11/9/03 EPL Round 12: Chelsea v. Newcastle [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    One year extension

Desailly signed on for another year not that long ago.Whether or not Ranieri actually wanted him to play during that year or just wanted him around for his vast expierence/back up is anybody guess.
    With the pace of the game today and his constant (lately) injuries i would tend to go for the later of the two.

Now, as for having another player come in that is a center half, i would say that during the summer we may indeed see one.
    I would tend to doubt though that it will be a big name player, we don't have a need for one really.What we do have a need for is a good, steady, reliable back up for the starting pair.Huth is good, but, is perhaps a year ot three away from being that player.

How things change though eh?
    It was just a few months ago that the very real probability of losing Gallas was becoming apparent.
    We didn't match is idea of a club going forward.

Will we ever see that days again when we have a player thats with us (or any club really) for a decent period of time.

When Spackman decked Keown, he was in, what?...his 13th season with us. (can't recall exactly)

Babayaro is our longest serving player now at 6 seasons and may well be forced out the door in the close season.He has certainly lost his starting place.
    Bridge seems to be gaining in confidence all the time, now, if only he could use his other foot......

2. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Re: Re: Re: Re: The Duffer to start

Sri Lanka, got back lst night in time to get down to Southampton today only to find the house had been broken into so I have to stay in London and sort that out!

Still got to see the egg chasers win the world cup