11/6 Reyna: Man City v Groclin, UEFA Cup {R}

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by babytiger2001, Nov 6, 2003.

1. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    It was only a matter of time. Cripes, it seems like this guy is injured more often than I can complain about it. Reyna, along with JOB, Pope, McBride, and Olsen are such hard workers. The good thing is it seems like our most talented players are also our most dedicated professionals.

-fixed your post-

2. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the poles also had some great scoring chnaces, some looked like easy misses, it will be hell in poland, just think of the freezing tempatures in 3 weeks from now

3. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another crap performance for City. They must be terribly embarrassed. Should have been 4-1.

4. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Complete schedule:
    :: Qualifying round-12 & 28 Aug 2003
    :: First Round-24 Sep & 16 Oct 2003
    :: Second Round-29 Oct & 27 Nov 2003
    :: Third Round-26 Feb & 03 Mar 2004
    :: Fourth Round-11 & 25 Mar 2004
    :: Quarter-finals-08 & 14 Apr 2004
    :: Semi-finals-22 Apr & 06 May 2004
    :: Final-19 May 2004

5. ravensjk

ravensjk New Member

Nov 6, 2002
    Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Reyna may have missed a near open net from the 5 yard line, but he looked like pure magic setting it up. His touch was fantastic and I would bet that beating the last player before the shot pushed him off balance enough that it affected his judgement. It's not that uncommon of an occurence; just unfortunate that he happened to be so close to the goal when it happened to him this time.

6. jclampit

jclampit Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Most people at the Talkin' City forum seem to agree that losing Reyna was the turning point of the match, as they then had no one to direct the game and create chances for Fowler, etc. Quite a change from a few weeks ago when most didn't even want him playing, except perhaps as an occasional sub.

7. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Judging from Europe results, by and large one can only conclude that the premiership just isn't that good.

8. Emre5

Emre5 New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    chelsea,the death of
    sebastian mila

yes. that's it. most of these Groclin Dyskobolia players are younger than 27 and looking for a lucrative move to western leagues. They employ a slovak coach and two slovak players in their team. the slovak players started. one croat also started. The Blonde Left Footer. Sebastian mila will be next posterboy for polish soccer. WHAT A FREE KICK. Seaman hd no chance! This guy was being compared to nedved! everytime he was near the ball. while these comparisons are not the law, i am telling you i have high hopes for this guy. the team play fluid attacking soccer and these big euro nights they really get up for. like i stated, most of these players are young and looking for big moves abroad, and their level is not so beneath england that most people would assume.

cheers.

9. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000