11.2 million dollars for Yasser Al-Gahtani

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by SAUDI, Jul 5, 2005.

1. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    Saudi giant Ittihad sent an official offer to Gadsyah to use Yasser Al-Gahtani service for 5 years contract.

The contract entitles Gadsyah to have a sum of 42 million Saudi ryials (11.2 million dollars) worth of cash and multi contracts.

Gadsyah is still studying this offer and gave 2 days period for Hilal which is the favorite side for Yasser Al-Gahtani.

Yasser did turn down this offer requesting his management to release him for Hilal whereas, gadsyah is asking for a price that can compete with Ittihad offer.

:D :D

2. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Rather see him to Ittihad than wearing the Hilal blue...

I wish Al Nasr can make an offer like that :(

[​IMG]

The Sniper!

Oh and if they do buy him won't this be the biggest transfer in Saudi and maybe Asian history?

3. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    please Blowi stop this :(

4. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The biggest transfer in KSA before Yasser's is 11.5 million riyals for Al Ghanam from Shabab to Hilal, so it will easily be the biggest transfer in Saudi, but don't know about Asian history.

5. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

wow 11.2 million?!?!!? ddanG!! i wish the K-League could pull off something like that. hmm... its a lot of money for an Asian club, but the J-League probably had some big deal one time or another. if they're trying to get Zidane, they probably had some sort of stunt before

6. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    whoa, 11.5 million is a lot of money - prolly could get s decent Europe-based player for that amount, i think.

7. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    don't forget it's for 5 years though... nevertheless very impressive!

8. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Nah, I don't think it's the contract, but the actual transfer fee paid to the club that currently owns Al-Gahtani, so the length of the contract doesn't matter.

9. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    as I said it's very impressive for being 11.5 for transfer no doubt in that... but now he is in this club for 5 years!! if you read about KSA players even though they have good players they don't get to play in Europe because of their clubs disagreeing with the transfer... now as a good player you would have made the contract shorter making it easy for future moves to bigger clubs!

10. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    yeah, but the transfer fee and the length of the contract aren't related, as the fee is worked out by the clubs involved, and the contract is between the buying club and the player himself. I don't know how things are done in KSA, but if Ittihad really want this player I don't think they'd let the length of the contract get in their way - they can always sign him for a shorter period, and then extend it later.

11. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    I heard Al-Qahtani will get 15 thousand a week if he goes to Ittihad.

12. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes I knew that already :D .... I just pointed out the length as the main problem!

13. SherwinRazmy

SherwinRazmy New Member

Jul 20, 2004
    11.2 million dollars is a lot of $$$ for any Asian club to pay for one player. That is probably the budget of some teams in the IPL.

14. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    Ittihad is one of the richest clubs in Asia (if not THE richest), So I am not suprised...

15. SAUDI

SAUDI New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
    The Saudi market prices make it impossible for Saudis to play in foreign countries. No European team will ever pay as much for yasser al-gahtani :D

16. PersianSaam14

PersianSaam14 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2005
    Dubai
    wow, that must be the most a club has ever paid for an asian player, no? Or was nakata or sum1 bought for more?

17. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--
    I believe this is the biggest transfer in Asian history or I am wrong?

18. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The problem is, Yasser simply doesn't want to go to Ittihad, he wants Hilal, while Al Qadysia wants Yasser to go to Ittihad's offer, so Qadysia is trying to make Hilal raise their offer from around 6 million dollars.

19. A.H.M

A.H.M Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Would love to see him in the blue of Al Hilal.

But seriously, this guy deserves to go to play in Europe.

20. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    man i thougth id open this trhead and see hed move to a european club! has that ever happened b4 to any saudi player btw?

21. Nepal Footy

Nepal Footy New Member

Feb 8, 1999
    Nepal
    It's just incredible the difference between the haves and the have nots in Asian football. The club that I work for in Nepal, our annual budget is around $25,000 (twenty five thousand) a year. That is probably what a Saudi club spends just on toilet paper per year.

It would be interesting to see how much revenue the Gulf clubs bring in. Doubt any of them are balancing their books.

www.mfcnepal.com

22. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    LOOL that cracked me up man thx

23. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittihad and Hilal are the only 'rich' Saudi clubs that most people think about, they are the only teams in KSA that can pay over than 3 million riyals, which is hardly 1 million dollars for a player, Ittihad is a big team in which AlBalwy uses all his money to get players and more players. Their substitute players can beat many top Asian teams, so what about their starters. Hilal is also a big club, but not that crazy over players like AlBalwy, so they spend their money in a better way. AlAhli has enough money to get some small players per year and pay the players contract. AlNasr is going through management and finacial players, and they have a very hard time in paying their players. Same for Shabab but they are better than AlNasr's position. The rest of the clubs can hardly pay a million riyal for players, so the 'rich' Saudi clubs most people think about only apply to Ittihad and Hilal.

24. DemmahoM

DemmahoM Member

Apr 1, 2005
    New Haven CT
    Club:
    --other--

Well said...

25. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Fom what U telling, Ittihad looked like Cheslea of Asia with the same their hack care spending along with hack care if the $ spend is way over the top :D

AlBalwy must be Roman then :D

I am impressive for this is surely a Asian record

As for S-league transfer record still stand at a low S$30000 & it be ages before I ever see such amount spend here if they ever get there