12/6/23 Manchester United

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Dec 6, 2023.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #51 StamfordBridgeLions, Dec 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
    Nope. The 80s was watching sad old players fcuck it all up. This is like watching chaos. Our results are chaos and this is as expected, because we are a kids team - we are a bunch of kids. Our team are youths. Sometimes amazing, Often annoying, and totally all over the place. Spazzy at times. Chaos. A roller coaster. Get used to it.

Todd as gone with this ageist model. In questioning this model we were assured that its a long-term project and that these are some of the finest young talents in the world. Generational talent. Apparently. what we need in the January window is a 200 million quid infusion of Brazilian kids. that will do the trick. . .

Poch is a decent manager. I have always liked our managers. . .well, apart from AVB and Avram Grant and Scolari and that fecking awful fellah we had recently. . . the one named like a wizard.

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seems like I made the right decision to miss the game (Had to drive family to the airport).

Least we didn't lose anyone to a red card.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  3. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The football was worse in the 80's! Pochettino blames 'tiredness'! A ridiculous claim! Fact is the team was badly coached and the players were bloody awful! As Bates once stated in 84 'some of the players are quite frankly not good enough' which after spending a billion quid is shameful!

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So are you saying we should sack the coach?

Personally, I think Pochettino is fine as a coach at this moment in time. I think we should support the coach.

the 'tiredness' of the players? Well they were probably up past their bedtime again. These young 'uns with their late night sleepover parties. . . i think our erratic form is down to our lack of experience and leadership on the pitch. Just a couple of more grown ups in the squad would make a lot of difference.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was did as well but and with Conor out it was a good opportunity but against United (even a struggling United) it was too much. We never get any calls our way against them and it’s extra bright lights. He did have a beautiful goal but his touch in our half vs theirs was night and day. He’s going to be tasked dropping in the middle of the pitch and he has to be silky smooth there.

6. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nope. Pochettino is a good coach, I'm saying we should give him time and the right tools for the job.

limpidrock repped this.
  7. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    Poch is a good coach. It's the recruitment that's royally messed up. We have amassed an average team for a billion quids. Wished Roman were still here.

Crawleybus, Dr_Intoxicated and lobomojo repped this.
  8. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do we even know who exactly is earmarking our acquisitions? Scouting 'network'? Whoever it is they need replacing!

The team (unsurprisingly) looks woefully short of confidence, it is a young team that seemed for a while to be improving, perhaps the last couple of weeks are just a bump in the road!

9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    i wanna believe in our young'uns, I really really do, but then you see/remember this and ask which young'un will ever do things like this:

limpidrock repped this.