11/01/04 - My house got egged

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by nyrmetros, Nov 1, 2004.

1. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  3. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  4. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  5. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Dallas Area:
    [/url=http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=13254952&BRD=1426&PAG=461&dept_id=528197&rfi=6]Soccer balls for Iraqi children[/url] - Frisco Enterprise

Michael and Jenni Hardy are attempting to make lives of children in Iraq a little more fun. The couple has started a project of collecting soccer balls to send overseas. Jenni Hardy, who works at State Farm, is asking Frisco residents to help them fill a Frisco ISD school bus full of soccer balls. Michael Hardy works for the FISD transportation department.

The end of November is the deadline and buses will be located at Wal-Mart and Sam's from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. Those wishing to help can also take the balls to the transportation department at 6900 Stadium Lane between 8 a.m.-4 p.m.

Wizards familiar with West final foe - KC Star

Ousted MetroStars looking for veteran leadership - NY Daily News

6. numerista

numerista New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    From the RMN:
    "Rapids head coach Tim Hankinson has a contract that expires this year."

The guy's won one playoff series in seven years as an MLS head coach. They can't serious bring this guy back, can they?

7. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    I sure hope not. This playoffs has probably saved Nicol's hide mostly undeservedly, but at least Hankinson should go.

8. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And ... Nicol is far and away NE's most successful coach. Chew on that for a while.

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Adrulis and Hanki need to go for the good of the world in general. Why Hanki is still there boggles the mind. There are good coaches out there. Hell, Terry Venables (former England coach) is about to take a job in Australia. Why do we need to settle for these guys?

10. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Excellent story about Fabrice Noel. I hope his mother and remaining brother can get out of Haiti and join him here. If he's as good as claimed, I wouldn't mind Metro taking him onboard -- even if he planned to go to college. Get him into St. Johns, perhaps.

11. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, no more sucky American coaches! We need good foreign ones like Carlos Alberto Perreira, Bora Milutinovic, and Carlos Quieroz :D

While you might have a point about Hanii and Andrulis, bringing up El Tel as an option might not be a good idea as he is never able to last anywhere more than a few years.

12. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say that Peter Nowak is quite a good coach. I even think he is the best coach in MLS. And he isn't American. His team (last half of season) is organized, organized, organized and plays physical as well.

13. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    isn't the american at man-city a possibility??

he was in the running for the dc job

14. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he did have a connection with the league, as did Frank Yallop. That's different than CAP, or to an extent, Carlos Quiroz. It really helps to have coaches that can understand the American player, either by being in country awhile or actually playing in the league. Not that helped Thomas Rongen, but hey, he still gets a paycheck.

Admittedly, I doubt Clint Eastwood's point was that we need more big name foreign coaches, it was that some rather unimpressive coaches, sometimes more than once, get hired and/or keep jobs in this league. I just like throwing in the littany of failed MetroCoaches when the quality of MLS coaches is criticized. Maybe it wasn't germain to this particular point, so I stand corrected.

15. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osorio? He's probably not seriously in the running for a head coaching job anywhere. He's a strength and conditioning coach, which is a highly specialized role.

16. Brrca Fan redded

Brrca Fan redded Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    Chasing Tornadoes.
    Bradly is just as bad the rest of MetroStars coaches before him and a fact that no one seems to mention around here. The first year at Fire might have been a lucky stroke for him other then that the team should be looking for a another coach. :(