PBP: 12/18 Fortuna Düsseldorf v BVB Dortmund: Pulisic startin

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by orcrist, Dec 18, 2018.

1. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least I'm talking about the match. You're just posting meta-PBP on my PBP.

Solution: click this link:

chad

Hit ignore.

2. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice move from CP! Gets a decent cross in, not good enough. Good job Fortuna, deserved to win.

Ironbound repped this.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    First time since September 1996 that Fortuna wins two BuLi games in a row.

4. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Last play Pulisic great move to beat his man down the line, nice lefty cross, defender heads it straight up in the air, but close enough to the keeper that Witsel can't compete for it. Full time.

5. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the Pulisic PBP thread. You don't have to talk bad about Sancho just to build him up [/frankbrugerers]

wixson7 repped this.
  6. redstarforever_

Feb 23, 2017
    sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    so there's dortmunds first loss, didn't think it would come from fortuna

7. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    So, CP started and BvB lost?

While he's not the reason they lost, it's unfortunate; after spending so much time on the bench.

8. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Final, 2-1

Well deserved win by Dusseldorf. Great counter goal and a thunderbolt into the top corner.

Pulisic was (IMO) really poor in the first half, but was better in the second, especially after the subs put Dortmund in a more attacking posture and flipped him to the left. He wasn't great in the final third though; everything seemed to be just a little bit off.

I remain convinced that he needs to move on from Dortmund to progress as a player, and it makes sense to me that he isn't regularly starting for Dortmund at the moment.

EruditeHobo and TheFalseNine repped this.
  9. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    We can get on Sancho for his turnovers, but the team needed him to take those gambles to create. Would have liked CP to try more down the line earlier himself, but I think they were game planning for possession. Sancho was a major contributor to the goal, CP to the opportunities that failed to count, and the defense got beaten once with speed and once with a divine shot from long range.

10. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow.

HartwickFan repped this.
  11. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I actually think he was better in the first half, reason it was Bruun-Larsen who got subbed. When Sancho came in Puli tried to do more, but without any plan, so he started going forward more and losing the ball, until all the action was happening on the right (CP was on the left by then).

In the first half, he not only helped create three good chances, but covered his side well. In the second half, he lobbed a ball poorly and lost it to an onrushing attacker who made a poor pass to a Fortuna free man. A better team makes Puli pay for that error.

Overall, I'd say he was a Kicker 4,0 in the first half and a 4,5 in the second. He'll probably get one of those two scores. An average BvB player in bad-game-mode in the first, almost a liability in the second.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  12. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Team looked a lot better without Larsen.

13. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And who was the team's best player on the day?