11/4: Who Says You Can't Go Home?: Nashville vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Nov 4, 2020.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Game: Nashville SC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Wednesday, November 4th
    Time: 7:30 pm [DFW] | 8:30 pm [Local] | 01:30 [Universal]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Sunny; H 73, L 46
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Live TV: Fox Sports Southwest [DFW] | WUXP-21 (MyTV30) [Nashville] | ESPN+ [USA] | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | 1270 AM [Spanish]

With our away form (especially against these clowns), I'm not holding my breath but a win would be huge for any hope of getting a home playoff game.

2. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    That's the best I seen them play in a long while, particularly the epic effort by Santos. Winning in Nash is hard. So props. Still worried about the attack, but this night did bring this question to my mind:

"What if the solve at left wing was always Ryan?".

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very pleasantly surprised that even without Fafa and Jara, we won. Minnesota and LAFC dropping points and losing (respectively), was good too. We can clinch a home playoff game with a win or tie on Sunday. We could finish as high as 2nd and as low as 7th.

4. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been a bit since I could watch a game live due to conflicts, still missed the first 25 minutes thanks to HS pointy ball though. Excellent three points, much needed in the standings. Three more Sunday may be asking a lot, but I'm optimistic.

• HoHead was outstanding. This is the 4th game I can recall this season where he just elevates, and this makes two in a row. Seems his head in really in a good space.
    • I like the play from Pepi tonight, a shame he couldn't get on the sheet. His hold up play was improved and his first touch was looking deft. It looks like he's been working hard on receiving weird balls at pace. He's not 90 minutes fit though (odd), he was clearly gassed 10 minutes prior to being subbed off.
    • Reynolds and Nelson both had good games as well.
    • Santos might have had his best game and this midfield trio seems to be working very well together. You could easily trade Tessman for Jesus and not drop in quality (as demonstrated during the late sub). I feel like Jesus might have needed this run of games that Luchi has been simply handing him to get some confidence back. I hope it works.
    • I don't like the shift to a 5 man back line. It looks to me like the three center back configuration only adds responsibility confusion. Too many free runners after the change (not just this game).
    • Reynolds hits the most purposeful crosses we've seen in a long time. Watch him closely as he's nearing the end line. He's not watching how close the ball is to going out, his head is up on a swivel looking for runners, and then he's executing. It's awesome.
    • The field mic's last night seemed to pick up a lot more in game communication. Mauer really stood out for me here. Another good game form him, and deserved clean sheet.