179 days later

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by jackdoggy, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it's 2020 now (at least on the East Coast), and...is it possible that we are *still* World Champions?

jnielsen repped this.
  2. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know that is a bit, maybe a lot, tongue in cheek but we will remain World Champions until someone beats us in a meaningful match or two.

I am not even sure that a poor performance in the Olympics could remove the US from the top of women's world soccer. We have successfully assented the mountain and it will take some extended great play by someone or a real drop in our play to knock us off the top of the mountain any time soon.

3. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excuse me, excuse me...Miss O'Hara - How many time Women's World Cup Champion is the USWNT????

uswnt.jpg

natbat20 repped this.
  4. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be even more snarky, we will remain World Champions until a team beats us in the 2023 WWC (or later).

jackdoggy repped this.
  5. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greetings, salutations and a hardy how the H. are you my little soccer buddies.
    trophylift.jpg

One year ago today, July 7, 2019, Our United States Women, Our Team, and screw the Cowboys – The Real……..America’s Team defended OUR CUP and triumphantly bought back another Women’s World Cup Trophy from foreign soil. You, me and 264 million souls around the World watched in absolute awe, wonderment, reverence and with various levels of exuberance as the USWNT put their final stamp on this Tournament. Without a doubt, one of my favorite, most memorable days.
    team.jpg

And as if July 7, 2019 could have gotten any better…………….
    Lil ol’ me with a LLLLLLLLLLegend !!
    Tiff.jpg

Yes Your Honor, it is my Direct Testimony that I never tire of gazing with exhilaration …....…
    upon this most beautiful sight:
    trophy 21-1.jpg

I trust you’re thoroughly enjoying day one thousand, eight hundred and twenty-nine – 1,829 – MDCCCXXIX of the current World Cup Championship Reign.
    Al Enst.jpg

jnielsen and Semblance17 repped this.
  6. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS…. you rascals
    0 tree2020.jpg
    My Tree has expanded since last year because of many long overdue additions.

Not only my Tree, our Astrophysicist friends emphatically state our Universe is also expanding at a rate that I can’t comprehend. In 2001 Wendy Freedman, Director of the Carnegie Observatories determined Space to expand at 72 kilometers per second per megaparsec (whatever the H. that means……rough translation - - - bunches and bunches).
    I can’t stress enough what is truly important about her calculation and what you really need to understand my little soccer buddies is that BY DEFINITION, the Kingdom, the Domain, the Aura of the United States Women’s National Soccer Team is expanding at that same rate !!!!
    0 wntuni.jpg

It was Christmas 1776 when General George Washington made his Historic crossing of the Delaware River in the fight for Independence, Liberty and most importantly - to secure the existence of United States Women’s National Soccer Team.
    0 washington.jpg

Fast forward to Christmas 2020, billions yes billions of Christians around the World will be celebrating the Birth, however people who are truly in the know are also celebrating December 25, 2020 because it is Day…………..
    • Deax mille​
    • 2,000​
    • MM​
    • Dos Mil​
    • 2K​
    • 百千
    • Two-frickin-thousand ​
    of the USWNT’s World Cup Championship Reign!!!!
    0 20152019f.jpg

I hope 2021 brings you joy, health, happiness and that it also brings us many Matches that allow spectators so I can avoid spending thousands of dollars on USWNT Separation Anxiety Therapy. :D

7. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
    Merry Christmas Jackie.
    [​IMG]

jnielsen and jackdoggy repped this.
  8. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    are they a couple?

9. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Well, there's two of them... but is anything else any of our business?

zdravstvuyte and Semblance17 repped this.
  10. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    I need some introspection.

why does this make me chuckle, smile, laugh interminably.

11. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    #36 BrooklynSoccer, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    There is no shame in asking if 2 people are together, regardless of their gender.
    You would never say "is it any of our business?" for inquiring about a heterosexual couple. So, in part, this message is that queer relationships should be shrouded in mystery or forced to be a secret because shame is involved.

They certainly have every right not to discuss it, but asking their relationship status is perfectly normal. And as two public figures on our national team, it is of our interest.

I take it they have not publicly stated they are together? but do they hide it or do they show public affection, ala Kelly O'hara?

RalleeMonkey and jnielsen repped this.
  12. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Why, yes I would and often have.

None of our business regardless of whatever genders are in the mix, unless and until they go public-- and even then, polite interest is about the appropriate limit.

Be a better world if everybody put their energy into their own relationships...

jnielsen and Semblance17 repped this.
  13. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    oh, this one wants to talk about a better world on www.bigsoccer.com.

There are entire threads dedicated to Ertz and Ohai's relationships to men with out, obviously, a complaint. Straight relationship of WNT players is regularly a topic of discuss here without a blink of an eye.

There is no shame in asking if 2 people are a together. There is no shame in 2 women being together. The horse you think you're riding on is a jackass.

RalleeMonkey repped this.
  14. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    In both of those cases publicity was sought as well as received. And it would be fine if that were the case here. All relationships of WNT players are regularly a topic here.

But it would probably be somewhat better to let people reveal or not reveal as they choose, rather than seeking information not yet offered. No big deal, but it seems sort of invasive, and somewhat unnecessarily so-- to me anyway... We all have our own lives, or I hope we do...

Semblance17 repped this.
  15. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #40 Semblance17, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    Seeing comments like these reminds me of a certain Whose Line game:

I feel vindicated by one of the top comments.
    Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 10.07.53 PM.png
    I would caution you not to assume the worst possible interpretation of every statement you read. As far as I can tell, contrary to your repeated accusations, there was no implication of shame whatsoever about this theoretical courtship itself, but merely a query about whether such speculations are truly worthwhile at this preliminary stage in any case.

To the point made by your target in this case, it is a very common [if not universal] and acceptable opinion that romances and other details of the personal lives of public figures, colleagues, and often even friends and family members should remain personal until voluntarily disclosed. Your claim that people generally only express such thoughts of discretion when non-traditional relationships are involved I find patently absurd.

Is the double standard you claim still in practice in society? Probably. But that doesn't mean you have to find evidence of it where it doesn't exist. if you feel compelled to call someone out on it, please aim first and be prepared to check your fire if you find yourself overanalyzing statements to support a hypothesis. If you can plausibly afford someone the benefit of the doubt, then I think it's perfectly reasonable to do just that.
    [​IMG]

Sorry I'm extending this insipid conversation and helping pollute your thread, @jackdoggy :D

jnielsen repped this.
  16. BrooklynSoccer

BrooklynSoccer Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Their courtship has been discussed for 3+ years. This isn't "new" and is of interest to the WNT fanbase and team itself.

Personal (straight) relationships have been speculated and posted about for decades on this site, without reservation.

You might want to be mindful of using a meme referencing gay culture "spilling the tea" while posting something you consider profound, when what you're arguing is actually a disservice to gay people and holding them to a different standard.

(the fact you called this conversation and topic "insipid" also speaks for itself, you don't get it)

RalleeMonkey repped this.
  17. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #42 Semblance17, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    If I'm missing a point then I'm not the only one. You still have not directly addressed the position that the important distinction is whether two people have expressed an intention to confirm and/or publicize a relationship, not whether or not they are the same gender or how long the relationship has been discussed by the public as a possibility.

You also paint with a broad brush and make no allowance for the possibility that a fan just might have a personal lack of interest in players' relationships in general. To use your earlier examples of Ertz and Ohai, I did have immense reservations about participating in the speculations and postings about those relationships at any stage (which I did not) because they were and are of no personal interest to me whatsoever. And certainly not of any more interest to me than the proposed relationship that started this conversation.

I am quite sure you could provide ample objective data supporting your theory of a double standard and I am not challenging you to present it. I did not intend to call your argument itself insipid, but only the specific manner in which you have made it here. If I inadvertently did the former I sincerely apologize. But my point remains that painting bias into innocent posts with your own subjective interpretation only undermines your case.

As far as Kermit, every meme has been used and abused in ways that would disallow any of them of being used because of bad associations if your logic held; I have never seen this one used in the context that you describe, nor the expression you reference, and meant it only at face value. Please try to lighten up and give people the benefit of the doubt. Not everything is a microaggression.

blissett repped this.
  18. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
  19. zdravstvuyte

zdravstvuyte Member

Aston Villa
    United States
    Jul 26, 2018
    Back on tour !!!
  20. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes in dee dee do my little soccer buddies, as of Today, we have completed two revolutions of the Sun since that GLORIOUS day in Lyon.
    trophylift.jpg
    Nearly 24 million Americans have spent every day of their young lives on this Earth under the current 2,194 day World Cup Championship reign of the United States Women’s National Soccer Team - - - lucky little sh1ts.

I have found a “wide angle” view of Rose’s Goal in the 69th minute.
    esa_earth_from_space_Finistere_France_040320_945.jpg
    I could stare at that image for hours.

Quick Math Problem……what does…..
    trophy0.jpg
    +
    trophy1.jpg

+
    trophy2.jpg
    +

trophy3.jpg

equal ??????????
    Answer:
    A.W.E.S.O.M.E.N.E.S.S.
    trophy 4.jpg
    If you don’t accept, acknowledge and embrace that the United States Women’s National Soccer Team is the Greatest Team in the Universe……maybe, just maybe it’s because………
    JackN.jpg

21. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh yes, the Calendar has turned, it is July my little soccer buddies.

july-days-of-the-year.jpg

Welcome to United States Women’s National Soccer Team History Month. Years ago, Semb filled out the application and prepared all the necessary paperwork to obtain the “History Month” designation. He did all the work so I get to participate enthusiastically.

A little bit of the back story - - - one of my distant cousins in the old country has a next door neighbor who is a low-level staffer at the CERN research complex in Geneva Switzerland. That facility contains the Large Hadron Collider, the world’s largest and highest-energy particle collider. A few weeks ago, that staffer was delivering some research materials after 7 o’clock p.m. to the office of the lead particle scientist and managed to snap a photo of the following document with his fancy phone:

quark4.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen the USWNT Quark!!!!……the seventh different type of Quark. This photo provides irrefutable evidence that the USWNT is woven into the building-block fabric of all MATTER. Solids. liquids, gases, plasma, animal, plant, mineral, Hatfields or McCoys, Caffeinated or Decaf…………everything. I can only speculate that the “A” designation from the photo stands for awesomeness, after all those dudes at CERN are pretty damn smart.

Now personally, I don’t know a Quark from a Shark but ignore this scientific evidence at you own peril. I’m not sure when this discovery will be released to the public but I communicate it here to prepare you for its eventuality.

I feel bad for Big Al - - he was so close but didn’t have the technological tools available:

AlbertE.jpg

cpthomas repped this.
  22. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honest Abe has been misquoted for 160 years, until now - - - -

abefinal.jpg

cpthomas repped this.
  23. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    During the summer of 2015, an invasion occurred on the North American continent.

NorthA1.jpg

The invasion was not Military, Cultural, Monetary or Colonial, but oh my friends it was Justified. Its purpose was to win back something that rightfully belongs in the United States of America. 23 American Women set out on a righteous, d*mn near holy mission to return the Women's World Cup Trophy to its ancestral home. The USWNT’s battle cry might as well have been:

Blues 630.png

These Women were never deterred. Instead, their singular focus was to emerge victorious in the individual battles in the knockout stages leaving the defeated opponents in their wake. On July 5, 2015 the Mission was completed with a resounding, glorious triumph returning the most coveted, most valuable object on the Planet………….Home.

2015 trophy.jpg

We also depleted that Country to the North of most of its beer.

ebeermug.jpg

24. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why don't I remember doing this?