11/6 choreo

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by BBBulldog, Nov 1, 2004.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'd like to figure this out by midday Monday so I can order papers and hope they get to me by Friday

I'd like to incorporate white to see how that looks.

maybe red section/white section and do some sort of black details. Black plastic heart - made of same stuff as plastic signs, and hopefully people won't be jerking it too much to making unrecognizable. It would have to be large to show as sections are fairly flat. I realize heart can be made out of cards too, but that might end up too jumbeled at this point.

[​IMG]

Spelling out DC might be too hard atthis point

[​IMG]

Kim, do you think 133 would be into it (I just realized I've been drawing them and part of 136 in with these LOL)

2. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    While Spelling out DC may be too hard, the effect could be awesome if you guys raised them alternately and chanted along with it.

SE's Raise theirs and shout D
    BB raise and shout C
    do this 3 x, then all raise and shout "UNITED"

Not only would it have a good visual effect, it would also act sort of like cue cards to get the quiet side into it.

3. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea, I sat in 133 on Saturday and everyone seemed pretty into it so I think it is quite the possibility.

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Do it!!! I say we do a "We" then the heart, then "DC."

When we describe what we're doing, I have no doubt that the fans will get into it.

We need to get better media attention this time so we can make sure it gets on the telecast.

5. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Srdan if you can figure out how to space cards I will certainly tell people what they need to do (and we can try to recruit more people to help pass out cards and give instruction). We can definitely expand to 133 no problem, I originally explained to folks that due to budget constraints we were only doing 134 on Sat.

We did have one question though, which way to hold the cards? (Vertically or horizontally?) Doesn't matter but just to be consistent. I think our gang is up for this just need good instruction.

K

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    The simple blocks were easy to spread, I just threw Owen a 50 and 50 for me and we each covered a side and you guys handled yours. This one might be trickier :D It would be easy if there was a way that they can survive, then you just outline letters according to chairs. We can map chair outline (general seat/row) beforehand and hand to those people first 10 mins before, then fill out the rest, as long as they know that in even they suddenly want to stand 50 feet to their left (especially in FA Barra) they can just leave paper behind.

DC would be cool cos we could also flip a "UNITED" banner over Eagles/Barra ones up front for several minutes and do DC United chant that gets picked up a lot by surrounding sections.

I hold it horizontally, it's just easier for me to hold that way, but it doesn't really matter (usually cards are 2x2 so no such problems). Looked like most people around me did it that way. Best part was all the kids were writing anti-metro messages on it afterwards hehe

7. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kim, If we all end up in 133 again this game like we did last saturday, you know all of us will be more than willing to pass out the cards/ directions, and watch the clock / lead in getting it started on time.

Unfortuantely I dont have a way of knowing what section well be put in until game day. Last week I thought we were in 134 for sure, but ended up in 133. Anyway, I just wanted to throw out the offer to help with 133. The more, the bigger, the better, and the better we all look.

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I ordered 150 white, 150 red, 100 black for DC version (if we're going down in history as most messed up mosaic, we're going down in blaze of glory :D)

We'll cover 134 and 135 then spread rest in 133/136 (should be good amount leftover).

I will type out some info on it to put on Barra keg board and to pass as people are entering sections (will need several people's help with that to cover all 3-5 entrances). Mostly because red/black thing last Saturday was really easy to explain in few words, this might be bit more involved (in sections where actual letters are).

And I'd like to thank La Barra for sponsoring last Saturday papers by buying my game ticket :)

9. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U_C_P and I will be more than glad to cover Sec. 133!

10. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Do it through Eagles, I left 100 reds with Paul during game so not sure who all spread it but it looked great :)