100% Werder Bremen thread 06/07 (part 2) [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  3. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    I dont see why everyone is talking about how unreachable this is. before the games commenced everyone had already decided Werder's fate! They are making amazing headlines, espn.com FRONT PAGE "Bremen leapfrog Barcelona". Im tellin you guys, the green/whites are putting up so much of a fight that they have a REAL chance to move on. if Bremen tie Chelsea and Barcelona destroy Levski that makes it even, and then they get another showdown with Barca. Sure it sounds menacing, but im telling you, Chelsea and Barca arent looking at Werder as an easy three points. they have more than proven that they are a force to be reckoned with and are capable of beating either of them. Basically, we have to get a win and a tie, to either one

4. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Of course they have a chance.

But what chance do you have Barca losing or tying to Levski. Practically zero (and I am being very nice here to Levski). What chance does Werder have of beating Chelsea...decent, but I still favor Chelsea. Even if Werder do win, they will have the very daunting task of trying to tie or defeat Barcelona AT BARCELONA. And you better believe Barcelona will be fighting their asses off. So will Werder, but...gosh I really dunno how Werder can pull it off, but it is possible, and like I said, if Klose and Diego are in top form, it is certainly a good possibility.

This is just the best possible scenario too. What if Chelsea beat Werder (which is also a good possibility). It leaves Werder a near impossible task of winning at the Nou Camp :(

5. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    If Chelsea beat Werder that doesnt condem Werder to death (of course Barca will beat Levski). all that matters is how Werder bounce back and perform at Camp Nou. so we will have to see, but i have to say, i like our chances

6. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we are still underdogs but i will believe in my team to the end.

7. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Good news for Werder, Lampard is out for the next game

8. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    verrrrrrrry good news

9. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't think that lampard being out is good news.

It's bad news because he hinders their midfield in my opinion. They can actually play a better player off the bench now.

ANYWAY :) back on topic..

hertha you said that klose has to show he is one of the best in the world if bremen are to take the next step up...

are you saying klose isn't one of the best in the world, or, that he is one of the best in the world, and needs to show some of that kind of form?

10. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    I have a question on Klose:

I assume that he will leave for a foreign league after this season. Do you have someone in the ranks to replace him, or will you go out and purchase someone to fill the void he will leave?

11. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    we will probably pick someone else up...it would just be too big of a hole to fill.

12. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Perhaps, but regardless he is a scoring threat (just look at what he did today, fantastic goal, plus he played a lot better IMHO than Ballack did).

I think he has to become the world star that he is. He needs to show his imperious form that makes him such a special player. He has been active and dangerous, but he just hasn't scored, and I think a part of the reason why is that the scoring is spread around. But IMHO, for Werder to advance, Miro has to put in 2 world-class performances. Then he will get the recognition he deserves, but more importantly, give Werder Bremen a ticket to the round of 16.

Am I putting a lot of pressure on him? Probably. But World Class stars rise up to the occasion. I have confidence in Miro that he will do it, and I have confidence in Werder :) (even if my posts previously have been negative).

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Actually Werder have two striker holes to fill, because Klasnic may leave the club on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Aaron Hunt and Mohamed Zidan are great players, but I don't expect both to shoulder the load. Maybe they'll buy Hugo Almeida, the on-loan Portuguese striker from Porto, but it remains to be seen whether Porto want to sell him.

my tip actually is that Miro Klose STAYS at Werder Bremen :cool:

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hehe, hertha from your post i can't exactly figure out the answer to what i asked...

so you think klose is one of the best in the world, and just needs to show that to help bremen to advance?

but you DO think that he is one of the best in the world, because he is capable of such form, am i right?

15. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Mmm thought I did, but maybe you missed it. ;)

I said Klose needs to find his "imperious form"...so yes he is world class and is capable of such form.

16. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    sorry, hehe

yeah i think that he will stay too at werder. Actually, i don't really care as long as he plays well for germany.

"He has been active and dangerous, but he just hasn't scored, and I think a part of the reason why is that the scoring is spread around. But IMHO, for Werder to advance, Miro has to put in 2 world-class performances."

About that bit, i'm happy if he is active and dangerous. Whether this means he scores goals

or he sets up others or has great off the ball and general play, and this leads to others scoring goals, it's all fine with me.

like look at the goals he has been setting up for podolski, and for other bremen guys in the bundesliga..

17. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    basically, a world class performance like you said.

whether this mean goals from him, or setting up goals from him, or excellent general play...

(hence recently i think his performances have been as good as normal. he has been excellent off the ball, and has set up chances.)

18. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually Bremen can decide on their own if they want to keep Hugo, they'd have to pay €4M. That seems a bit much for the current 4th or even 5th striker on their team.

As for the possible Klose replacement, I think they will look for a promising German striker from smaller clubs. Schlaudraff and Helmes for example who've already been linked with them.

19. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yea but think about it, if Klose is going to get sold, he will command 20 million euro + (or at least 15 million).

Schlaudraff is rated at ~2.5 million euros at the moment, and could be worth up to 5 million if he continues his good form
    Helmes might be the same, but I even think Aaron Hunt is better. Either way they are getting one of them but not both IMHO.

That leaves ~10-15 million euro+ whatever Werder woudl want to add on. They have to add someone. If they don't keep Klose (which I still think they will), I think maybe someone like Trezeguet, Huntelaar, Pizarro, even Saviola can have a good chance.

20. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schlaudraff can leave Aachen for €1,2M next summer that's why every German top club except Bayern is interested in him.

They would probably want to add another experienced striker but the likes of Pizarro, Huntelaar or Trezeguet would cost too much and would f*ck up their payroll. That's what happened to Hamburg. They made de Jong, a really average player, their highest earner and in recent months all the other players wanted more money.

One could say anyone looks good next to Klose (like Poldi :( ) but he's really improved this season. I'd love to see him getting called up to the nt actually. He's surely better than Hanke and Neuville.

21. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Oh yea, i've seemed to forgot about the escape clause...

Well, if I were Werder Bremen, I'd make #1,#2,#3 priority be Klose. But that is for the end of season, Werder have to take care of business right now.

22. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i thought helmes was the best striker for the u21's?

that means better than hunt doesn't it?

i think bremen will keep klose, but either way as long as he plays well for germany...i don't care.

23. zacRWE

zacRWE New Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Essen, Germany
    I agree with that assesment. A young German may be their best option. I would also suggest that another good buy may be Mladen Petric of Basel.
    He posesses a goal/game ratio of roughly one per every other game and has recently impressed for Croatia.
    I know he is on Basel's books untill 2008, but who knows?
    Just an argument as he is a young guy who could be on the way up.

24. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

no, you are right. to beat such teams our stars must show that they are stars if not it will be very hard.

25. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    If Bremens gets the Nike-Deal I think the chances are good that Klose will stay. Huntelaar might be a good replacement. Or somebody we don't know of yet. btw: Robinho is Diegos best buddy ;)