PBP: 10/9 - Trump vs Clint: The Debate in St. Lou - It's going down, we're yelling tiiiimber

Discussion in 'Elections' started by appoo, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    My theory is that bigger lies require more oxygen, so he was snorting harder.

Boloni86 and bungadiri repped this.
  2. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was like a two-legged cup tie where it was a dour 0-0 draw, but Clinton won the first leg 6-0, so it really doesn't matter. Trump is toast, and as a bonus, he'll sink many of the rest of the GOP candidates for the House and Senate.

JohnR repped this.
  3. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Many of the GOP seats are in super safe districts so even if Trump announced he was a secret member of IS and intends to impose sharia, those districts would still go Republican.

Knave repped this.
  4. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinda? A lot of the Republican gerrymandering in blue states was to give Republicans 55/45 splits and to concentrate Democrats in 80/20 splits. If Trump is as divisive on election day as it appears he is now, those 55/45 splits could be overcome by Democrats.

5. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    You are assuming there will be little or no ticket-splitting.

6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure I'm assuming that? With the direction this election is going there is going to be a litmus test among Republicans on whether the politician supports Trump or is opposed to him. For politicians that support Trump, is someone that opposes Trump really going to vote for them? For politicians that opposes Trump, is someone that supports Trump really going to vote for them? I'm mostly thinking there are going to be a number of blank sections on the ballot.

7. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    People are going still to vote for their Senators, representatives and other officials on reasons other than their level of support of Trump. Of course those running in most deep red areas will find an advantage in supporting Trump while those in purple area will find an advantage in soft pedaling their support or even claiming non-support of Trump.