100% Werder Bremen thread 06/07 (part 3) [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by "Eisenfuß" Eilts, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think they Nike is going after Bremen because Dortmund isn't selling as many shirts internationally these days...it would be a good pick up for Nike because Bremen would definitely be making them money as the Germany "representative" to the world

in many shops you can find nike and adidas kits, everything else is much tougher to find in the USA...so if they go nike there is a much better chance of more being sold since they will be more available to the public

its nice that you compare Bremen to the likes of Inter, Juve, Barca, Arsenal, Valencia, and don't forget ManU...but the fact is Bremen won't be making nearly as much as those other clubs, not nearly as much respect even though bremen proved how good they were this Champions League and the past few years!

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Trust me. This is more about beating Adidas to the next "Bayern Challenger" and the next German team to make noise internationally than it is anything about Dortmund not selling internationally.

Nike still makes plenty off Dortmund in domestic sales.

Even when Dortmund was winning titles in the 90's, we weren't a big international seller and in the early 2000s when we were in Europe again, we weren't with Nike.

This is Bremen earning this type of respect on their own merit. It has nothing to do with Dortmund.

3. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    i agree, it would be great to see Bremen sign with nike, that way we can actually get shirts without paying an arm and a leg in shipping!!!

4. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats how i'd look at it if i was a bremen fan

5. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    I just prefer the one that makes the higher bid. If Werder would get the same amount of money from either company I'd be pro Kappa because they have more of that rebel-attitude even though Kappa was probably responsible for the orange (but i have to admit i own a pink kappa jersey from our #18 from last season).

but the availability could also be a factor. If you go to a random sports-clothing store here in Heidelberg you won't find any Werder jerseys but plenty of Bayern-, Schalke-, Milan-, Barca- and all kinds of national-team jerseys

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    That just knocks me out. With Nike, they would probably get a better distributor. No?

7. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    arrgh no way, Kappa RULES! especially the Werder kits!!

KEEP WERDER IN KAPPA

8. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    I like the kappa shirts, BUT i agree they are the reason that they arent available anywhere but the club shop and online. AND they run about 25 bucks more expensive than a nike shirt...

9. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    great news...the Stuttgart/Bremen match will be shown LIVE on GolTV this weekend...i can't wait to watch another great Bundesliga matchup

10. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nike is coming to the right team. We hate Schalke and Bayern (Adidas's main german teams)

11. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Tell me how for when I get back. I lived in San Antonio from April 2003 to April 2006 and while one of Nike's replica distributors was right in the city, I could not find a Hertha BSC or 2005-06 BVB replica anywhere.

They had the big sellers like Man U., Barca, Brazil, etc., but neither of their German clients.....

12. messias

messias New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Caxias do Sul
    Hi guys!

Nike really has interest in Werder or it's just a rumor?

I like Kappa's kits, and here in Brazil they are cheaper than Nike, adidas or Puma. You can take one by R$ 70,00 while a nike or adidas t-shirts are around R$ 150,00.

P.S.: U$ 1,00 ~= R$ 2,15

13. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it could also be because some of the kits MAYBE made in south america...so it would be much more affordable for you because it costs the stores less to fill their shops with shirts made nearby, than to order kits from Portugal (adidas used to make kits there) and wherever Nike makes theres (probably Asia)

14. messias

messias New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Caxias do Sul
    Nooooo. The imported kits are absurdly expensive, more than R$ 200,00.. R$ 300,00. Nike, Adidas, Puma, all this companies have affiliated factories in South America, but their kits are expenive anyway.

15. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ah, i didn't know how that worked down there...all i know is now of my kits are made in the USA so i have no clue, because i buy them all online

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Enough of this Nike talk, here are real great news. ;)

Interesting project, hope the girls show "Joga bonito",
    i keep my fingers crossed for them. :)

17. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    0:2 vs. Schalke
    1:4 vs. Stuttgart

Choke job?

18. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Mmh, perhaps we should let the girls play.

19. kemgooner

kemgooner New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Connecticut
    :( That was a very disappointing match to watch

20. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe Bremen is destined to win the title...we won it last year and lost to Hamburg twice i believe...and Bremen once so its not like we beat the best clubs and still won it all

21. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    well i think we just didnt capitalize on our opportunities and they did. Simple as that. We had probably 5 chances in the second half alone where we SHOULD have scored, not could have, SHOULD have. They had a couple and they scored on them. I still believed we played well (minus Wome, hes on a pretty bad streak if you notice)

I still have faith that we can win the title, we just need to work on putting the ball in the net on our chances

22. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    I think Werder would look good in Reebooks, preferably the red ones Bolton wears.

23. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hahahahahahaha...is this a joke?

24. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like werder's current uniforms a lot.

both the home and away kits.

they're orignial and have an old-school sort of touch to them.

25. The Liquidator

May 22, 2006
    Tigres UANL---Dynamo
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    100% Agree! Current Werder Kappa home and away are the best kit designs in the world