19, 18, 17, 16 Days B4 the WC'10 Debut ...

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by vipnerd, May 26, 2010.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    The Argentine NT played on Monday May 24th against Canada.

The players were given the nite off to return to practice the following day at 4 pm.

Wednesday the 26th again, practice at 4pm.

Thursday the 27th, yet again practice at 4 pm.

Friday the 28th, they get together for lunch and then prepare to take off at 6pm, via a Southafrican airline to South Africa.

Everything seems normal?

Well, the same thing that finished breaking the relation with Basile and his coaching staff is being repeated. That time, Basile had ordered that the team would stay "concentrados" until the following game. The players rioted and forced Basile to give them a few nites off. Basile's authority was being bent by kids that could be his grandkids.

The players reps to talk to Diego and Co., Masche, Heinze and Veron, negotiated with Diego to have all these nites and mornings off. They did so after the pressure of the younger members of the NT that they wanted "time with relatives".

With less than 3 weeks for the start of the WC, some of the NT players were seen partying ... one or two until the early hours of the following day. For example, Tevez left to a concert less than an hour after the game with Canada ... couldn't be found for any interview post-Canada game.

WTF? It is vox populi among the reporters close to the NT that it was the youngsters yet again who pressured the older ones to get this thru with Diego. Diego's answer was: "I trust the players".

But being back home is not the same as when they are in Europe with their teams, when for some games they sleep at home and don't have to "concentrate" with the teams. The fame, the girls, the booze and cigarrettes? ... the bolonqui.

It is clear that Diego is not the best person to set the example in the private life of ANY player. Yet, if Diego can't put a strong hand, who can?

They are only 2-3 WEEKS AWAY from the start of the WC! Can't these peeps just forget the "joda" and concentrate in the WC?

Geez! :rolleyes:

2. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    26 years old isn't a youngster as in "innocent" like a 18 year old or just experiencing the adult life as a 20 year old would see.

3. Tentooko

Tentooko Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So they get a chance to be in argentina with their relatives and spent time with them. if they want to use that time to party with them or anything let them do it. stop crying over it. they havent been with their relatives or in their home country for so long and now you want them to have restrictions on their life?. who are you to tell them what they can or cant do. as long as they dont hurt themselves its all fine. it only takes 1 day to recuperate from a night fatigue. doesnt matter that much as long as they perform when they are needed to. its their job to perform and they will follow it. I bet YOU have a job too, and sometimes u decide to do something that affects ur next work day. when u get back home u rest and the next day ur off to how u were. They have a life and they make their own decisions. the little time they get off, they should be allowed to do what they want with it. leave our players alone. when its their time to perform, they will.

4. DSGB

DSGB New Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well if that's the case, then they better not use lack of preparation time as an excuse if they flop out. In sports, the ones who are focused and train the hardest are usually the ones that prevail or have an edge. Let's just hope that every other nation is using this time to party instead of practice, then at least we'll be on even ground.

5. Tentooko

Tentooko Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    they get a few nights off and they dont have a right to do what they want? jesus. they are going to africa in a few days and u want to treated them like they are prisoners in their own country.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I get what you're saying in principle, and if Diego is too permissive it might become a concern, but on the other hand if I've been living in Europe and I get the chance to go to Argentina for a few days and they don't let me spend a little time with my family and go out a couple of times, I would be pissed. I guess it's a matter of degree.

7. lapulga10

lapulga10 New Member

Mar 20, 2010
    14 days to go.... these bettr go by fast cause i can't f***ing wait any longer!

8. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i agree. i am so bored at work. these are going to be the longest 14 days... i wish we had 1 more friendly

9. lapulga10

lapulga10 New Member

Mar 20, 2010

Ya but that would only increase the chances of injurys. Wit only 14 days they should spend every day training together and gaining chemistry

10. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Of course it is fine that they see their relatives. Go out and party? After they pressured to have the nites off and late training? NO.

Let them have the nite off and train at 9 am. That way they don't abuse it and jeopardize the team's chances. No handicaps allowed. They don't like it ... there are another 23 with the same or better rights to be there.

What if you wake up to news of a car incident ala Buonanotte or el negro Caceres in the wee hours of the nite? Or a fight gone wrong in a niteclub? These peeps are not on vacation. They will get their vacation in mid July. They want it earlier? Then just quit the NT.

One last thing. Even Brazil learned from their mistakes. No Dinho, no Adriano. And Dunga in charge. Van Gaal has his players get together to have breakfast every day. Train afterwards. All in one big table. Lets not even mention Mou's ways. Or Capello's. Or Bilardo's.

It is called discipline. And as much as this can sound as a criticism to Diego for not being able to impose order, it is the younger players to blame, as they pressured the Verons, Heinzes and Mascheranos to get that for them.

Btw ... Diego changed the hours of training on Thursday to avoid precisely this criticism and the fact that Papparazzi had pics of the joda of members of the team. :rolleyes:

11. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well the "younger" players may not be the right term. tevez is older than mascherano and he seems to be one of the leaders of this...

i liked tevez a lot when he was at boca, but i've always wondered why he is so popular. he's basically the biggest mercenary of a player i've ever seen. he claims to love the fans every where he goes, then leaves for more money.

he is constantly talking out of his ass, saying he wanted to quit the NT, then saying he would retire from football if he wins the world cup. he has said many other tonterias i can't think of off the top of my head and don't feel like going into

i also see that he is cheating on his wife with various woman, and he had just had a kid. first of all, i have no idea how tevez gets girls, even with all that money. but regardless of how he pulls it off, i don't admire somone who cheats on his wife, no matter how famous he is, and especially if he has kids that are that young.

now i am hearing this stuff about tevez and partying and what not, going to a concert less than an hour after the match. if you know you are going to a concert 1 hour after a math, there is NO WAY you aren't going to think about it over the 90 minutes of football.

i know tevez is not the only one, and maybe not even the worst, and i know he came from nothing and it must be hard to all of the sudden have everything, but he has disappointed me immensly.

not to mention that he has the worst scoring record of any of our strikers, but seems to get a free pass from many in the press and fans. if you want to live the partying life style at least stick the ball in the back of the net more than once every 6 games :rolleyes:

12. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    Ya I've never seen a player that is so beloved EVERYWHERE. Its baffling. But he is ridiculously charismatic so thats a big reason, and he is in the upper echelons of great players.

13. El Mandrake

El Mandrake Member

Mar 21, 2004
    en la popu
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIK1IuwjQOQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIK1IuwjQOQ&feature=related[/ame][​IMG]

Estamos con vos monstro.

14. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I say they picked Diego, so let Diego do it his way, for better or for worse. He's not cut out to be a disciplinarian, and maybe it's good that they get a little freedom. Daniel Passarella and Marcelo Bielsa ran the team like a military unit and you saw where that got us.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The WC is getting oh so close and it is taking OH SO LONG! This last week and a half has felt like that actually 4 years! Some videos before the team left yesterday.

Captain Jack is a fan?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5soaaOxKk&NR=1"]YouTube- C5N - JACK SPARROW ALIENTA A LA SELECCION DE MARADONA[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ybjijJ78n8"]YouTube- Himno Nacional Argentina en Saxo por el pirata de Argentina.[/ame]

For a second I thought these two were the chinos from Austin Powers.. Did somebody say twins? CHECK LIST...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM2cjAtcSpc&feature=related"]YouTube- Las chicas alientan a Argentina en mini short[/ame]

17. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why not tell them to get haircuts while we are at it and remove ear-rings and listen to chamber music only.:rolleyes: Chill out man, let the lads enjoy a bit, there is time to train, time to build a unit, a happy team is important to many restricitons after a looooong season is just brutal, a few days to let their hair down is just fine and I have no concerns.:cool:

18. akd_

akd_ New Member

Feb 28, 2007