11/6 Revs vs. United (in-game)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Nov 6, 2004.

1. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not awful. Well struck, but telegraphed.

A-don't had a nice stutter step on his approach.

My DVR ran out just before the presentation of the trophy. Good timing. :)

2. Mike Toole

Mike Toole New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Compliments to DC on a fantastic match. Compliments to the Revs for never giving up and keeping hope alive to the end. It really could have gone either way.

I'm a little sad, but still thrilled at that amazing game. That was a match worthy of a European title decider-- lots of grit, lots of passion, and even a little skill. And I'm even a tiny, tiny, TINY bit relieved, as towards the end of overtime as we continued to dominate, a little voice in the back of my head was saying, "oh ********, we can't afford plane tickets to Los Angeles!"

Here's to a most unusual season with an amazing ending. I hope the final can live up to this one.

3. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best game I have ever seen in MLS history, far surpassing last years MLS Cup. I love the boys, it's sad to see it end this way. Good luck DC, although I'll be rooting for KC 120% plus PKs of the way.

Ugh, I feel like puking.

4. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    That was a helluva game and NE showed more heart than any team this season. I wouldn't hang my head if I were you guys. You played hard and were just as deserving as us.

5. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great season. they made it great when they qualified for the playoffs during the last game of the season. and they knocked out the crew. none too shabby. great game and we'll see ya next year.

6. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Even though we lost, it was a greatest MLS game I ever watched. Revs should have putted way chances, they got in OT.

But here is something I know. Revs always plays entertaining match, if it really matters. I think structure of MLS should be changed, so that we can watch game like that in regular season too.

7. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, updated my sig tables with this week's games.

If anyone wants a DVD of this weeks game, send me a PM with your address.

8. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking the same thing in the final moments. If the Rev had made it I'd have found a way. :)

9. SirFozzie

SirFozzie Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 17, 2001
    Franklin, MA
    Sorry Jeremy, if I watched that game again, I'd either cry like a baby, or snap the DVD over my knee :/

10. Revs_White_Rose

Revs_White_Rose New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Somerville, MA U.S.A
    Ok well.....there is always next year....sorry Brad..no pirates of the caribbean this year. :( We tried our best is all I can say.

11. j.r.'s mom

j.r.'s mom New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Carrollton, Texas
    Wow, that is one of the best games I've ever watched, probably the best MLS game. So sorry about the result. I thought y'all had it up until the last moment. Your team really gave their all and they should be very proud!

12. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off-season. Lock this thread and forward it to a reprise of the "We suck again thread." :)

Nice run after an abysmal season of inopportune injuries. If there was a stat for "heart", this Rev squad would set a new record.

Viva Revolution!

Go you Rev!!

Wait 'til next year!!!