1906/Ultras

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by Delle Alpi, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is for all the 1906/Ultras.

2. arrgh

arrgh New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Yay Area
    Hey - I am not a 1906er but am an Oakland resident hoping to join up with other SF Bay-ers for games next season and/or watching MLS matches in bars (ideally in Oakland but beggars can't be choosers). I did manage to make it out to a Victory match this past season and had a great time. Best $10 I ever spent AND there was beer - yay!

3. RoundBallNewbie

RoundBallNewbie New Member

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey should we get the roll call thread moved in here?

4. SacUnitedSoccerBlog

SacUnitedSoccerBlog New Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    As I discussed with Don, the guys from Sacramento are going to be stoked to be a part of the Ultras! We had a good turnout this weekend for Our MLS CUP PARTY! About 30 came, at 9AM, and had breakfast burritos, and the feedback was that we could easily get about 15-30 guys to come out with the Ultras from Sacramento!

I can't wait to meet everybody, and hope you gladly welcome us aboard fellas...

Also, we have some songs we like to sing, but what songs are on your lists?

5. RoundBallNewbie

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's awesome news. I know Tony was trying to get in touch with you via PM, did you guys end up talking? He's definitely anxious to nail down stuff with you guys so we can add all of the Sac crowd to the fold.

6. xANOTHERxSTARx

Mar 4, 2007
    wsup guys.

well... im planning on making some banners, any ideas on what to put on it?

im thinking of doing a "Bleed Blue" banner.

7. SacUnitedSoccerBlog

SacUnitedSoccerBlog New Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah, Don and I are in touch. Thanks for the excitement. We can't wait to be a part of this group!

Also, I may have gotten in to trouble for posting the link to the site, but if you guys wouldn't mind posting another supporters group site, please place ours on the list too. It would just be good for those in Sacramento to know that there is a homebase for Quakes fans, and we can hook them in to the Ultras as well.

Could anyone hook me up with that?

8. RoundBallNewbie

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad the excitement is mutual. Again, talk to Tony (username is Delle Alpi) as well, not just Don. Don is and will be an immense help to the group, but Tony is, for now, the guy doing most of the coordinating.

Heh the website is a work in progress. When we get it all figured out we'll let everyone know.

9. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK guys they have announced our section and ticket prices. The only thing they have us in 109 behind the goal (which is fine with me) and the Casbah in 101. this is a reverse of what we were going to do but whatever. So let everyone know its time to buy our tickets.

Edit - Don from SSV posted in the tickets thread that he psoke with the ticket people and that the FAQ is wrong. We are in section 101 also we will be given a discounted ticket price so that we pay the same as the Casbah.

10. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    So what section will it definately be ? I hope that we can get to situate in an area where we can display our banners and have them facing inward towards the pitch. Otherwise it'll suck if we are on the top of the section using sticks to hold them up because they're going to end up getting damaged like that :( By the way if I call my ticket rep. will they automatically give us a discount or should I just wait until all of this is cleared up :confused:

11. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been told that we are in 101 on the corner flag and that we will be charged as much as the casbah.

12. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Now that is freakin awesome Delle Alpi ! ! ! :cool: corners are always a lot better because we can have a better view of the game. So now if we are getting charged the same as the Casbah then that means it'll be how much :confused:

13. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    $306 for the season.

14. San Jose Ultras

San Jose Ultras New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Richmond, CA
    We have tons of banners, more than what we need. One of them is the old Bleed Blue one. Let's make some flags. The 2 banners of the Ultras and 1906 will take a lot of room. In that small stadium we might not even have that much room. It will be pointless to spend your money and time in making a banner we might not even be able to hang on those railings. With the same amount of money, you can make 4 or 5 nice flags.
    For now, Let's keep the visuals concentrated in our section. Hopefully in the future, if the group grows in size, we can get more sections, and more room for banners.

15. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is correct. What I find interesting is that it states its a 17 game schedule. I guess we are getting two friendlies for our money to because other MLS teams have a15 game season ticket plan.

16. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Good. I was kinda hoping we'd be behind a goal, but all is well. I agree with SJUltras, the Ultras and 1906 main banners are going to take up alot of space. A big problem at Spartan was too many banners and not enough railing, and it looks somewhat silly to have supporters group banners in front of soccer moms.
    All I can pray is the visitors warm up near us!

17. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    besides the flags and banners, have you thought of what we call in Spanish telones? These are vertical and the colors of the team. Depending on how you do it, you can even write something on them as well. Here is an example ...

[​IMG]

18. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yeah, I think we'll leave that to Chivas.

19. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    That smoke bomb is freaking awesome though. By the way, the word "freaking" is no longer allowed anywhere near the 1906 section (which we still have to name)

20. RoundBallNewbie

Aug 23, 2006
    DC in exile
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't pull it off if we wanted to, we don't have two decks at Buck Shaw and I would doubt we will in the ends at the Ep.

21. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC

What are you talking about??

22. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Dude, you can't just name the group, you gotta name the section. At Kezar, we sat in section O. Somebody drew an I next to it and it became section Oi.

23. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I' agree with you Sam we need a name for the section as well as the group. But naming the section is something we can do later. I think we need to get a feel for Buck Shaw before we name it. Remember section Oi came about several weeks into the season.

24. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    ... after I started screaming "Oi!" on top of my lungs during chants :D

25. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Several of the teams actually are selling 20-game season tickets. This makes sense for the teams that will be in SuperLiga, CONCACAF Champions Cup, etc. I expect that the 2 extra games for the Quakes will be US Open Cup or friendlies. They could also be saved for the playoffs, but I'm not counting on making the playoffs.