkeeper. At the end, everyone will vote for a winner.

As an example:

Criteria: Select a player who has played in a World Cup Final.

Drafter 1- Pele
    Drafter 2- Maradonna
    Drafter 3- Puskas
    Drafter 4- Puskas
    Drafter 5- Zidane
    Drafter 6- Zidane
    Drafter 7- Eusebio
    Drafter 8- Muller

I would then announce:

Drafter 1- Pass
    Drafter 2- Pass
    Drafter 3- Fail - Puskas selected more than once
    Drafter 4- Fail - Puskas selected more than once
    Drafter 5- Fail - Zidane selected more than once
    Drafter 6- Fail - Zidane selected more than once
    Drafter 7- Fail - Player does not match criteria
    Drafter 8- Pass

Banned: Puskas, Zidane

Drafters 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 must pick again

Drafter 3- Muller
    Drafter 4- Moore
    Drafter 5- Beckenbauer
    Drafter 6- Muller
    Drafter 7- Ronaldo

Results:

Drafter 3- Fail - Player already drafted in round
    Drafter 4- Pass
    Drafter 5- Pass
    Drafter 6- Fail - Player already drafted in round
    Drafter 7- Pass

Drafters 3 & 6 pick again

Drafter 3- Moore
    Drafter 6- Romario

Results

Drafter 3- Fail - Player already drafted in round
    Drafter 6- Pass

Drafter 3 is to have a player selected for him.

2. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    The rules (see bolded if you have participated previously):

Player Eligibility - no player should be older than 30 as of 1st August 1992 (the start of the rebranded premier and champions league); so players have to be born on 1st August 1962 orlater.

This is to avoid confusion on how to rate individual players so you can rate them as you would normally in any all time draft (peak form, longevity et al)

Player Naming - no player naming unless they have been revealed by myself from the successful picks, the banned list or suggested as sheep. Sheep suggestions should only be made after I have asked for them.

Picks - Picks should be sent via pm/conversation to myself. In some instances, I may ask for further information to back up their eligibility. This is to make things easier for myself in checking (such as in the "Played in a World Cup final" critirea I may have asked for the year to be stated along with the pick).. If this is required I will clearly identify this when setting the criteria.

Time limits - The new change is 24 hours for the first pick, and 24 hours each for the subsequent 2 picks. Weekends count as either one day or two, so any stage announced on a Friday will have a deadline on the Sunday. Deadlines will be strictly enforced, although I am flexible if given prior notice

All deadlines would be US Central Times at 8PM (GMT-5; BST-6)

Missed picks - If you miss your 1st or 2nd pick, you will be allowed to make a supplemental pick at the same time as your next pick. The supplemental pick will count after all normal picks (so cannot block them) and must be made at this time or it is lost. If you miss your 3rd pick, then you get a Sheep.

Teams - From your 12 picks, you must be able form a team in a recognised formation. You don't have to necessarily play players in their prefered position, but you may be marked down in the final vote. You must pick a goalkeeper in the first 11 picks as there may be no goalkeepers for selection or as sheep available in round 12. If you do not have a goalkeeper and do not pick one in round 11 then it will be an automatic failure and a sheep goalkeeper will be allocated if required. One player can be left out altogether, allowing for a bit of flexibility or possibly removing a sheep.

Voting - Once the draft has completed, all drafters will be asked to post their team. If you want you can add a bit of a write up to explain how the team will play. After this, all drafters will be asked to submit a ranking off all other teams (from first to last) via pm. 1st place will be worth 1 point, 2nd 2 points etc. The lowest score wins and I will post the final standings when I have received all rankings.

I reserve the right to add new rules as required in case I have missed anything, although there will be nothing draconian.

3. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    In the event of being unsuccessful with all three picks, you will be assigned a Sheep. Following the first set of picks, successful drafters will start to nominate Sheep. All drafters can attempt to veto any suggestion, and if more than one drafter puts in a veto the player will be made inelligible. Where drafters are teamed up, the team counts as one drafter for these purposes.

From the announcement of the final picks in each round, anyone given a Sheep will have 24 hours to nominate 2 potential positions for a Sheep. I will then assign a Sheep for them.

This is a change to earlier drafts (but not the previous one) and the Sheep will be awful, although where possible they will have played international football.

Note that the Sheep may not necessarily satisfy all the conditions of the round; and any rounds with no players eligible who would be considered Sheep would still have as harsh a Sheep as any other round.

Questions about the rules are welcome at any time, either in the thread or via pm.

4. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Round 1

Select a player who made his professional top-flight league debut after his 20th birthday.

Deadlines - all times 8pm US Central Time

Pick 1 - Monday 18th September
    Pick 2 - Tuesday 19th September
    Pick 3 - Wednesday 20th September

5. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Think of this draft as a regular sheep draft for the last few decades with the only eligibility criteria being the age one (players have to be born on 1st August 1962 or later).

6. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pick sent.

7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Round 1 Pick 1

Holy__Joe - Fail (No pick)
    johno - Fail (Rivaldo)
    JamesA + mizzou - Fail (Michael Ballack)
    J'can + blue - Pass
    Karloski + Ashur - Fail (Rivaldo)
    nicephoras - Fail (Michael Ballack)
    Stud83 - Pass
    Teso dos Bichos - Pass
    thebigman + Umar - Pass

@Holy__Joe can make a supplemental pick at the same time as pick 2. It will count after all other 2nd picks if required.

Banned List Additions

Michael Ballack, Rivaldo

Pick 2 Deadline - Tuesday 19th September 8pm CST (GMT - 5)

8. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Did Rivaldo fail because two people picked him or he did not meet the criteria?

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    ******** you James/Mizzou.

10. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Round 2

Select a player who has played together in a top flight league match with a family relative for the same team.

Up to first cousins are permitted.

Please do not submit picks until Round 1 is complete.

11. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Oh fcuk off!

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Ballack and Rivaldo were never, ever, ever going to get through. :ROFLMAO:

benni... repped this.
  13. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If everyone said that. And it's only 8 teams.

johno repped this.
  14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You can ask Rossi, but when I pmd the pick I said on the off chance he isn't blocked. I could not countenance someone getting him.

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    As james said, it is round 1 of a 8-team draft (9 if @Holy__Joe joins). The winner of this draft with so few teams will be someone who goes big in multiple rounds.

It is not like the last one which had 17 teams and some amount of risk averseness could get you a top 3/5 finish.

16. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Yeah I thought a few more would go for Rivaldo. Still plenty of talent available in the first round.

17. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My thoughts exactly. I classed it as a half great pickup, half block.

And Teso is talking out of his ass. In the all time sheep draft (with 15+ players) the likes of Pele, Cruyff and Di Stefano have gotten through on first picks.

johno repped this.
  18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    There are always exceptions but always obvious players.

19. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is a game for people with cojones, Teso. We are the people who will finish first, or dead last trying to get first.....while you merry-go-round riders grumble at why you are mid-table at the end of the draft.:giggle:

benni... repped this.
  20. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Obviously had Syed and I not taken Rivaldo then one of the best players in the draft would have gone in the first round.

21. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Having successfully picked the best available player I am not remotely bothered.

22. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    To show you the size of our cojones..

...we just submitted your most likely pick..for pick 2. We're excited for pick 3.

23. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    @Umar good call u cheeky bast

Umar repped this.
  24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I defer to your superior knowledge of first cousins.

benni... repped this.