12/13 CCL: Quarterfinals [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by Nico Limmat, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    No I know, I was only pointing it out as a matter of fact, not trying to imply that he doesn't have latin roots. He very likely does, I just have no idea where his ancestors are from :)

2. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This will make tuca look a lot worse when rayados are in the CWC again :coffee:

3. dinamo_zagreb

dinamo_zagreb Member+

Jun 27, 2010
    San Jose, CA / Zagreb, Croatia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    SPECTACULAR goal by Traore, SPECTACULAR return from Seattle... shame I went to bed like 5 mins before 1st half ended... fuking 8 hrs time difference :rolleyes:

4. Regi0

Regi0 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Depends on the circumstances. You can't deny that its kind of petty to have beaten a 10 man reserve squad at home. Especially when they were down a goal by the end of 1st half before the red.

5. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great win for Seattle, but the red card totally changed the game. No doubt Tigres is better club overall at the moment. That said, Seattle is still adding players are coming into form.

Glad I watched it. Que golazo de Traore!

6. Mr.Smartypants

Mr.Smartypants Red Card

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    University College Dublin
    Frankly, and I say this as a person who has no disillusions that Liga MX is far better than MLS, this excuse really rings hollow. Tigres has no one to blame but themselves for losing this quarterfinal, and Tuca deserves a lot of blame as well.

The game is full of couldas, shouldas and wouldas. Had Tigres not botched several chnaces early in their home leg the result would have been too much for Seattle to overcomes, had Tuca actually respected his opponent (going away to a surface that clearly favors Seattle in a climate that clear favored them) and brought a more complete side they may have advanced, had Eddie Johnson actually coverted the numerous chances he had in the second leg it might have never made a difference with the red card anyway.

Fact is, the team that wanted to win more, won the series. You can't blame fans of Seattle for celbrating the victory, its not their fault Tuca decided to be disrespectful, its not their fault your player got sent off. They advanced as an underdog and they are damn pleased about that. To the victor goes the spoils.

Unak78, SiberianThunderT and Boda United repped this.
  7. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Credit to the Sounders for putting a better team on the field, thoroughly outplaying their opposition, and coming away with a well-deserved series victory.

Credit to Tigres for keeping the whining and excuse-making to somewhat below Man U levels.

8. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he still won´t care.

9. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    looks like its going to be the same continental final as last year ;)

10. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    when did you say that?

And no it does not. Congrats Seattle, you were the better team. Those were some freaking golazos!!

see

11. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It was hardly luck. It was Tigres' own fault for the team they brought. That's what happens when you play the edge so much. Tigres needs to stop treating MLS teams as equivalent to Central American teams.

12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Panamanian Nicolas Muñoz is Pichichi so far with 6 goals!! The closest mexican thats still in the CCL is J. Corona with 2! Looks like a 7 year streak of a mexican always finishing continental top scorer is going to end!

13. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    If Tigres has no one blame but themselves, why do people expect Tigres fans to give credit to Seattle?

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well MLS teams should not do what tuca did to Central American teams (the top teams).

Coefficient wise MLS is closer to Costa Rica and Honduras than to Liga MX.

15. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    People who are saying Seattle is lucky that the red card occurred an that Tuca fielded a weak team are just making lame excuses.

Tigres had a strong team in the first leg in Mexico and barely won that match 1-0. So we don't know for sure how things would have played out. All we know is how things DID play out and that was a solid comeback by the Sounders.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suazo (Chile) was the official champion last year or 2 years ago.

17. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed, however, at this point I think that MLS teams have clearly separated themselves from Central America. 5 years ago, this was not so. On the field, I think this is clear also. MLS has improved in player quality and tactics. Still far from being on par from MX

18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It depends...we've always had a leg up on the top central americans...and then things would change. it's constantly changing. The only thing that stays the same is Mexico as #1 right nwo.

I remember DCU THRASHING then top side of Honduras IN honduras 4-1 I believe for us to go next round vs. Chivas of Mexico in 2007. 6 years ago. Christina Gomez had an AMAZING goal....

19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure we (MLS) sucked the first 2 years of the CCL, now MLS is where it probably should be based on salaries, between Top Central American teams and Liga MX.

I still think LA vs. Herediano is a more even match up than Seattle - Tigres and Houston - Santos. Especially with out LD and Becks.

20. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Didn't DC United get handled by Marathon a year or so before that...

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Grandparents m8

ImaPuppy repped this.
  22. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Like I said, it's up and down.

In 2008 I believe is when Marathon played better. Same goes in 2009 I want to say also. DCU was down hill though starting 2008 once their DP Marcelo Gallardo was out after injury.

23. Mr.Smartypants

Mr.Smartypants Red Card

Jul 1, 2010
    Club:
    University College Dublin
    Not credit, but i would refrain from making excuses. Seatle won, at the end of the day thats all that matters to anyone.

24. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Santos Laguna will send the regular team tonight?

25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I heard they might send their C-Team out there. who knows m8