100% Werder Bremen (summer '07 thread) [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by sting-ray, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    omg.....please tell me that did not happen.....shit...

2. sting-ray

sting-ray New Member

May 16, 2005
    Bad Zw'ahn
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Für schlechte Nachrichten sorgte außerdem Torsten Frings. Der Werder-Profi wurde in der 39. Spielminute mit Verdacht auf Kreuzbandriss ausgewechselt.

gosh this is terrible. What a nightmare summer.we will be almost playing in the BuLi with our reserve team if this continues...

3. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Well if it's true than thank god you didn't sell Andreasen.

4. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Carlos Alberto is also injured. Torn muscle fiber.

The loss against Paderborn was the 4th in a row. So far we've lost against every professional team that we've played this preseason.

5. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    how long is HE out!?

so right now we have Owomoyela, Frings, Alberto, and Klasnic out......wow we are in some deep shit

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

I would imagine it depends on the extent of the injury. I would also imagine that they will let the swelling go down before they give him an MRI on it. If it is a tear in the ACL, I would say that would be a 6 month layoff.

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is it really official that he suffered a cruciate ligament injury? If yes, it's a big loss for Werder and the DFB team! :(

8. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    No it's not yet.

9. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    according to Bild.de it is, poor guy

10. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
  11. saelevena

saelevena New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    ahhhhhhh so frings is really out for 6 months?!? we're screwed! i'm still waiting on a win... but damn... does that mean werder will be looking to buy a player to cover for frings? or are we done with spending?

12. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Frings is by far the best defensive midfielder in the BL.
    On the transfer market players of his quality are far too expensive
    (only possible move for me would be loaning a player, but that´s also not easy at this quality level)
    or are not interested to play for Werder,
    because CL from the big 3 want them.

But we have many midfielders in the squad.
    For the defensive midfield role there are Andreassen, Baumann and Vranjes.
    In right midfield there are Carlos Alberto, Jensen and Andreassen.
    Andreassen is a similar player like Frings, not at the same level,
    but with potential and he always said, he wants to play,
    so now he can show his qualities.

13. saelevena

saelevena New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    hopefully andreassen will show his qualities for bremen. losing frings is quite a loss for the team. how serious is carlos alberto's injury and when would he be fit?

14. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg

That wouldn't make much sense. You can't really replace Frings.
    I think Andreasen would have gotten a starting rolepretty often even if Frings injury had not happened. But now he's even more important for the team.
    I also think that Jensen will get more playing time.

So the midfield could look like this:

---------Baumann--------
    Andreasen------Borowski
    ----------Diego---------

or more offensively like this:

--------Andreasen-------
    C.Alberto--------Borowski
    ---------Diego-----------

Jensen is the number one replacement for either of those players. I think Vranjes is important because of his versatility but his preseason shape was awful. let's just hope that nobody gets injured anymore.

15. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Right now the injury list looks like this:

Daniel Jensen (groin, 4-5 more days)
    Patrick Owomoyela (torn tendon on the left back thigh, 2 months)
    Aaron Hunt (knee, 1-2 weeks)
    Leon Andreasen (strain right calf, 1 week)
    Hugo Almeida (injured left ankle, nobody really knows- probably a few months)
    Tim Wiese (back problem, a few days)
    Petri Pasanen (Achilles tendon, at least 2 weeks)
    Ivan Klasnic (kidney transplantation, at least 2 more months but he may never play again professionally)
    Thorsten Frings (cruciate ligament, 5 months at least)

16. saelevena

saelevena New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    what about c. alberto?

17. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    only a minor muscle strain. he'll be able to attend the training session later today.

18. saelevena

saelevena New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    oh that's good then. i got a bit worried there.

well as for werder's friendly match against everton, what do you expect from the team? i know i'm not expecting much...

also, i just wanted to know when naldo and diego will be returning?

19. LetsGoHansa

LetsGoHansa New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Rostock, Germany
    Man this is bad news for Werder. Even before I thought this could become a hard year for Bremen, after losing Miro. He was so vital for them with his dynamic play, even if the last few months werent as good by him personally. The couple of test matches i saw on tv kinda gave me the feeling i was right. But now after this big blow I think they realy will suffer. Maybe someone shows up at his position now. We will see.

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    In the next days. They got 2 weeks holidays after the Copa.

Against Everton i don´t expect anything. It´s a meaningless test match,
    i just hope, that nobody gets injured. Same for the test on friday in Mainz.

21. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    na, they'd just stick a needle into his knee and take out the swelling that way, that's what they did to my knee four years ago.

now, IF it is a rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament, then depending on the extent of the rupture (as this determines how much of it has to be repaired by borrowing fibre from another part of his leg - back of the knee i think), the inital diagnosis for his rehab period could be up to 6 months.
    The ACL does not repair by itself unlike the nearby medial cruciate ligaments.

The operation will be done in a week or so, and then he will start rehab (cycling, swimming, walking, some weights for quads and hamstrings, then playing) and it's then all up to him as to how quickly he will feel comfortable with his knee in a match. Some people are slow and it takes 6-7 months. Others think positively and recover much quicker and he could be back in 3 months even in full playing condition.

It's also not a MUST that he have an operation to repair the ACL. Many athletes play on without it by strenthening the quads and hamstrings to support the knee joint instead. They might wear a brace on the knee as well. Most importantly a strong mind as it depends on what you feel comfortable with. I never had an operation and I can still play the way I played before. Apparently if you have the operation done your knee will be stiffer in general. Without the operation it's loose like it was before.

I got all this info straight from the knee surgeon, at the adidas sports clinic here, who treats the all black players (god forbid should anything happen to an all black :rolleyes:), as that's where I was sent to. He said the only thing that could stop a player from returning soon even when he is ready to himself are doctors who might want to play it safe because he's an expensive athlete. And that athletes really can manage without an operation (which would definitely cut down rehab time), but aren't allowed to by doctors at the clubs themselves because there's a lot of money attached to these players. So since I am an amateur, he advised me to not have it operated on.

So in conclusion, frings could be back in even 3 months if he thinks positively and does his rehab very very well, after his operation. Or if not, then 6 months probably.

While it's a big loss for werder, I am not unhappy that he can get a rest and be fresh for the NT and the euros after having played only a part of the season.

22. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
  23. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Never mind, Fräulein96's info has changed the situation.

24. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    well, i enjoyed typing that out anyway :)

but an MCL should only take 3-4 weeks. Again, that's the club doctors being safe, saying 7 weeks. Anyway I don't mind from an NT perspective. More rest is good. although I sure won't mind if he does come back in 3-4 weeks as he should and plays against england :D

25. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC