14 Nov PBP?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by barnburner13, Nov 14, 2003.

1. barnburner13

barnburner13 New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Fort Drum, NY
    play by play....?

As I am sitting here in BFE afghanistan, I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to give a play by play or at least highlights to tonights game. I would be eternally grateful.

Noah

2. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I can´t see the game as I am here in Spain, but I would also appreciate some sort of play by play or something in order to ease the pain of constantly clicking "reload" on espn.com´s scoreboard.

3. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FYI: You can go to www.mlsnet.com and then click on the Fire v. Revs logo, it will be showing the score and time. Once you click on it go to Gamelog to read what is happening, it reloads every few minutes, also there is a boxscore which shows the time and who scored the goals, and has other stats. It's not much but better then nothing.

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But it won't be nearly as exciting as last weeks PBP. I'm planning on going to the game, so I can't help. I'm sure someone will end up doing it though.

5. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    For you guys, I'll see what I can do. I should be at home watching it on Yahoo Platinum as long as I get home from work on time.

6. Don_Crafts

Don_Crafts New Member

Oct 31, 2000
    20 House, Oswego
    Re: play by play....?

A Barn Burner in Afghanistan? Holy crap. You f*ing rock. Thank you for serving.

Is there a way for us to send a Fire care package to you?

[​IMG]

Maximum Respect,
    Don Crafts
    Chicago Fire, USA
    Don't stop living in the Red!

7. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Jeff, I feel like these little sessions are causing us to become friends.

8. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You're a Fire fan, we already are friends.

You're still not going to fly me out for the game though, are you?

9. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There´s still time to petition my school´s financial aid office. Maybe I could present you as a sociology study subject and say that I´m writing a paper on "The effects of location on Action-Response Times" .... maybe then the U of C could pay to fly you out. otherwise, I´ve 3.45 Euros and a can of warm Fanta Orange.

10. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So, how much is that in real American money? And how warm is that can?

To hell with it, send both.

11. barnburner13

barnburner13 New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Fort Drum, NY
    yeah barn burner in Afghanistan...quite a ways from section 8. lol
    you can send something if you like

SSG Noah Grove
    A 3/6 FA
    APO AE 09355
    Operation Enduring Freedom

any kind of mail from home, is GREAT. I will be following the game as best as I can from here. Here's to kicking a little revolution ass!

Noah
    p.s. maybe you could pick up my BB membership package...never got a chance to pick it up, and waiting for a reply about sending it to me

12. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Well Staff Sargent, my little brother just graduated from AIT from Ft. Benning and will be heading up to Fairbanks for the new Stryker brigade they are putting together up there. My girlfriend's brother is in the Ranger brigade out of Ft. Lewis and I get the feeling that he would be spending a few months in the mountains with you if it wasn't for the fact that he dislocated his shoulder and didn't get send out with the rest of his company.

We have a sailor in Gaeta on the flag ship from MDSC.

Fire fans the world around.

13. barnburner13

barnburner13 New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Fort Drum, NY
    and soon we will take over the world, and rename it Planet Fire...lol

14. Domination starts at the grassroots, right here with us. Write in Peter Wilt for President, and after 2 years we'll hold a nationwide referendum vote to grant him imperial powers. The Holy Empire of Chicago! Viva La Wilt!

15. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're getting at least a postcard :D

16. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Does someone think that we can do an AIM chatroom tonight? I'll try to sign up for that Yahoo thing, and perhaps I can do PBP from there.

17. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Also a good idea Bethany, I'll be on AIM as well then and we'll start a chatroom called: FirePBP if possible.

18. barnburner13

barnburner13 New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Fort Drum, NY
    okay I am AIM illiterate, #1 how does an AIM chatroom work, and #2, I can only use AIM express, will that work?

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    right about 4 bucks

20. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm not sure what AIM Express is about, what I do know is that on AIM you go to the "People" tab and in the name field type your name, in the chatroom tab you type the name of the room and send yourself an invitation.

That said, I will likely be primarily posting on BigSoccer because I can't keep track of what's going on in the AIM chatroom as well as I can on the BigSoccer. I'll probably have the AIM window open, but look for a thread here.

This is all assuming that I get home from work by 8:30, sigh.

21. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    AIM Express is troublesome...but I think it'll work. I don't think you can invite yourself though. My sn is OllieGirl1. Just IM me, and I'll invite you to the chat.

BTW, I want to get this free trial...but how on earth do I cancel?

22. barnburner13

barnburner13 New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Fort Drum, NY
    aim express doesn't have all the bells and whistles of regular AIM. All it does is run off of your browser. So, that being said, I will be watching in here for updates. GO FIRE!

Noah

23. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I believe you have to sign up with credit card and whatnot and then just remember to cancel before the two weeks are up. I should do that before leaving work, will let you know.

24. barnburner13

barnburner13 New Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Fort Drum, NY
    yeah i will try that, my sn is patriotskin69. Thanks

25. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer

Oi! Oi! Fire