1906 Ultras in local articles, clips and pictures

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by San Jose Ultras, Feb 28, 2008.

1. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... ah yes, I remember the old days when we were all really happy when the ref ********ed up a call.

2. Andrew Tully

Andrew Tully New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi There,

I'm hoping that all you soccer fans might be able to help me. I’m writing to you from Fine Point Films, an award-winning production company based in Belfast, Northern Ireland where we produce documentaries for Irish, UK and international broadcasters. We have an excellent track record in producing documentaries and our first international co-production, Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence In The House Of God, with Academy Award-winning director Alex Gibney was shortlisted for an Oscar and won an IFTA in Ireland, the Grierson Award at the London Film Festival, a Peabody Award and two Emmy Awards for Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking.

We are researching a feature documentary on George Best intended for international distribution. It will recount how a polite and reserved young prodigy from Northern Ireland became a global sporting icon, visualising his story through a mix of actuality, archive, and original interviews. With exclusive access to the Best family approaching the tenth anniversary of his death, Fine Point Films will ‘unpack’ what made Best a legend, why and how he is still remembered today on both sides of the Atlantic.

I'm particularly interested in finding footage of George Best from his time in America, the more rare, the better! I have been able to locate a lot of the games that he featured in whilst playing in the NASL. I am hoping to uncover some footage of Best off the pitch. I know he really enjoyed his time in America and I would love to uncover any stories or old pictures that fans may have. It would be fantastic if any soccer fans out there could help with the project or even share this message. Hopefully, together we can find something! Please contact me via email atully@finepointfilms.com

Kindest Regards,

Andrew

3. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey @falvo somebody is looking for you.

4. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Andrew, I suggest re-posting your request in the George Best Earthquakes photo thread, which can be found here:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/george-best-earthquakes-photo-thread.271421/page-7.

You may also want to reach out to Gary Singh, a local writer who collaborated on a book on Best awhile back. He can be found on BigSoccer under his own name (and probably peruses the Best photo thread).

Good luck on your endeavor.

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All I have is a video of his game in which he scored his greatest goal, a lot of pictures, (although I lost many of them when my computer crashed) and a lot of lasting memories!

6. Andrew Tully

Andrew Tully New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it. If you ever dig out the photographs I would love to see them. Thanks

7. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    That photo depicts the new Latino supporters group , El Imperio Sismico, in the lower terrace -- not the San Jose Ultras.

G Enriquez and proud smurf repped this.
  9. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok,thanks for clarifying that.

10. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Albany58 and Hawkeye17 repped this.
  11. TigersFIMA

TigersFIMA Member

Aug 27, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have the video of the greatest goal George Best scored in July 1981 at Spartan Stadium....

Check out this thread! :thumbsup:

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/george-best-earthquakes-photo-thread.271421/

13. Venceremos

Venceremos Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    don gagliardi and tenfourteen repped this.
  14. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  15. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ultras island.jpg

Ultras Island off the coast of Avaya, 10/16/16.

16. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the Bay Area is finally getting some water.

17. marktime

marktime New Member

San Jose Earthquakes
    Estonia
    Jun 17, 2020
    Hello,

I'm helping a popular newspaper in Estonia, Eesti Ekspress, get more information on how some San Jose Earthquake fans use Estonian flags at home games. Estonians are thrilled to see this _ and are interested in learning more about it.

Does anyone know more about this phenomenon? Is there anyone at a fan club who can talk to me about this?

If anyone on this forum knows more about this and can let me know, that would also be great.

Also hoping to get some photos of fans waving the flag.

Post here. I can also be reached at Michael.Tarm@gmail.com and at 312 203 8620.

I'd be grateful for any information, including who to reach out to.

Here are some of my questions:

Any idea how this practice of waving Estonian flags started or who started it?

Is the practice associated with one particular fan club?

Why are the flags sometimes flown upside down _ with the white on top and the blue on the bottom? Is that closer to the team color scheme?

Are most fans aware of the flag being an Estonian flag? (Perhaps some just think of it as the team flag?)

Any idea where people get the flags? Are they sold anywhere in San Jose?

Thanks so much.

18. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes