1860 vs Bayern

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by bronx spur, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bronx spur

bronx spur New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    Bronx
    Secured my tickets for 1860 and Bayern derby. Spent 20 minutes clicking back between the 1860 website and the German to English translator. Sitting in L2 with 1860. Can anyone provide local info. ie

- Seats any good? (tough to tell from the website)
    - Metro line and trip time?
    - Pubs before?

Cheers

2. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    The Olympic Park is at the end of the U3 line and the beer kiosks around the stadium are a good pre-game destination as you can watch the cheering fans stream to the stadium. I would go 1-2 hours before the game to soak up the atmosphere and explore a bit.

As for the seats, it looks like they aren't too bad - think 10-15 yard line. But don't put expectations too high as the Olympiastadion, with its track, is not exactly the best viewing stadium around.

3. JJ Mindset

JJ Mindset Member

Dec 7, 2000
    I wonder what Bayern fans think about sharing a ground with 1860 again?

4. e_k1

e_k1 New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Germany
    - Dress warmly at the olympic stadium. Seriously, its always bloody freezing there!

- allow 30 minutes time for the subway journey from the city centre.

- The Augustiner Bierkeller in the city centre (between karlsplatz and Marienplatz) is usually a good spot for a pre-match drink (or three).

- Remember, although they sell beer at the stadium it is low alcohol stuff. But if you are used to American beer it may still taste good ;-)