10 am meeting at metro HQ

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Decepticon LazerBeak, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

OOPS!!!!

2. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    Did DLB ask for his stapler back yet???

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    For this to be true, Decipticon would have to be dumb enough to post from the Metrostars office.

If he is that dumb, he deserves to be fired.

4. psycho killer

psycho killer New Member

May 26, 2003
    NJ
    Hehehehe. Good catch

5. I know the IP is logged, but BS does not have the right to misuse and/or abuse that information.

Read the Privacy Policy and then call YOURSELF a "moron"

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Am I the only one who misses those "the Metro secretaries hate Nick" tidbits from Jeff Bradley?

7. The ACLU filed a lawsuit against Yahoo! not long ago on behalf of a user of the service's popular financial message boards that challenges the company's disclosure of a user's personal information to third parties without prior notice to the user.

Look it up, Mr. Moron.

Not sure about BS's financial situation, but I'm sure that a lawsuit by the ACLU would pretty much mean "lights out"

8. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Yeah actually we do have the right to use it in this case if we feel the Metros worker is acting inappropriatelly. If someone is doing something in violation of the TOS we have the right to use their IP info. As a user its your responsibility to accept that fact that your IP can be used to track you in case you become a moron and do something ilke this guy is doing (if in fact he's not just full of crap).

I got into this last summer with some moron during the World Cup. He was trolling, and I told him to cut it or he'd be banned from BS. He then told me I had not authority to do so and he would just come back under a new name. So I explained the way to block the IP number that we could track. He said he was going to sue because I had invaded his privacy. I contacted Huss, he basically said not to worry because such actions aren't illegal.

9. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    This isn't that cut and dry. Without knowing the background of the Yahoo! case I'd assume they sold info to an information company?

In this case the user could very well be violating the terms of his work contract with Metros as well as the TOS of BigSoccer. In that case the tracking the IP to stop the user from posting on this site is perfectly legal. BigSoccer wouldn't disclose the information except that the appropriate Moderators (in this case the Metros Mods, Super Mods and Admins) would be able to see his IP. They're not giving it to a third party for any purpose.

10. Blocking an IP is not illegal (or any other action to restrict the use of your own services), however, disclosing private information (such as IP addressesto third parties is (unless required by a legal action).

Check with any lawyer.

Not to mention that this guy would not have to win. It would be enough to get an ACLU lawyer for free and wage an expensive lawsuit to drive this site into bankrupcy.

11. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I ask this in all seriousness as someone who doesn't follow the team as cloesely as you guys do - who doesn't hate Nick?

And, why do people hate Nick?

I mean, from afar, it seems like he does a fairly decent job. Twice he's one Exec of the Year (though I can't really tell you why), the stadium is allegedly on the verge of being built, the team has made the playoffs every year he's been with the team except once (I think that's correct), he recently hired the best coach in the league, the Metros have the best TV coverage of any team in MLS and you guys are one of the few teams that has a beat writer travel so media coverage is pretty good. Attendance has leveled off but while it's not great, it's certainly not bad.

So, if, despite all this, people still hate Nick, he must be a TOTAL prick of a person because he seems like he's done his job fairly well.

I'm not saying there isn't a reason to not like him, I'm just curious why he is so disliked.

12. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton

You silly. Silly silly rabbit. And how pretell would this be an abuse of the information?

They aren't giving out the information to ANYONE. they already HAVE that information (IP). They aren't giving it to the Metros, all they would be saying is "I can confirm its from the Metros". You guys watch X-Files way too much. And Tranformers it seems. (Is there more to this than meets the eye?) The IP is public knowledge.

If i call myself a moron, and no one hears it, did I really say it? Hmm... quite the conundrum.

13. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Win what? What is there to win? Would he sue because we confirmed that he works at the office? It is already his claim that he does, the IP would only back up what he said. There is no civil liberty being given up. The Yahoo case is ENTIRELY different.

The information is ALREADY gathered. You post here.. you give up your IP address. No one is asking for the guys IP address, only to confirm its coming from the Metros office (actually, checking it against the same number the member "MetroFrontOffice" posts with). So simple. Quit the conspiracy theories.

If you listen closely....real closely... you can hear the laughter from the Walsh's house over this.

14. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    I think you've figured it out.

15. If the person violates the TOS, BS has the right to suspend, ban or whatever else is allowed in the Privacy Policy.

Violating the TOS does NOT entitle BS to contact the Metros office and report the IP. Neither can BS publicly post the IP on this forum.

Also, I am quite familiar with the Yahoo case and let me say that BS better inform moderators about people's privacy rights.

16. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Who the HELL said to report it to the Front office?? Or to even POST the IP address? Where, oh where, in this entire thread is that even suggested? No where.

Read closely.

17. Did you read BenC's post?

Or the second half of my sentence about disclosing it here.

Why don't you read the Privacy Policy before you make a complete fool of yourself?

That's what BS's policy is and if this guy's IP is disclosed to you, he should sue.

18. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No dude. Faith is a lesbian and Ken has terrible body odor. No sort of shenanagans between those two

19. How old are you, really?

Are you this stupid?

Yes, the information is gathered, so what? It's only visible to moderators. Checking it against the MFO's IP is already a violation of this guy's privacy rights.

Win what? Win the right to be compensated for a privacy violation. Some people actually care about their privacy.

20. JCUnited

JCUnited Member

Oct 7, 2002
    South Bend, IN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The original posting never said anything about sharing the guy's IP publicly. It said for the moderators to check and see if it is the same guy who used another poster name on here before (or currently--I'm not sure if MetroFrontOffice is still around). From everything said here, a moderator could check that information as long as he isn't giving it away to other parties. I'd imagine a good real world example would be to double check to make sure that a troll who has been banned from Bigsoccer.com isn't just using another poster name to get back on. A mod could check an IP and then contact the poster in a private message, thus never publicly disclosing anything.

It sounds like a pointless thread that has gone on for three pages now dealing with the legal ramifications of the IP when the topic is about a 10 am office meeting. Only on Bigsoccer.com, God bless y'all!

21. Of course, your assumption is incorrect. Here are some excerpts from the ACLU press release:

22. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    ...or is she???? Does he really? I think it might just be an ellaborate(sp?) ruse to keep everyone of the scent. They are probably planning on taking over the company!

23. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    But not the privacy of their co-workers?

A lawsuit would be laughed out of court.

So, to recap:

Nick is a lesbian.

The Walsh family have bad body odor.

The Decipticons were by far the coolest Transformers.

24. Yes he DID. Just read a few posts above.

By confirming publicly that he is posting from the Metros office, basically you disclosed his IP publicly, which is grounds for a lawsuit.

25. That's really not BS's business, or yours, for that matter.