16 year old Saint Louisian Brandon Manzonelli signs with Spain's Villa Real.

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by soccertom, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    And we'll even throw in a free bottle of Jheri Curl activator.

2. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let your Sooooooooouuuul Glooooooooooow!

3. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    rep owed...

4. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Napoli is buying him as a replacement for Zalayeta this January.

Haven't you heard?

5. CalcioROSA007

CalcioROSA007 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    MILANO
  6. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Despite what it says in his bio, he didn't go by Michael when he coached Towson.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/hunt_michael00.html

A few years ago, I had a girlfriend whose gynecologist was this guy. http://www.hcbmdbom.medem.com/patient/location_map_view.jsp?siteID=1717481&locationID=111346

I always imagined his advisor in med school: Harry, this field of medicine has your name ALL over it!

7. KennyWoo

KennyWoo Member

May 21, 2007
    Pasadena, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No more love on the run?! :(

8. philsoc

philsoc Member

Jul 11, 2000
    South Florida
    Manzonelli Named to U.S. Under-20 Roster for Match Against Mexico

Revolution rookie earns first national team call-up for July 11 match in Laredo, Texas

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – New England Revolution midfielder Brandon Manzonelli has been named to the United States Under-20 Men’s National Team’s 16-player roster that will compete against the Mexico U-20 Men’s National Team on Friday, July 11, at 9 p.m. ET in Laredo, Texas. It is Manzonelli’s first call-up for a youth national team.

Manzonelli, 18, was signed by the Revolution on May 22 following a brief trial with the club. He has yet to make a first team appearance for New England, but has made four starts with the reserve team, scoring one goal.

The native of St. Louis, Mo., spent two years with Villarreal in Spain prior to joining the Revs, playing with the club’s U-18 and reserve teams.

9. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea i remember seeing his name on their roster, i dunno... i dont know if the MLS is the right league for this kid. I am surprised he found a spot on a MLS team. He should be in europe, somewhere.

10. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Brandon made his mls debut against the Kickers of Usl2 in the open cup game (He replaced TT in the 73rd minute). He's been playing for the reserves and scored in their 5-0 win over the Red Bulls. I hope he gets more playing time. I asked what they do when they don't have a reserve game and he said they just don't play. It really sucks because the Rev's don't have another reserve game for over a month.

Brandon Manzonelli doubled the Revs' lead two minutes later in the 41st minute when he slipped past his defender on the left side of the area and curled a shot under the crossbar to the far post, beating Red Bulls keeper Caleb Patterson-Sewell. http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080619&content_id=166955&vkey=pr_mls&fext=.jsp

I'd like to see him in Europe as well. I think he would have stayed at Villarreal if he could of gotten the work permit to work out. I hope there still working on that.