11/1 Howard: ManU - Portsmouth [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Treetaliano, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    People can say what they want about Rio Ferdinand; but the backline of Neville-Ferdinand-O'Shea-Fortune has more often than not proved to be pretty solid this year.

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I wasn't around, had to get out of town to go visit my mother-in-law in hospital. She had an apparent stroke (the doctors there, don't get me started on them, they seem absolutely clueless), and she's doing much better, all things considered.

Nice to know I was missed. :)

I managed to tape the match while I was away this weekend, and while I will watch that tape tomorrow (Monday here), sounds like Timmy could have played another game in a lounge chair, relatively speaking.

But like I said, I have to view the tape, and I'll withhold any further judgements until then.

But it's great to see Howard get another clean sheet.

3. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got done watching the tape, and it appears that my presumptions were right on the money.

Nothing much for Timmy to do, the defence in front of him was very well organised.

And right now, that proverbial "lounge chair" of Howard's is looking quite well-worn, with Howard and United in dire need of some more challenging opposition.

On that note, bring on Rangers in the Champions League midweek (on ESPN2 & ESPN International-Pacific Rim, live).

4. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    How has Howard's organizational game been? Seems like the defense is settling in very well overall.

5. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not sure where you got that " not much to do " comment, He had a great save in the first half when Rio was beat, but here is from the manu site
    http://www.manutd.com/footballnow/matchreport.sps?reportid=2878&iEventID=11039&compid=

Howard - 7
    Steady performance as always. Made a couple of good saves when called upon

6. American40

American40 Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Hmmmm...

Lets see...

*goes back to check the thread...*

Oh, yeah!
    ;)