11/20/04 Matchday 14: Chelsea FC v. Bolton [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Nov 15, 2004.

1. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG] v. [​IMG]

Chelsea FC 10-2-1, 32 PTS, 1st Place (+2)
    Bolton 6-4-3, 22 PTS, 5th Place (-10)

3:00 PM GMT
    10:00 AM EST

US TV: 3PM SDD FSW, 1PM Sunday NDD FSW
    UK TV: None

Live on Big Blue

ChelseaFC.com

News on Soccernet

TEAMtalk-Chelsea

BBC-Chelsea

Latest Chelsea News From Google

Other Fixtures (EST) US TV

Saturday, November 20, 2004
    7:45 Man Utd v Charlton Live FSW, 5PM SDD FSW
    10:00 Arsenal v West Brom
    10:00 Crystal Palace v. Newcastle
    10:00 Everton v Fulham
    10:00 Middlesbrough v Liverpool Live PPV
    10:00 Norwich v Southampton
    12:15 Portsmouth v Man City Live FSW

Sunday, November 21, 2004
    11:05 Blackburn v Birmingham Live PPV

Monday, November 22, 2004
    3:00 Aston Villa v Tottenham Live FSW, 8PM SDD FSW

2. robben16

robben16 New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Chelsea
    3-0 to chelsea Robben hatTrick

3. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    3-1 to the Blues, Eidur, Lamps & robben to score (again:)) + we'll
    concede one on a big rebound.

...nah, 1-0 Terry to score on an 85th minute header.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City

THAT'S TOO LITTLE GOALS. AT LEAST 2-0. PSV DUO WILL SCORE. KEZMAN AND ROBBEN

5. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    duff, super frankie, eidur

3-0

6. RobH

RobH New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    On the contrary. Week of World Cup qualifiers, which will affect Chelsea more than Bolton. Bolton will "park the bus" in front of their goal.

2-1 Chelsea. Robben, Lampard.

7. RobH

RobH New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Nope. Week of internationals, which will give Chelsea more problems than Bolton.

2-1 Chelsea. Robben and Lampard.

8. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Please don't hurt us.

9. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :p That's what you said last year too!

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'll be the first...2-2 draw. Goals by Robben and Lamps. I just have a feeling that Bolton will take a point here.

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    ....ah, what the heck, i'll come out and say it.

We're gonna thump youse 5-0!

:D

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Man, would the whole of the EPL shutter if we banged 4+ against someone again...

(Eyes slowly close as I daydream of Chelsea basking in a 5-0 win. Immediately I start thinking of Wolves last year away.)

But then I wake up and remember I think it'll be a 2-2 draw.

13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    lol
    DON'T WORRY, JUST KEEP DREAMING. YOU KNOW, DREAMS DO COME TRUE

14. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I have a felling Bolton will win the one 1-0.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's not totally unbelievable. Bolton tends to play up in big games (witness Man U the last 3 years and Arsenal last year I think). We could just have a crapper and drop it. I just don't see it happening at home right now, not with the way this team is playing. They a clicking right now thanks to Robben and are on a serious roll. I just don't think this'll be their week, but I still have this feeling it'll be a 2-2 draw. I have no idea why because there is no way Bolton should score two on us.

16. christosap

christosap New Member

Jul 12, 2004
    adelaide
    bolton are a quality side it could be a 0-0 game or even a loss for chelsea, either way it wont be an easy win.

17. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Its going to be an ugly game for sure. If you live on the west coast, Dont bother waking up early for it.

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    They won't need to wake up early since it's a 3pm EST tape delayed game. I am going to like this late game. I can sleep in and watch the Barca-Madrid game at Nevada's before had at 4pm and then Nevada Smith's is replaying Chelsea at 6pm.

19. mst77

mst77 New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Washington
    Squad news

http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=238976&m=11&y=2004&nav=news&sub=latest+news

Captain John Terry is suffering from a neck injury but it is not serious enough to keep him from facing Bolton on Saturday afternoon. Fellow centre-back Robert Huth is out with an ankle injury while Joe Cole is omitted from the squad as his grandmother is very seriously ill.

The fact that Terry will play despite not being 100 per cent emphasises both his individual importance and the need for stability within the team according to Mourinho.

The Chelsea manager said: “John is very important. We have a spine of four or five players, crucial from the technical point of view. But John and also Frank Lampard are more than that.

“They are important technically but also mentally. If I can, I want to play them every game but I know I can’t so in the Carling Cup I rest them sometimes.

“I have to try to find the best moment to give them a rest, particularly when small injuries are coming. The best way to cure John’s neck injury is after tomorrow to give him two days off and probably not involve him in the Paris St-Germain game.”

Other plans for both Saturday and next Wednesday’s Champions League game have also been made.

“The players are very confident and the team is very happy because every player is playing games,” said Mourinho. “My players know that if they don’t play tomorrow it is because I play them against Paris or they play against Charlton. They know the rotation is in movement.

“For example I don’t select Smertin for the squad against Bolton. He played 90 minutes in Russia, not in Moscow. He had to travel from that place to Moscow on Wednesday night and on Thursday morning he had to fly from Moscow to London. So I don’t play him. I have Parker and Tiago.

“But Smertin knows he will play against Paris so the atmosphere is very strong. And being happy is the best thing when you try to play football.

“Drogba will not play tomorrow but may play very soon. Maybe on the bench against Paris but if not, then Charlton I think.

“It will be the same process as with Robben. First match on the bench, on at 70 minutes. Then 45 minutes maximum next game.”

Squad: Cech, Cudicini, Ferreira, Johnson, Terry, Carvalho, Gallas, Bridge, Babayaro, Makelele, Parker, Gérémi, Tiago, Lampard, Duff, Robben, Kezman, Gudjohnsen

Haven't decided whether to listen live or wait to watch the tape delay. As usual, it will probably depend on how drunk I get tonight and if I can wake up in time.

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yes, very ugly for Arsenal fans, since we'll keep our lead.

21. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC

Oh, I dunno, this is a tricky one. I watched the Arsenal 2-2 with Bolton and the Bolton side were very unlucky not to win that one. Then again it is easy to score against Arsenal, must be all that sh1t in their pants from watching Robben and Chelsea on the telly :)
    Bolton are a good side when they want to be.

btw - They are also very tall I think ? Are they the tallest team in the prem? is that right?

22. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Ah sure iwas only giving him the response he'd thought he'd hear from "gobby, smug Chelsea glory hunters" there Monkee.

Didn't actually mean it and Prenn is a decent poster.

Actual thought is another one nil to the Chelsea to be honest.

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    For a Brit, Prenn's not bad. ;) :p

24. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Do We sound that arrogant on the Arsenal boards?

25. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No. You're usually worse.