19/20 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i can't fault Sarri on this one. it's management. You bring in a coach who you know has a specific style he likes to play...and you don't even give him any players suited to that. Kinda like hiring a painter to paint your house and giving him concrete instead of paint.

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    You cannot discount the UefaLona mafia.

If a late PK is needed....

3. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    How many times did Chiellini, De ligt, Costa, Dybala, and Ronaldo play together in an important match? Those are Juve's best or most talented players.

I'm a lover of the tactical and strategic side of the game, but players are the biggest influence on a match and season.

If Juve are going to make a deep run next year, either they keep important players healthy or stop relying on injury prone stars.

juveeer repped this.
  4. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    also, i missed a large part of the champs league thread and i know it was already discussed earlier surely.... but that penalty on Bentancur when he got all ball.... was atrocious.

you can argue the handball penalty we got was weak as well..but the damage was already done (away goal).

Forza Atalanta.

juveeer repped this.
  5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Chiellini is a non factor, Costa is a backup. Dybala and Ronaldo played together pretty much all season. De Ligt was a constant in the defense despite his shoulder injury.

Again, we lost cause the team was awful, stop with the excuses

6. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atalanta 1 - PSG 0.
    Now these guys came to play!

7. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if we showed as much heart as these guys...
    I think in the end PSG will win because the Atalanta defense is not that great.
    They will be leaking goals.

8. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well my prediction was correct, Atalanta had their chances and missed out. They leaked 2 goals in 3 minutes.

9. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leipzig it is...

10. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @IcEWoLF

Since your prediction was correct, what your prediction on the Atletico vs RB tomorrow?

Atletico doesn't seem to have problem with absorbing pressure, they did that, take Liverpool to extra time and score 3 goals at them. Liverpool legs got tired at extra time, they ran out of steam, I mean if I was pressing for 90 min (like Liverpool or Atalanta) I be da-mn tired too.

Atletico will just put 9 players behind the ball, defense for their life. 1 player forward waiting for counter attack, lol.

Simeone he stubborn with his defense, Atleti arguably to be one of the best defense team in the world. And a very good goalie too. It the matter if RB can break them down. They did win Liverpool BOTH legs, so there no excuse for Atleti to crash out now. They don't deserve to progress if you beat Liverpool and then bottle against Leizpiz.

11. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Too much heartbreak this round, Atalanta lived the dream for 90 minutes before the nightmare began

12. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like ATM lost, just saw this few minutes ago, my bad.
    I would have picked against ATM.
    They haven’t been all that great this year from what I’ve seen.

13. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Barca is getting TRASH by Bayern. Like TRASH! 4 goals by Bayern in the first 20 minutes.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Another 7 goals from the Germans???

Go Bayern!

15. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    8-2 over.

Barca get TRASH!!!!!!!! One of Barca goal was an own goal by an Bayern defender mess up. Basically Barca only score 1 goal.

16. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    Lady luck smiled on every team that didn't have to play BM. They are dominant this year

17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    CRAZY GAME.

LYON 2-1 IN 84th minute

18. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-1. First time since 91 that no team from England, Italy, or Spain are in the semi's...2 german teams and 2 french teams, who would have thunk it?

juveeer repped this.
  19. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hahahhaa another year of failure by overrated overhyped premier league

Lets see if people still wanna claim its best lol

20. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    This one game format is so much better, the stakes are so much higher and it has that vibe that nfl playoff games have. It's a shame it won't happen again, it's even worse that cbs sports won the bid and they rather have tiki barber talk show about nothing play on their channel while trying to get people to pay for their meme streaming service. They only showed one game so far on the actual cable channel, which you have to buy a sports package to get anyways

Daei_10 repped this.
  21. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ok, so Lyon beat City. Tbh, they deserve to be in the semi, they earn it.

Did Lyon play dirty against us or use dark arts against us? No right? I'm not arse that they make it to the semi.

They are an underdog, 7th place in a farmer league, not oil club.

I actually root for them over Bayern, I just can't stand Germany football. I rather have the France take it.

I hate myself for support Lyon win over Bayern and Lyon is the team that knock us out. But hey, they knock us out on relegate away goal. 2-2. It wasn't like they trash us or anything. We just didn't have it in us that day, while they hungry want to go through.

22. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayern it is, congrats to them. They are the epitome of the modern club both financially and on the field.

You can see how the difference to how other teams negotiate with Bayern in Germany compared to the other Italian clubs and us in Italy.

juveeer repped this.
  23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so jealous of Bayern....even after failures they bounce back

2010 and 2012 finals they lost and came back strong to win it in 2013 (beating us 4-0 and Barca 7-0 i believe)

Then from 2014-2019 they suffered some ups and downs, including some heavy defeats to Barca RM, and now theyre back stronger than ever with a new team

Agnelli tries to be something like that but we have fallen short by some bad transfers and investments. Im hoping this CR7 project doesnt slip away with at least 1 CL trophy before he leaves.

24. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, I would take just 1 CL trophy! lol

Daei_10 repped this.
  25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly the way im seeing it so far we are not a serious club....they cant decide whether to build for future or NOW...they try to do little bit of both and fail at both

Our transfer policy seems to be throw shit at the wall and see if it sticks...just sign anyone u can and hope it pans out.

juveeer repped this.