100 million dead under communism...so lefties, you think GITMO is bad?

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Karl K, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I think this is getting off topic but Michael Moore's points about healthcare are so hypocritical as it is people like him that are driving up the cost of healthcare.

http://www.newstarget.com/001516.html

2. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who the hell knows? We're on planet Karl.

BTW, Karl - Claybrain? What is this, second grade?

3. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago

How in the Deity's name did YOU get into law school? Did they accept applicants who had no idea what analogies and comparisons are?

Here ya go. Try really hard not to move your lips when you read.
    • The United States has a government. Communist states have/had governments.
    • Our government runs ONE detention camp to imprison enemies. THEIR governments ran/run hundreds if not thousands of internment camps to imprison "enemies."
    • Our government has detained just a few hundred goverment enemies in our camp. THEIR governments detained MILLIONS in their camps.
    • Our government allows detainiees to continue worshiping according to their religion. THEIR governements could have cared less
    • Our government feeds these detainees three square meals a day. THEIR governments starved their detainees.
    • Our liberals scream bloody murder, go apoplectic, and have their heads explode because we have a few hundred detainees. THEIR liberals had to keep their mouths shut because if they opened them up, THEY would be thrown into the camp.

Really, how hard IS THIS?

For a "lawyer" like you, apparently, quite hard.

4. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Ask Dick Durbin.

5. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    A grade that suits your intellect appropriately.

6. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Claybrain and Nicepassgass don't ask Dick Durbin: they channel him.

7. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that's just Karl-like silly...

8. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    And dubya shredded the constitution, too. But in his defense, he thought it was just an old tax return.

9. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Nicephoras is one of the most level headed people around here. It's probably best to welcome dissenters like him around here than calling them names. Personally I would love a forum (here or otherwise) where people can have reasonable debate. You can't find that in the politics forum.

On the other hand, I wonder why Claymore has such a problem with Karl when he is no different than some of the liberals in the politics forum whose main style of debate is no different than what is displayed here.

10. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Care to expand on that? I don't think I'm in the habit of calling people names and questioning their educational backgrounds as a matter of course.

11. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

No but it happens in the politics forum every ten minutes. But the people who have a problem with Karl doing it don't mind when some of the worst offenders do the same, assumingly because they are liberals.

12. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only with obvious trolls like BMSYNOT. I won't say it doesn't happen, but you don't typically see people making it personal.

13. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    OK, if I go over there and start an Ann Coulter thread, what's the over/under for how many posts it takes to get an "I wouldn't fuck her with Claymore's dick" post?

I'd make it three

14. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Point proven. I can find 10 personal insults a day over there. Would you like to bet your signature that I can't? Remember, several mods quit because the forum is unmoddable.

15. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    You can find 10 without even breaking a sweat. If they were funny insults, it wouldn't be so insufferable, but they are always stale ones you've seen a million times already. And the really insufferable part is, the knuckleheads think that they're being real clever with them.

I'll take 1 Microwave (or Archer) insult over 100 of those stale ones.

I must say, though, I'm proud of the time that Mel called me hebetudinous over there. You've got to really provoke him to get that kind of action.

16. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    100 million dead under communism

How about 50, or all 350 at Gitmo, versus 100 million?

17. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999

Let's fact it, you are hebetudinous. Wait, what does that mean? Hold on.

edit: Ok I looked it up. You are hebetudinous.

18. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca

But I'm happy in my hebetudiny

19. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Hold on, let me look that one up to see how to use it in a sentence.

Edit: You are a please select one from here and it makes me so this.

20. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca

You're amusingly splenetic, kind of like "Uncle Joe" from "Petticoat Junction"

21. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor example. I wouldn't fck her with my dick, either. :D

22. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I hear shes a hermaphrodite and wont fck herself with her own dick

23. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    If I was a bookie, I'd go broke

24. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    All right..I will confess.

Nicephoras does say smart things...on occasion.

But then again, he also says the most sophistical and lawyerly things that I simply want to scream.

I used to do consulting work with some law firms. I won't do it anymore. No matter how much they would want to pay me. Frankly, there isn't enough money.

What I find is that many many lawyers -- but not all -- are so incredibly arrogant about their intellect that when you tell them something so simple, and so obvious, they can't process it. They're so engaged with their own solipsistic thinking that they can't see basic ideas and fundamental principles. They think that because they went to law school, and spent three years huddled over unreadable tomes that they, somehow, have some special intellectual license or privilege.

When it comes to matters of common sense, I find that I can argue rings around most lawyers. They're "smart" in an anal and very narrow way. But as I pointed out in my analogy/comparison post, when it comes to the basics, they simply drown in their own intellectual juices.

As for Claymore, I will also confess -- a lot of what I say in relation to him is for effect.

Then again, I don't think he, and his fellow liberals, are very smart. I think their conception of the world and much of what they insist is "right" and "good" is naive and just plain downright idiotic. So when you combine their inability to think things through, and their total incompetence when it comes to making signficant and useful distinctions (witness their agreeing so easily with the really dumb Eugene Washington about Gore's "smarts")....well, I am sorry, contempt is all I have left.

Well, not only contempt...but also a finely honed sense of the absurd and ironic.

25. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    No need to get personal.

I'll freely acknowledge the comparison is far from perfect, but that's mitigated by the uncertain length of detention. The interned were US citizens, which made it a very clear constitutional violation. However, we can imprison people in Gitmo with no right to trial for the duration of a "war" that has no end. A war on terror can go on forever.
    For a country like ours, which has the laws that it does and is a signatory to the Geneva convention, I think this is simply inexcusable. And I'm hardly alone in thinking so, either. The Economist called Gitmo Bush"s worst mistake. I don't agree with that - he's made far worse mistakes, but I do agree in principle.