100000th fan!!!

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by scorpio81, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. he(a)rtha

he(a)rtha New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Berlin
    she has signed a membership, she isnt " just " a fan :)

3. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering how do you become an official supporter of FCB, is it more like a fan club, what do you have to do, and what can you do once you are in? How much does it cost? Do you get a certificate or something after joining? Please inform. Vielen Dank! :D

4. SuperBayern

SuperBayern New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Seattle, WA, USA
    To become a "member", you have to fill out a form from the FC Bayern website (copy and paste this link: http://www.fcbayern.t-com.de/de/verein/mitglied/index.php?fcb_sid=SESSIONID) and mail it in with payment. Since I live in the USA, I paid via credit card. I pay 25 EUR a year for membership since I'm 19. It's 25 EUR for anyone under 26 and for seniors over 60 or 65 (I forget the exact ages -- it's on the website), and it's 50 EUR a year for people between 26-60. One has to pay a one-time fee to join (I think it's only 3 EUR). What you get with membership is a membership card with your name, membership number, Bayern logo, date you became a member, etc. (it's pretty cool) every year; every Bayern Magazine for the year delivered to your home, anywhere in the world (this is by far the best reason to become a member -- the magazines are published and sold in Munich for every home game, so there are 17 in all, each with a normal cost of 1,25 EUR (factor in shipping, and I think it's well worth it)); and if you want tickets to matches, members get priority (you used to HAVE to be a member if you wanted to stand in the Suedkurve or wanted season-tickets -- Bayern lifted at least the latter restriction when we moved to Allianz Arena).

The only problem is that one can only become a member on either 1 July or 1 January (you can send in your application now, though, I'm pretty sure -- when in doubt, send FCB an e-mail from their website in either english or german and they'll help you out, or you can give them a call), so you'll have to patiently wait if you want to become a member. Hope this helps, and I hope you become a Bayern member!

5. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know what clubs all over europe have the largest fan bases and how does Bayern rank or compare to them? Just think it would be interesting to look at the numbers. I am sure Man U is at the top, and am sure Real, Barca, Liverpool, and Juventus also have strong fanbases. :D If anyone can find the numbers it would be much appreciated. Vielen Dank! :cool:

6. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know if you can by stock of Bayern, is it on the Dax? Just wondering if there is club stock on the market like other clubs in Europe. I am not trying to be like that dousche Glazier, but I would think it would be cool owning part of Bayern :D . If I had the money though I would try to buy all Bayern. Probably not going to happen. :(

7. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    I now don't have the time to search but Barca has the most fans followed by Bayern.

8. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    On the stock there isn't much to win. So Bayern doesn't do it.

9. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Actually Bayern is a stock company, but a non public.

There is the traditional FC Bayern e.V. which is the public sports club with many divisions in different sports and about 100.000 members and the FC Bayern AG that operates the pro football teams.
    The stocks of this AG are owned by the FC Bayern e.V 90% and Adidas 10%. But Adidas is not allowed to trade their share to anybody else. It´s more a case of a creative use of german tax laws to handle the 75 mio. DM that adidas payed as a financial base for the new stadium and a sign of the depth of the partnership with the eldest sponsor.

10. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So do you know what you would have to do to get a hold of one. I just want to buy one to plaque or frame or something. Would I have to go through an EV sight or AG? What would I have to go to look at it? I think it would be cool as h@ll to own a piece or be a member!! :D

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess thats why we'll never see the ugly nike jerseys with this club :D

12. herewego

herewego Member

Jun 1, 2004
    To get a membership is no big problem, I think the procedure can be found on the FC Bayern homepage.

To get stocks is impossible until Bayern would decide to go on public stock exchange but that is not expected. Maybe one time they sell another 10% to a big company when they get problems and need cash, but that´s unlikely because they have a top management and never neeed cash from outside.