Pre-match: 10a - Napoli vs Atalanta 2019/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by PrimeDona, Oct 30, 2019.

?

How many pts will Napoli finish on this season?

1. 65

33.3%
  2. 70

16.7%
  3. 75

16.7%
  4. 80+

33.3%
  1. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Honestly ******** CL. ADL thought we would easily finish top 4 and could make money in CL.

We have to finish top 4 or next season we will have to weaken the squad.

PrimeDona repped this.
  2. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Every match is a cup final now. Roma away is now a must win.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  3. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015

Yup. Not sure why he's been playing striker all season. Playing striker has neutralized him. He's always been a winger.

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is a fraud. After what he did today I have had it with him. He needs to go.

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    When you start bad every game becomes important. The pressure rises and decisions like a penalty impact you more.

We have to win at Roma and can no longer afford to drop points. 18 points from 10 games is pathetic.

6. #Vela

#Vela Member+

Jun 25, 2015

What did he do? I missed most of the game.

7. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nothing

He's also had starts on the wing with the same nothing to show for it

Ciro Di Marzio, Sacki and #Vela repped this.
  8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Think about it. For ADL it's a win-win

If they tank, he sells K2 and Fabian for HUGE profits. Either way, ADL will get his.

9. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    6th in the league....utterly dreadful

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We were robbed today. Three clear penalties not given one of which lead to Atalanta’s goal.

Ancelotti got a BS red card and everyone is furious.

An hour after the game Lozano posts a tweet about Nike. That is utterly disrespectful and shows he does not care at all.

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The way Koulibaly is playing I don’t mind. I rather have Manolas and Makismovic play. Koulibaly has become the same headless chicken he was under Benitez. I don’t know whether it was due to Sarri that he became so good. Maybe he needs a rigid system. Have not seen him for his national team.

But you are making a good point. ADL can justify not renewing Callejon and Mertens. Koulibaly and Fabian will be sold.

Ancelotti will leave but will be replaced by a cheap coach and wage bill comes down.

It will be the start of a new project and people will be asked to be patient for another 5 years.

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I won’t sleep tonight. I am just disgusted by the whole thing.

We knew ADL is a piece of shit and motivation of players would drop after not winning the league with Sarri and the disappointments of last season.

The league continues to be a joke.

Ancelotti has utterly disappointed so far.

We really need to come together and do something serious. When we dis not qualify for CL under Benitez it was fine. We could keep our players. Just couldn’t buy anyone.

But this time we will have to sell.

13. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I will not accept a shit coach, get Pochettino this is surely his last season at Tottenham

14. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Could be 7th by the end of the weekend. Scary thing is we've still got Inter away, Atalanta away, Juve at home, and Lazio games to come. I'm seriously concerned about top 4.

15. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t rate Pochettino. Tottenham is all over the place.

That is the problem. Not many good coaches out there.

16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I also think it will be hard

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Do you think he posted it? Isn't it just his account? Or maybe it's in his contract with Nike?

At this point, I just wanna see Lozano fight and get stuck in. I'm sure once he builds up his strength to a Seria A level, he will be decent.

Mertens took long to adjust too.

But we paid for immediate success, so I understand and share the frustration

Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's hard to get points when both Mario Rui and apparently Ghoulam now too have been injured for 2 months.

Most of our play go down that side, and they are both terrific left-backs when in form

Di Lorenzo and Luperto are just nowhere near their level

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Lorenzo on right looks good. Luperto needs to go. He caused the Allan injury too.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The team is a mess and now is the time for everyone to unite. We need a top 4 finish and it is worrying.

Can’t focus on work I am so p off.

21. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    1189635827334299657 is not a valid tweet id

As I see it Llorente's is a useless clown and it was a free-kick to Kjaer.
    We should've scored more and defended better. K2 is at fault for the first goal and Maksimovic is at fault for the second. And Milik once again missed an open goal because he is soooooo clumsy... he even missed an open header just before that. Callejon as always useless when alone with the keeper.

Probs to Insigne he played a good game and looks like he is slowly regaining form, not his fault his teammates aren't finishing it - we can't keep blaming Lorenzo

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The problem is that many now blame the league. Refereeing is poor but we are not in a title race for them to screw us on purpose.

Anyway we have to win at Roma. Every game is like a cup final.

23. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think that some people here are too harsh, but in the end I can finally find a portion of common ground with them. We can't blame Carlo or the players for this draw. However, with this draw all of our previous failures weigh much more. The season is probably over not in November or December, but in October. Koulibaly said that we will win the title this year, so maybe we have been planning to kill everyone in SA and steal the trophy. ;)

Anyway, the morale of our group has probably descended into a pit of despair, and now in it we shall be trapped in a paroxysm of shame and incompetence. Hopefully, it will not happen, but whether it does or does not I can hardly see us climbing the table now, as we have neither improved concerning our performances against the smaller teams, nor those against the bigger ones, at least not in SA so far.

The best thing to do now will be to concentrate on the CHL, and play freely and lightly in the league, for maybe that's what we need the most.

The bottom line of this all is that a big club has to produce at least some performances, and as we had been waiting up to yesterday's game, forgiving all blunders to those millionaires, we failed to win again, and considering the past performances it's a problem of absolute immensity. I remember Juve being this many points down a few seasons ago, or a similar number, and they managed to climb up and get up there. Sadly, I can hardly say such a possibility with regard to us. We do not have that grit, to win the games by hook or by crook.

DL's interview was fun. Whether one agrees or not, he does have balls. But as he himself predicted, by Monday everything will be forgotten. However, we can hardly complain about that as we won the game against Fiorentina thaks to a dive, and if I remember correctly, the one against Liverpool as well.
    So any and all complaints are and will be an an act of hypocrisy, unless they are aimed at the big picture, and not only our misfortunes.

24. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too many people focusing on the penalty decision when the game should’ve been put to bed in the first half - this is what has been killing us this season not the referees.

I watch Juve and Inter this season, and more often than not they are quite poor, but both clubs know how to get a result. We huff and puff, create a bunch of chances but can’t finish our dinner. It gives the opposition confidence too when we miss sitter after sitter

25. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’ve been fairly happy with Di Lorenzo but Luperto is just average....if he wasn’t from our youth team he’d be playing for Spal

Sacki repped this.