11/17 Attendance Estimate?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Kevin Etzel, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Kevin Etzel

Kevin Etzel Member

Jul 18, 2000
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone heard what attendance is expected? Expected ELS/USA fan percentage breakdown?

2. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Depending on the weather, I would guess around 35K. 5K USA fans and 30K El Salvadoran fans.

Make no mistake, this is just to make money for the USSF. It's up to us USA fans to make chicken salad out of of chicken $h!t.

Sachin

3. Sober Tom

Sober Tom Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Glassboro, South Jer
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're callin for a nor'easter. I'm takin 25K at the most. It should make for a great atmosphere though...we all know what happened during the rains of the MLS cups and All-Star game...

4. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    i am slightly more optimistic than Sachin, i'd say 12 and 30 with good weather and maybe 10-20 with bad.

it was pretty damn disproportionate at the Aquila-United match a couple of weeks ago. of course by the end of the game you could only hear United fans singing.

not matter the attendance breakdown, it'll be all the Red, White and Blue singing at the end.

5. RomaDcUnitedSaoPaulo

Sep 22, 2002
    i hate MetroScum
    as long as i am there.. i dont care about the attendence, but im guessing 30 k

6. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with tame. At this point, there are plenty of good seats left in the lower bowl. That means less than 25k sold and they're calling for rain, chance of sleet this weekend. Not exactly ideal walkup weather.