$1225 with 3 more to go

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by vflkirwan, Jun 6, 2003.

1. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is how much money you would have in your WC2006 fund if you listened to the advice posted last July in this forum and put $25 aside every week.

2. The Voice of Reason!

Jan 6, 2002
    Wethersfield CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am kinda upset I am not on that plan in a strict way.

I generally try and put 100 a week away but that has to pay for my regular vacations, and Athens 2004 before I gotta start paying out for 2006 in germany

I am slightly afraid i will get to 2005 and not be able to put the bucks away for that trip

3. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. cossack

cossack Member

Loons
    United States
    Mar 5, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it needed reiteration for the hardcore, thanks vflkirwanistan!

5. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its my graduation present

6. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    That means if I start saving up in summer of 2005 I should be allright.

7. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    You'd have about $5,000 by the time WC 2006 rolls around.

8. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    hopefully ill be based at ramstien by 2006 (c'mon... hurry up and get those 17s there!!!!) so i wont really have to worry much about anything...

9. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me...it will probably be more like 4K ...because I plan on using some of that money to see some Quallies, like the if the US plays in Mexico (I'd be a huge shock if we didn't) or if I have to fly to Seattle for a home WCQ

10. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    ok here is my story.

I have 3 brothers/sisters. we are all going to a catholic high school that cost 6000 a year. Right now i have about $300 saved up :( I will be 18 in June 2006.

I figure if I have a birthday party in the next couple years it brings in atleast $400. any other suggestions on how to make enough money? I am supposed to get enough to pay for it by myself.

11. zpjohnstone

zpjohnstone Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the only 18 year olds I ever knew of with that much cash were either trust fund kids or drug dealers or pop stars.

So if you're not an heir to a fortune, or you haven't access to 'postal scales', I think your only practical course of action is to convince your sisters to start a risque catholic school girl pop band called the Defrockers, and become their money-skimming manager.

12. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh

hahahahaha, wow. that is actully a good idea. and it gave me a good laugh, causing coke (the drink) to come out of my mouth on the key board.

13. pweakland

pweakland Member

Feb 17, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    your family can afford $24,000 a year in private school, so shut up. then maybe consider the unthinkable...GET A JOB!

14. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    well even before you said that i started looking. I already make $20 a week reffing soccer games but i cant save it. I got to buy some stuff. ya i know sacrifice etc.

but now i just made posters about me cutting grass. nothing will keep me from missing germany

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Re: Re: $1225 with 3 more to go

hmm, someone forget their meds this morning?

jesus, calm down there slick...no need to get snippy.

16. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Will you be in college by 2006? If you get a full ride or close to it your parents may be willing to throw down a few large for you (I'm going to a $38,000/year school for $8,000/year and my dad is probably going to pay for me to go).

17. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    no, junior in high school. going to be senior next semester

18. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Got my money saved up already. Of course, it was originally earmarked for Korea. :(

Sachin

19. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    950$ so far, kinda gettin hard not to spend it though.

note to self: stay strong. dont spend money.

if worse comes to worse i'll convince my parents that a month in germany is a good vacation...even though i'll be 22.

20. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    You're a junior in high school now or you will be in 2006? If you're one now, you'll be in college in 2006, so my advice would apply (but best to get your ass moving on scholarships)

21. stevewhit0

stevewhit0 New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Champaign, IL
    If you really want to get creative..Find a college that has a semester abroad..That way in 2006 you go to Germany for school, and your in Germany for the world cup, also you should be able to get cheaper train tickets and when your a tourist in Germany and you want to travel by train ticket prices are F-ing rough...Oh and take German in college..

22. TheMutts

TheMutts New Member

May 19, 2002
    Pittsburgh
    ok. to clear stuff up. I am entering 9th grade. right now. I took my graduation money and put it in a savings account. I have about $300.

23. JMU Soccer!

JMU Soccer! New Member

Jul 19, 1999
    My Plan,

-Get a fresh credit card with a decent credit limit, do everything first class in Germany 2006. Great Hotels, great food.

-Continually do balance transfers to lower APRs credit cards for the next 4 years as I pay it off, just in time for 2010.

24. chilistrider

chilistrider Together We Rise

May 9, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I second stevewhit0's suggestion of studying abroad. If you'll be graduating right before the World Cup and won't be in college yet (therefore not ready for semester abroad yet), there are programs for graduating seniors to go abroad. Who says you have to go straight to college anyway? You could work/study in Germany for a year first.

Anyway, I think two such programs are AFI and Rotary. Look around. I'm sure there are many others.

Living in a foreign country is a wonderful experience. I highly recommend it if you can find a way!

25. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Stupid rich/lucky kids

I have $300 saved.

Maybe I can hide in a wheelwell of a trans-atlantic 747. *sigh* :(