10-year old Yank w/ Valencia CF Youth Team

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by #1 Feilhaber and Adu, Jan 28, 2009.

1. ricksoccer

ricksoccer New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    That's amazing can you at least tell how does somebody get discovered at age of 5 by barcelona? Did he go to a summer camp that they have and they invited to come train ? Does he plan on playing for the USA ? im joking.

2. Peter Bonetti

Peter Bonetti Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    1970 WC Quarterfinal
    I think the Mother has to qualify during one of their special pre-natal camps. I understand that they are looking into hosting Ancestry camps within the next few years. Barca's system is decades ahead of ours.

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Haha Forgot my friends sister started a website too.

Super cute! I love this little guy. Can't wait to visit in spain one day. :p

http://www.bouchyfootball.com/Bouchy_Futbol.html

But to not go into too much personal info, mom and dad work abroad alot. He was already really talented at 3 years old, there is videos if you look before this of him at 4 and at 3.

He got spotted at a 'barca' academy abroad (they let him go for the heck of it to see how he compares), and was obviously the best kid among the bunch. He got invited to spain to try out amongst a ton of kids. He was 1 of 2 to get picked among ALOT as far as the foreigner invitees went.

They invited him to join the barca' academy and thats where he is now! :)

He's adorable isnt he with his curly hair?

4. TheBrand

TheBrand Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things like this happen a lot I think. I remember reading a story about how a Barca affiliated team of kids from California (I think they were U7, I forgot) went over and dismantled one of Barca's official teams. That night some one high up at Barca invited the coaches to dinner and told them that no one has ever beat their kids in such a way. He also said if the kids were Spanish they would've signed 2 or 3 of them that day. Barca want them to come back in a couple of years to see their progression. Promising stuff.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea yea, at 5 years old, he's good.... but where will this go? I am crossing my fingers he keeps going!

But messi was a beast too at his age! :p Crossing my fingers!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Rfvorw9Ao"]YouTube - Messi, impresionante desde niño[/ame]

6. ricksoccer

ricksoccer New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I keep hearing this story of under 7's from California beating barcelona under 7's but I also heard under 10's, Is that story even true? Can somebody get me an article? I would like to hear more about it.

7. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    OK.

It was an U-10 team form California. It was One of Barcelona's Penya's. Barcelona has come to the United States and has set-up a couple of Penya's throughout the US. What they do is they send the coaches from the United States over to Spain to learn how to coach under the "barca way". It came time to test this and Spain invited the Barca USA team from California over for a Game, and they beat the Spain Barca convincingly 4-1, etc. etc. Spain Barca got 2 American Brothers from this Program to join them, but they said that they wanted 2-4 more but will wait in 2-3 years to re-evaluate.

8. ricksoccer

ricksoccer New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This program with Barcelona in the USA is interesting but I think it's only a matter of time before they have some kind of academy here. Real Aresenal is working one in the USA with the Colorado rapids.

9. tronx

tronx New Member

May 12, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here is a link with the story

http://www.barcelonausa.com/page/show/217393-travel

10. ricksoccer

ricksoccer New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    link doesn't work, That's a crazy story, how our the two brothers doing in the barcelona academy? Any other little americans in acadmies in spain, italy, or germany that have been reported about?

I will try to get that article about that 10 year kid in Baltimore going to Italy to train.

11. tronx

tronx New Member

May 12, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sorry...I fixed it

12. ricksoccer

ricksoccer New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Now these barcelonausa teams are any of these teams in the development academy system? pay to play? or are they odp? what are they? I checked out there website it is an amazing concept it seems that they mainly work with the younger ages 5-15 year old kids.

What those LA 10 year olds was impressive, I guess there going back again in April of this year too. Shows with the right training USA kids can compete at the highest level if our techinical level is on par with the best. Barca invited two kids 6 years and 8 years old to train there. They have teams in Arizona, Texas, Mississippi, Virginia, and Miami too. It seems just a matter of time they will have a residency here.