11/20/04 Matchday 14: Chelsea FC v. Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Nov 15, 2004.

1. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    Damn, Bolton scores. Our defense seems to be letting more in lately...

2. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    two all..........f **k!!!!!

3. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    F***!!!!!!

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Who scored the 2nd? I know ex-Saint, ex-Rover, ex-Saint Davies got the first.

5. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    jaidi in the 87th min.

6. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    Jaidi

And btw, HAHAHAHAHA!!

7. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    All that Rep & yer still Trolling, hrumph. :(

8. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    so how did arsenal get on with west brom today?????

oh yeah......HAHAHAHAHA.

9. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    nice one pant sniffer.

I thought Mourinho might have got it wrong today, bringing on a defender, you let them attack.

10. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    He always does that, and usually there are no problems.

11. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Maybe couldn't kill them off, im watching higlights now anyway.

12. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    :D

Excellent result for the Whites.

Don't worry guys you'll take all three at the Reebok as usual ;)

13. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    awesome comment about duff, i still think hes the best winger in the epl, and has been my favorite player since i watched him at world cup 2002.

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well then, that was a bit deflating huh?

Poor defending cost us 2 points today - what the heck was Cech flapping at?
    Those type of goals that we conceded for the second happen, nothing much can be done about it.Fell right to his feet and he lashed it home, credit Bolton for giving it a go and staying in the game.

It would seem that United were the big winners with todays round of results.
    Has anybody else noticed that Boro have been quietly getting in there as well?

15. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Im happy with the result.

16. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Happy with a draw against West Brom (!) ??

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Terrible result. This is two points dropped, and somewhat badly. We had so many chances to win, and just assumed no one could possibly score two goals against us. :rolleyes: Cech finally makes a mistake, and wouldn't you know it.
    Ah well. We didn't look terribly sharp today, but thanks to Arsenal for slipping up again, to West Brom, of all teams. Their confidence and health is shot. Still, we should be 4 points up on them, not two. Very disappointing.
    Fair shout to Bolton - they were the poorer team on the day, but hung in tough and snuck a point.
    ******** happens.

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, i pretty much think thats about right.

But, hey, we didn't lose and we wont win them all.

I'm trying to pick out a player that had a bad game - i can't.

It was just that sort of day!

19. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eidur wasn't great. For a striker, he's not very good at converting gimmes. That's what we need - a player like Ruud. No, Ruud couldn't create a ham sandwich in a deli, but he can covert chances that are there. I had hoped Kezman might be that player. That hope has proven very wrong so far.
    Also, Cech finally had a howler.

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Indeed, fair comments all.

Much as i think Babayaro has played his way out of the squad, J Cole is still in the dog house over his 'lack of defending' after scoring, i think Eidur has offered Mourinho the straw weight he needed to tip the scales in his ( i presume) mental debate about breaking up a winning team.
    Now, Drogba has of course missed a sitter or ywo this season as well it must be said, but, as ever in football, you're only as good as your last game.

That being said, i don't think he had a stinker.

Ah yes, poor old Cech.
    Bound to happen eventually eh?
    The problem with a keeper though, is that we he makes a gaff, it usually means the other team scores and thus negates any chance of 'making amends' by hustling back to win the ball - so to speak.

All in all, it wasn't a great performance, and i'd be flat out lying if i said i didn't think we had 3 in the bag after we went 2 up, but thats football for ya.

Onwards and upwards and a win in mid-week will have this game soon forgotten.

Although i'll bet Cech will get a roasting from Mourinho when they're alone ;)

21. EdgarDavids20

EdgarDavids20 New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was a good game from the neutral perspective. The defending on both free kicks was pretty bad and cech really should have saved the first goal on davies. other than that, Duff was the only one who really standed out as having a good game. You guys probably have the best midfield in england with duff and robben on both wings and makele and lampard in the cneter. You're defense was suprisingly suspect on a few occassions nonwithsanding the two goals but other than that it's not the worst result in the world which is more than I can say for another team. :D

22. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    You can't win em all...as they say!
    Chelsea players prolly skipped breakfast.
    As for the team, they're still on a good path.
    Mourinho will steady the ship, and it'll be smooth sailing once Drogba gets back to 100%, no offense to Eidur, who's a solid second option striker/forward. Tiago looks to be firing on all cylanders now...not good news for the opposition.

I think Chelsea are still one player away from winning it all.

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Well, our defense doesn't rely on brute force, and that's EXACTLY what Bolton relies on. Lofting balls into the box for their beanpole army. I think this would actually have been a big game for Huth, as he's not likely to be pushed around on high balls into the box.

24. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I didn't see the game today. But your comment brings to mind the chance at Fulham that he missed early in the game. Someone (Robben?) brought it toward the end line and then cut back with a cross on the ground. Eidur was open, not rushed, at least not by premeirship standards, and blasted the ball off target. Pretty much anywhere else and he's got the goal.

25. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I agree, I thought I Eidue was absolute ******** today. He was always passing the ball of the to the wrong man, never in the right position and never seemed to be in the box. He seems to ne more of a winger than a striker these days.

I hate to say it but I am sick, ********ING sick on Tiago. I reallly think he's just rubbish crap. He has a goal today...woohoo. He gave up the ball, screwed up too many chances and just always seemed to be needlessly giving the ball up to a Bolton player. I could just be mad that we drew and should have win but I can't see why Tiago plays and Parker (or even GEREMI) sits.