100% Werder Bremen thread (part IV) [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Diego scores his first goal for Brazil in the 92nd minute in the England international friendly, to tie the game 1-1:D :)

2. DJ2492

DJ2492 Red Card

May 27, 2007
    California
    I was so happy for him.

3. Little fairy

Little fairy New Member

Aug 28, 2006
    Essen,Germany
    I really love Diego for that, cuz now our chances are quite big to be the last in the old and the first team in new wembley beating england. Great :cool: :D

4. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    i just hope he stays one more year with us!!!:cool:

5. DJ2492

DJ2492 Red Card

May 27, 2007
    California
    Lol Diego shoulda started.

6. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just one more year?? ha, ha KATS would never sell him this summer. i hope he stays for 5 more years.

7. Moshuluu121

Moshuluu121 New Member

May 19, 2007
    USA
    Diego's contract is 4 years, so Bremen should get two more seasons out of him before they have to consider selling him. However, you never know what a club like Man U, Chelsea, Barcelona, etc. offer Bremen if he keeps his form from this past season

Diego is a great player and I want him around as much as you guys do, but Klaus Allofs is a smart man and if he starts hearing offers around 20 million euros (which the big clubs can afford no problem), Diego might be leaving sooner. Let's just hope that somehow Bremen can convince Diego to stay. A Bundesliga title and a good Champions League run would help...

8. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was actually hoping that it'd be a 0-0 draw so that Michael Ballack (because of the abuse he gets in the english press) can be the first player to score at Wembley, and Germany the first team to win.

Do they rename it to "Wembleystadion" if we win, considering the result of the last game at the old wembley too? :D. Or maybe "The Hammann/Klose Stadium", if Klose scores first at the new stadium.

I love diego though, he is one of my favourite current players, and Bremen MUST keep him above all other players. He doesn't seem like the type who would jump ship if a "big" club came calling - in the sense that he values the home and family he has in bremen more (his first settled environment in europe) - so I think he will extend beyond his 4 year contract. I also think that Bremen can make a big splash in europe in the next couple of seasons and win the bundesliga too.

9. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    i had heard rumors of Real Madrid seeking him....thats what made me worry. His good friend Robinho plays there and if Real offered him a starting position at a top tier european team.....he might be willing to sign on with them..

10. WerderThaiger

WerderThaiger New Member

May 8, 2007
    Maybe we should try to sign Robinho instead. His contract runs out in 2010. Perhaps we can have Diego, Robinho, Naldo and Carlos Alberto then. That means we'd have half the Brazilian and half the German national team. Not bad indeed! :D

I really hope Diego doesn't leave us too soon. But chances are many big clubs in Europe will be after him if we do too well in the Champions League.

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    About 20 million € Allofs would simply laught,
    look at the quality, the potential and the age Diego has.

I also hope, that he stays, best way is, if KATS keep continuing
    stregthening the squad like they did it within the last years.
    What is needed are no superstars, but to bring more depth into the team
    and improve it at some weak points.

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    He has other problems than transfer rumours (but that´s his private thing),
    all i hope is, that a good solution for Miro and Werder will be found.

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Diego better not leave for another 4-5 seasons!!!

He'll be a prat if he does (and I don't think he is one).

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't talking about the transfer rumors either. I think that's the reason for his lack of form and wanting away from Bremen.

16. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Do you really think he'll stay in Bremen for another 4 seasons???
    Prepare to get disappointed! :eek:

The way the average salary is rising in the EPL, we'll see much more, even average BL players leaving.

17. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Hey, you're a hannover fan, so that's what i'd expect you to say ;)

I think diego should stay. I know salaries are higher in the EPL and the clubs are much richer from top of the league to the bottom, but players can value other things more than money (not like he is not getting paid more than enough to live a comfortable lifestyle already anyway,in a normal person's terms).

I can honestly see diego going onto become a bremen legend. A player who loves the place and the place loves him back. It's his first succesful home in europe after all.

Bremen are a strong club anyway in european terms, IMO.

18. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    get rid of Klose, who wants a player who wont put out for your team and who obviously doesnt want to be there...since hes going to go to Bayern on a free transfer after this season anyway, make some money off of him now and sell him!

19. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't believe it is a given that Klose is going to Bayern. I think that is what Bayern and the press wants you to believe....

20. saelevena

saelevena New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    bayern? puh-lease. :rolleyes:

21. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Yes, i also think so. If some of the rumours are really true,
    i can understand him, even if he moves to Bayern.

Good point, we all know how it works.

You can see at many deals, that good players go to average EPL teams,
    because of salary and the fact, that they are playing in the Premierleague,
    but as squidward already said, that´s not everything.

With Werder he has the chance to play UEFA competitions every season,
    (don´t know, what the future will bring, but currently the chances look good). The city is nice, he gave a lot to get a good position in the team hirarchie (at a new team he starts at 0), he will have the chance to play in the new stadium, he has friends in the team (ok, this may be a soft reason,
    but don´t underestimate it, it decides at some players, if they perform or not), ...

That he will leave sometimes is clear, but i see the chance,
    that he stays a while and then propably go to a big Spanish team.

22. Moshuluu121

Moshuluu121 New Member

May 19, 2007
    USA
    Anyone know when the bundesliga 07/08 schedule comes out?

And how about Bremen vs. Bayern in the quarterfinals of the Premiere Liga Pokal. I can't wait for that game. What do you think the chances are that Klose is wearing a Bayern shirt?

23. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern fans are taking the klose to bayern thing for granted. I bet he goes to barcelona like footyfan's been saying.

I think that even with the new transfers, bremen will finish higher than bayern next year.

24. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Pretty big imo.

I think if Klose just wanted to leave he would be gone already.
    He wants to go to Bayern and understandably Bremen does not want to sell him because they too want to win the league and no matter how much money they would get from Bayern selling the Bundesliga's best striker to a direct rival is bad news.
    It seems though that they are beginning to understand how bad it would be to keep an unhappy Klose. The past months have shown that Klose is almost useless in the mental condition he is right now and it also will be unhealthy for the whole team.
    The current Frings - Klose comments prove that.

I think in the end Bremen will unfortunately have to sell Klose to Bayern unless they can't persuade him to join a club abroad.

25. Moshuluu121

Moshuluu121 New Member

May 19, 2007
    USA
    I agree that selling Klose to a league rival is not the ideal situation, but even with Klose scoring goals for Bayern I still think Bremen has an excellent chance to win the title next year. It's just a matter of consistency. Not to mention Klaus Allofs WILL find a great player with the 12-15 million euros Bayern is offering

Also, I've been wondering lately why Tim Wiese doesn't get any respect from the national team. Any chance we see him playing for Germany one day?