100% Werder Bremen thread 06/07 (part 3) [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by "Eisenfuß" Eilts, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this match is a complete clobbering of Leverkusen. Bremen should be up atleast 2-0. its been an all out onslaught, Leverkusen has had a few chances but Barbarez is definitely not playing well at all...good ball from Borowski to Klose

2. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well you can't be 2-0 up if you can't finish.

whats the score right now? all the illegal tv sites are not loading

3. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    0:2 Almeida

we'll win this match

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i just feel sorry for schneider everytime leverkusen gets beat.

anyway who set up the 2nd goal?

5. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Well two posts for Leverkusen really sucks, i know if it had been us, i would have been furious!

I was already mad because RIGHT before Almeida's goal the channel went down at my GF's house (i found out she has Goltv) and when it finally came back on, Almeida had scored!!!:mad:

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well it was an impressive first half showing for Werder Bremen...they flat out took it to Leverkusen. but then things started to die down about half way through the second half and then Leverkusen started to have some attempts. Overall it was a pretty good game, if only there was a little bit better finishing it would of lived up to its billing

now i can't wait til sunday Bremen vs Schalke!!!

8. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    How do you all rate Hugo Almeida, hes basically Portugals only hope as striker!

Werder have been one of the top teams in europe this season, you were just unlucky to be placed in the group of death in the CL.

You'll be in the final four of the Uefa cup for sure.

9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, I kept a close eye on Leon Andreasen last night against BVB. Shit, you might have a successor for Torsten Frings already.

I was totally impressed by Andreasen.

How does Allofs do it?? :D

10. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    well we lose...looks like playing without Frings really was a big deal. I cant believe we lost to Schalke. that game was ours:mad:

11. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lovenkrands was on fire today...he almost lit you guys up for a hat trick

at first it looked like Bremen was going to win it just because of the all out attacks but nothing seem to come from it. i watched the entire match all 90 minutes of it on GolTV live. I think Borowski seemed to be the weakest link in the mid field whether u want to hear it or not in todays match. He took shots whenever he wanted to with other players open in front of him such as Diego and later on Rosenburg. ALSO there was a nice pass by Diego on the ground across the field from the right flank towards the middle just outside the 18 that Borowski should of drilled but he let it go by because he thought there was someone else coming to strike it...another wasted opportunity

i think that Klose offside call was bullsh!t...he was onside and if that linesman didn't fock it up that would of been one solid tally for you guys...outside of that i didnt see too many more opportunities. "Scheisse 04" played some good defense today...and like i said Lovenkrands was just feeling it today

12. krelmatrix

krelmatrix Member+

Oct 25, 2006
    Leipzig, Germany
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eek, that was not a fun game to watch!

I agree that Borowski was crap tonight....one of the worst performances I've seen from him. Our attack just never seemed to get enough flow to actually be dangerous.

And despite my Werder loyalties, I will admit that Naldo's takedown of Kuryani looked like an obvious penalty...we were all amazed that the ref didn't call it. :eek: Looks like he's getting added to my christmas card list....

I think we can just chalk this one up to an "off" night. Schalke will still falter at some point, and Werder will be there to hop right back ahead in the table. I've got a running bet with a co-worker who is a die-hard Bayern fan involving one of us buying the other a schwinshaxe depending on whether Werder or Bayern is champion this season, and I don't want to miss out on my free dinner because '04 ends up on top. :D

13. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nasty game with really bad diving by both teams. Agreed, Borowski was horrible, but he's really not the player Werder expected him to be today.

Still, maybe the ref should have taken control of the overly physical play by both teams, but especially could have stopped the mugging Diego and Klose took in the second half.

Gotta lay some blame on Werder constantly expecting the whistle which broke up the flow, when it was quite obvious that calls weren't going to come.

Maybe the ref should have told both teams before the game to hammer each other, since he wasn't going to call anything. Bad ref choice for the league in what could have been a Bundesliga signature game instead of the mug-fest it was. Pretty nice goal by Lövenkrands, though...

14. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i forgot all about Naldo grabbing Kuranyi and pulling him down by the collar...i still can't believe the linesman didnt see that from his side angle a jersey being pulled from the neck area

15. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    yep off night for us....but i agree, Werder overall is better than Schalke and they will be right there to jump back on top soon

16. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Borowski and Rosenberg didn't play together.
    I think Boro was actually one of the better midfielders in the first half and then really didn't play well in the second.

17. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea...your right, i forgot the manager made all 3 substitutions in the 64th minute...my bad

18.   ²

² New Member

Aug 10, 2006
    South Africa
    Seems like Nike want to sponsor Bremen from 2009 when the Kappa deal expires, but 1 million is a little low no?

19. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    where did you hear that? I heard 2.5 million p.a.

20. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I only read about it today. Kicker speculates that such a deal could keep Klose in Bremen.

As far as the match yesterday, I hate to say it more than most, but Schalke looked like champions. They did get a little more help from Fandel (Kicker rating "6", the worst you can get), but overall, Schalke were better.

I think you guys missed Frings more as a calming influence than anything.

Usually, I'd say one player would not have made the difference, but in this case, I think he just might have.

21. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Kappa pays 2 Mio currently. The press is speculating that Nike would pay between 3-4 Mio.

22. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hopefully Nike will be through this sh!tty retro phase with their kits by then :p

23. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Amen to that, but I have to mention how Adidas totally ruined the MLS uniforms. Too bad they're giving the league all that money...

24. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nike kits would be really cool. It's cool to be recognized as a big club in Europe by a company like Nike... this could even improve our marketing. We will be their German target like Inter, Juve, Barca, Arsenal, Valencia i guess.