10/6: Invasion of the Aussies!!!

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Aug 15, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Props to SomebodyOrOther for catching this over in A&D!

----------------

Ozzie!
    Ozzie!
    Ozzie!

Oi!
    Oi!
    Oi!

http://www.soccertv.com/women.cfm

Sun Oct 06 11:00AM Pacific
    Sun Oct 06 12:00PM Mountain
    Sun Oct 06 01:00PM Central
    Sun Oct 06 02:00PM Eastern
    Length: 2 hr LIVE
    ESPN2 - US Feed
    Women's International Friendly - US Women's Cup
    United States vs Australia
    Cary, North Carolina

Me and Nap are in charge of making sure Amy Taylor makes this trip!!! :D

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    interesting. I had been hearing rumors of an impending (Friday) announcement involving US Soccer and SAS Stadium.

I was guessing/hoping that it would be the training camp leading up to the Women's Gold Cup/WCQs.

The International will do nicely, too. Cool

3. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    I'll probably mosey on up to see this one. Could someone let me know where/when/how tickets go on sale?

4. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    I talked to the ticket office and they didn't know anything yet. Said that e-mails would go to season ticket holders (although we don't get dibs on our seats) and information would be on the web site. If I get an e-mail, I'll share the information here.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    USSF confirms
    US Nike Women's Cup
    Doubleheaders on October 2nd and 6th at SAS!

6. love to play

love to play New Member

Jul 16, 2001
    NC
    ?

Has anyone heard when tickets for these games are going to go on sale??
    Thanks!

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I would wait and order tickets in the Sam's Army section. Details will be available shortly. Stand and Sing, Sing, Sing with pride!

8. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Details for the Sam's Army section are being worked out as we speak. Stay tuned and all will be made clear. ;)

9. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    The following is from the Courage board in the WUSA site

Any news on the Sam's Army section?

10. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    I should know something today. Then, I get that info to the Sammers for a bulk email mailing.

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You rock, Jon. Just let us know if you need any help, and what that might be.

12. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Thanks for initial kick in the butt to get me going for one thing! ;)

And, thanks for the offer.

13. StingRay37

StingRay37 Member

Dec 4, 2000
    North Carolina
    Amy?

Will Amy Taylor be playing for Australia??

14. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    I have the ticket information from US Soccer and just sent an email to Sam's Army HQ. They should get out an emailing soon and I will create a thread with the information when that happens.

But, at any rate, the Sam's Army section will be behind the South goal (208, 207, or 205).

15. got courage?

got courage? New Member

Sep 13, 2002
    North Carolina
    Please forgive me, but I've been out of the soccer loop for awhile (so long that i forgot my user name and password for this board). What is this Sam's Army thing? Is it some sort of soccer club of somethign that they have thier own section?

BTW, I bought tickets to the game on tickectmaster.com yesterday. the prices run from 18-55 bucks. I got seats at mid-field. *grins*

16. Andyrey

Andyrey New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Raleigh NC
    I am in section 305 (could not aford $55 tickets) for both games. Row c for Wednesday's game and row b for Sunday's game. 305 is just south of midfield (306 is midfield) on the east side.

17. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    How could you forget your user name?! :) ... Tab???

We are sitting at midfield too for the Sunday game, in the section behind the home bench. So excited!!

Sam's Army is the folks who stand, sing, beat drums, dress up, paint their faces, and in general show incredibly wonderful support for the team. They do arrange for their own section(s), to enhance the effect and perhaps avoid offending the wine and cheese crowd. :) Unfortunately their seats are not in such a good location so folks like us... on midfield... will give support without being part of the group.

18. jvanark

jvanark New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    To further expound on Heeligan2's definition Sam's Army is the Supporters Club for the US National teams of both genders and all ages.

url: http://www.sams-army.com/

I believe that we, Sam's Army, will be in section 208. I am waiting to hear back from Sam's Army central and for them to get an e-mailing out to everyone to confirm the details of how tix will be ordered for this event.

19. got courage?

got courage? New Member

Sep 13, 2002
    North Carolina
    If I knew about Sam's Army before I bought the tickets I would have loved to join you all. I can assure you though that I'll be decked out in red, white and blue. LOL

Andyrey, I'm in sec. 306 row L.