10/30 Friedel: Rovers vs. Liverpool [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by dark knight, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Wow well liverpool could of won the match Hyypia was inches away from scoring on a low cross right across the face of the goal. FT 2-2 and Freidel had a good match made like 4 or 5 good saves.

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gruesome, indeed. And right up there with Joe Theismann in the "some of the worst stuff ever seen in sports" general category.

I wouldn't rate that as NSFW viewing, but don't click on that photo link if you've just eaten.

Back to the match itself, great showing by Brad. Some really good saves from him (although Rovers' back line is still a sieve), and echoes memories from a couple of years ago and how Rovers managed to rack up points here and there.

3. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friedel made some good saves, but looked shaky on both goals.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I cannot fathom that he is actually starting in the EPL. I wouldn't want him at DCU.

In fact, take Ferguson and Friedel off the team, and they'd fit right in in MLS. Man, even with the draw, that was a garish display of poor defending. The lack of fundamentals!! Also, when Rovers had the ball, their spacing was TERRIBLE!! It's the stuff you see on an MLS team in April after churning half its starting lineup.

Sad to say, Rovers are going down. There are too many holes to fill in January. Tugay, ugh. And I haven't even mentioned Short...he's TERRIBLE!!! I know he's not the only free available in winter, there will be plenty from the Scandanavian leagues, but Rovers need to make a run at Ryan Nelsen. He'll improve the team. He won't cost anything.