100% Werder Bremen thread (part IV) [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i hope these personal problems continue. He is definite not a class guy. KATS will probably want more than 15 mio from bayern. Bayern bought van buyten for close to 11mio, Klose was after all the topscorer in the WC.

But i don't care where we sell him. I don't want to see him in the green-white again, and i wish him a bad career with many whistles.

Agree 100% that KATS will have someone ready. I hope for Huntelaar :) (probably not very possible, but still a good thought)

like many people i first thought wiese and weidenfeller would be the next top 2 for germany. I still think it will be like that... weidenfeller probably #1, wiese 2.. hopefully right after the euro. He's a good keeper with very good reflex, but sometimes he tries to do too much. This won't be a problem in the next 2 years when he plays more and more.

2. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    i dont wish Klose a bad future at all, but i sure dont want him in a green and white shirt next year....its amazing what one season of turmoil will do to your image isnt it?

I just say get 15 or so mio for him and buy someone who wont flake out on us when we need him!!

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't think Klose has "flaked out." Of course, none of us knows what goes on in the locker room, but I think that locker room just is not big enough for Klose and Torsten Frings.

I don't think Klose has a problem with anyone or anything else in Bremen. I truly believe Torsten Frings is driving him away.

Why do you guys think Frings extended all of a sudden when it began to look like Klose would be going??

I know you guys would love to think that it's some great love for Werder, but I think it is because they decided Frings would be "the man".

Frings will drive Diego away next. Like I told you guys before, he pulled the same shit at Dortmund and Bayern.

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How likely do you think that what you said is true footyfan, putting aside what happened in dortmund?

If you're right, then it's not good for the NT.

5. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    i dont think anyone would let Frings drive Diego away....i would much rather sell Frings than Diego. Diego is the new shit and Frings is almost finished..

But the reason i am glad for Klose's departure is strictly because i believe he failed us when we needed him most...during the Uefa cup run, he was off with his head in the clouds secretely meeting with Bayern. When we needed 3 goals against Espanyol he decided he was going to dive instead of play. He completely lost his form during the entire 2nd half of the season. Sometimes he actually looked like he was hurting us rather than helping.

6. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    frings is hardly "finished".

in the NT, him and schneider are the 2 players I'd least want injured for a game.

7. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Lutscher had a very cool press conference today where he said that he's glad that Klose finally said something even though it was against him on a personal level. He also said that all he said was that he thinks it doesn't make a lot of sense for Klose to stay in Bremen if he doesn't want to stay (for whatever reason).

Bremen is very fortunate to have Frings and I like a player who used to play for Bayern and regrets it much better than a neurotic player who wants to play for Bayern (for whatever reason).

To speculate that Frings and Diego have/will have problems is pretty farfetched especially for someone who doesn't have insider information.

8. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sheesh what the hell is going on. Frings has a press conference in a germany uniform, talking about his germany teammate. Why is frings acting like the first he heard of what klose said was from klose's interview? Can't klose go and tell him first?

9. Aran

Aran New Member

May 25, 2007
    Do you really think that the best player of your team is "finished"?

10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    This goes a bit far.
    If one take such things into discussion,
    one could also argue, that the reason, why he wasn´t going to Juve
    was, that Deschamps didn´t stay there. :rolleyes:

But both is pure speculation.
    The Klose rumours became public before the speculations came up,
    that Frings could go to Juve and many months before
    Frings extension at Bremen.

So i see no coincidence here.
    I agree with you, that Lutscher is no easy person,
    he aligns his opinion with the public opinion very often,
    (in German: er richtet sein Fähnchen nach dem Wind)
    well, that´s another story. :rolleyes:

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I gave you my opinion on the situation. You don't have to agree or like it.

I'm not looking for your approval.

Guys, go back and read what some of you were saying when Frings was threatening to go to Juventus and see what you're saying now.

Talk about doing a 180.

But that's what we fans do, isn't it? :)

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Same thing I told EE. I gave my opinion. I wasn't looking for your agreement or approval.

13. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    haha yes i remember.

but when he's on the side of werder who can blame him? :D

"werder is a matter of the heart" and this with klose. Lutscher is one crazy guy

14. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    in other news werder gets nico Pellatz from Hertha for free. He will take the #3 spot in goal

15. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    well i shouldnt have said finished, hes got a few more years in him at least...what i meant to say was that Diego is still very young and very early into his career

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Huh, i compared with you at many points.

For me Frings is no easy player, too, as i wrote in the post.
    I just have another opinion on the reasons, why he stayed at Werder.
    IMHO it has to do with a good contract offer and with his family,
    the kids start school, so it was good not to take them
    out of their social enviroment.

17. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got what you were saying. I just don't agree. I think Frings was totally prepared to leave.

I know he loves his family and they come first. That part I totally believe.

But I also feel had Werder come to some positive conclusion with Klose, Frings would be gone.

Frings wants to be on a team that he is "The Man" on. He pretty much came out and said it when he revealed the Juve rumors.

I just feel you guys really don't see how much being "The Man" means to him.

I've seen it. And I feel it's going to hurt you guys in the future.

Again, you don't have to agree and I don't begrudge you for typing your disagreement. But just know that I'm not looking for your approval. It is just my opinion and judging by his past at Dortmund and Bayern, I don't see where it is so far-fetched.

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost new thread time! :D

19. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1) If his family does come first, doesn't that mean he should stay in bremen no matter what? (Assuming that the best place for his family is bremen)

2) Did he not say that juventus told him that he'd be "the main playmaker, not just another midfielder"?

20. Moshuluu121

Moshuluu121 New Member

May 19, 2007
    USA
    Tuesday July 17...Werder Bremen vs. Liverpool

I can't wait

Then Bayern four days later

21. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    What does being the man even mean?

And why would klose be in his way?

He never even wanted to be the leader of anything so he wouldn’t be in frings’ way.

Since he’s been back with werder he’s never been the man even in their midfield. They had micoud and now they have diego.

He hasn’t demonstrated that he has a problem with that. He has his role and plays it superbly. That’s about it.

22. carl_os

carl_os New Member

Jun 4, 2007
    VIENNA/AUSTRIA
    apropos "the man".. what do you think - will allofs after 3 years of rumors fix the carlos alberto (off. midfield, CL winner 05, Brasileirao w. Corinthians, stress with trainer and now at fluminense) deal. "HSV would not have any chance if Bremen wants him", says Allofs... ?

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Top dog.

Until the Bayern thing came up, Klose was being viewed as the top player on the team. Or him and Diego.

He f#cking runs his mouth about the others when he doesn't need to either. Did it a lot of the season. Went after both Klose and Diego. Where have you been??

And when the Juve rumors came out Frings said flat out, he would be "the man" in their midfield. The playmaker. He made it clear that is what was attractive to him.

24. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    although i agree that lutscher has a problem if he is not "the man", and he was having little problems with diego early in the season, but Klose doesn't seem like he likes too much attention...i don't think he minds too much not being "the man"

25. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC