19/20 Champions League Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Man, if Dybala was in for that free kick

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo is 1 for 46 on freekicks

NicktheGreek repped this.
  3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I seriously don't know how Sarri can keep his job after this season

gumbacicc and Dante repped this.
  4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve wins 2-1, but goes out on aggregate.

had it ended 1-0 we’d be headed to extra time.

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pathetic. Losing to a team that has played one match in 6 months

Rosay repped this.
  6. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game over, fire Sarri now.
    This team was absolute trash on both legs, nice effort by Ronaldo.
    Higuain was garbage.
    Berna needs to go
    Danilo needs to go
    Ramsey must go
    Sandro has to go
    Bonucci needs to take a back seat.
    Disappointing ending of the season, but how we have been playing the last 2 months this doesn’t surprise me.

7. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Teams been worse since Ronaldo came here, their is no chemistry at all, he is beyond criticism evidenced by his constant free kick taking... interesting that in training today, car played a poor pass and cuadrado mocked him by doing the jump in the air celebration and most of team laughed... Ronaldo then threw a very harsh tackle at Juan in a light training session... you can see photos of this online, just google it.

8. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So who was responsible to that away goal of Lyon? Which defender? arggggggggggggg

Daei_10 repped this.
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This will be heavy blow financially for the club. I see a few sales coming up and very little reinforcements coming in

10. Buffonfan

Buffonfan Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1260 Buffonfan, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    If it was allegri today, I think we would have made it. We wouldn't conceded a goal like that. Allegri better in defense than Sarri, no doubt about that.

11. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allegri is overall a much better coach, don’t even put Allegri in the same class as Sarri.

Sure we don’t advance, but I’m happy because it will give us room to get rid of trash and get some solid talent around here.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I wouldn't blame Ronaldo one bit if he looked for a way out, this team has let him down. No one even bothered trying today

13. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, Higuain was so bad, he shouldn’t even have started...
    Overall nobody other than Ronaldo came to play hard.

14. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Who realistically wants to buy any one on this team? The only ones anyone would want would be the polish keeper, Sandro, maybe Ronaldo, and a team may take a chance on de ligt... most of the squad is on heavy bloated wages and no ones going to take on that.. we basically have like half a dozen situations that were like Alexis Sanchez at united. No one wants bonucci, Danilo, caudrado, Ramsey, gonzalo, Giorgio, mds, rabiot. Betancur may fetch a suitor but he's like a lesser asensio, won't yield much. Serie a may not be so easy with Chinese money fueling inter and American money fueling Roma now. Milan is going to be much stronger with ibra guiding them next year.

15. NicktheGreek

NicktheGreek Member+

Feb 15, 2001
    That's the criteria for "even the Blind Squirrel finds an acorn" category.

16. cizko

cizko Member

Juve
    Italy
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well our standards, what meant to be Juve (that only thing that matters is winning), are slowly going to the background. Reading pre and postmatch interviews, somehow management is trying to concince us, that this was indeed quite okay season.

Even given all the circumstances, there is no way that failing in the first round (not to mention with Lyon) of the CL should be in any way acceptable.

Let's see what will happen in a few weeks.

17. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I care right now is some stability and that’s to bring in a defensive minded coach like Allegri.
    This team is on automatic when conceding goals left and right.
    It’s ridiculous.

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If that post match interview doesn't get Sarri fired then Agnelli is a ********ing moron

19. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Ronaldo leaves then that will open up our books again and be able to bring in quality players again.
    This team is filled with bad contracts all around and they need to dump them.

Orange14 repped this.
  20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pjanic: The last few months haven’t gone the way we wanted to, for reasons I still haven’t been able to understand. I wanted to play more, that’s for sure

Considering the way the coach played at Napoli, where everyone was involved and fully committed to that project. We played a different type of football, I am not the only one to say that, it’s obvious.

IcEWoLF and juveeer repped this.
  21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    #1271 juveeer, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Welp...unfortunately my pre-match bad feeling is exactly what happened.

Hideous PK decision (both of them, but theirs was the one that mattered) in a year full of hideous PK decisions. Something has to be done about this crap cause futbol is turning into a lottery with the current PK situation.

Ramsey, once again, was invisible. We were better when Pjanic was in there as at least he can move around and circulate the ball. And he plays some defense and is good on dead balls. Ramsey does nada but take up space.

Cuadrado was struggling at the beginning of half 2. He misplaced something like 6 out of 7 passes in row and gave them at least 2 semi-breaks. He had to come off.

Ref was the star of that show for sure. Lyon came to be physical and he let a lot go and hence the game got out of hand a bit. Memphis was really going after MdL and should have had 2 yellows for all the redic fouls he committed.

Personally, I think Sarri, Nedved and Paritici should all now be on the clock. Was not impressed with last summer and winter's transfer business and this year, if they stay, will tell us a lot about whether they are capable of rebuilding this team on the fly. Which they must do.

Sarri IMHO should not be retained. He was here an entire year and I still can't tell you what we are supposed to be doing out there. It is clear many of our players can't either.

Do we double down and give him another year as the teams Juve DNA continues to deteriorate, or cut ties and start fresh? I vote for the latter....and I vote to bring in someone with Juve DNA like Deschamps who knows the club through and through. Bringing in just another coach will not get it done.

Unfortunately the FFA will prolly not let Deschamps go until next year after the Euros, but I think we should make a play for him.

The idea of replacing Mad Max with a more proactive coach made sense. Teams are winning in Europe by attacking, not defending these days, but Sarri's ideas on attacking football, at least with our personnel, are way too slow and ponderous. We need a change.

We need youth, talent and speed in our team if we want to compete for the CL title. Maybe with 4-5 more fast and skilled ball players Sarri's system could work here, but not with the cast we have now. And I doubt Arthur and Kula will make that much of a difference.

Interestingly the last 2 clubs we faced used a 3 man back line. That gave them numerical advantages all over the field as they had 7v6 in attack and dropped 9, even 10 into defense. Since we can't ever seem to buy real FBs I think we need to reconsider using 3 CBs and a one or 2 wingbacks to go with our attackers. Will be interesting to see where Arthur would best fit.

Anyway, I am not hugely disappointed to see this come crashing down. This has been an abortion of a season and with Dybala and all of our other injuries we weren't gonna go very much farther anyway.

One thing today showed, though, was that having the last few months off instead of playing a dozen games in a few weeks was the better situation. if we had come in fresh with everyone healthy I think we had a shot to go the distance this year.

Sad, really.

AGE is an issue, esp. with our high wage bill for too many old players.

usnroach repped this.
  22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I saw that and he is correct.

23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Gazetta speculates on Zidane or S Inzaghi.

24. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This team has been on the decline since that second half in the Real Madrid CL Final. Yes, Sarri has been poor and should go, but there really needs to be a lot of turnover in the next couple of years.

Continuing to dominate a poor league doesn't equate to a successful decision. Sarri, Cuadrado, Danilo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro, De Sciglio, Matuidi, Khedira, Ramsey, Douglas Costa, Bernardeschi and Higuain all need to have their respective places in the squad considered. Aside from Pjanic we really ought to start getting rid of these guys and buying promising youngsters close to being great players alla Arthur.

Daei_10 repped this.
  25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think Agnelli's "we will reflect on the season" is a clear indication that Sarri is donezo

gumbacicc repped this.