11/12/03: Here and Back Again

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by GPK, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    The SJ Mercury News article called "A rally rich in good fortune" was one of the best post-game descriptions of a game yet here in the US.

2. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The Merc has good writers . . . What's a shame is that they often don't cover the Quakes.

Course, it's like taking a pound of flesh from Grahme Jones to have him even mention MLS, let alone cover the Galaxy regularly.

3. pasoccerfan

pasoccerfan Member

Mar 7, 2002
    Hershey, PA
    Chicago Press

It really seems like the Chicago papers are talking up the game this week. How is it in the local tv news? Any idea on what the attendance will be like on Friday?

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
  5. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Re: Chicago Press

Local news has been pretty good. The local Fox affiliate covered the game Sunday in great detail, with a reporter shooting a lot of footage at the Barnburner tailgate as well as in Section 8. Don't know when that's airing, though. I would imagine tonight or tomorrow, in advance of Friday's match.

We definitely seem to be benefitting from the taste of success the Cubs had this season, plus the futility of every other Chicago team right now. The city wants a winner more than I think they have in the past.

Estimates for Friday have been anywhere from 15K to 30K to even more than that, but regardless, you can sorta feel the groundswell of support.

Later,
    COZ

6. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Chicago Press

That is awesome. I can't wait to watch and more importantly, hear, such a crowd in Chicago.

7. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Isn't there some sort of standard of journalism that hacks must loosly adhere to? Isn't it usually a requirement to have some base knowledge of a topic before writing an article?

This guy should either change careers or dive head-first into the nearest iced over river. I'm hoping the editors just allowed the submission to be printed to teach him a lesson.