10/28: Dale: FCD vs Miami [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Oct 28, 2020.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: FC Dallas vs Inter Miami CF
    Date: Wednesday, October 28th
    Time: 7:30 pm [DFW] | 8:30 pm [Miami] | 00:30 [Universal]
    Location: Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 43, L 36
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Live TV: Fox Sports Southwest [DFW] | WFOR-22 (CBS4) [Miami] | ESPN+ | DAZN [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | 1270 AM [Spanish]

Hoping to get some kind of inspiration from this one but not holding my breath.

2. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    All the inspiration FCD fans need this season to watch Bryan Reynolds play. He will make FCD some big bucks soon if they sell him.

Ryan Hollingshead, Reynolds and Maurer are carrying this team right now. Not great to have two outside back and the goalie as the best players on your team but they should make the playoffs and then see what happens.

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was a big win but we really need the midfield and forwards to do more. Methinks Luchi is having a hinderance on them.

4. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    was having this conversation w/ Buzz yesterday. does anyone think you could take this exact same roster and give it to (insert manager of choice here) and they'd get significantly better results? If so, please submit who and how.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe not but have we significantly declined (roster-wise) from last season? I feel like we've actually improved (maybe I'm insane). Yet, we don't look good at all. That's gotta fall on someone and traditionally it's the dude who insists on starting Ferreira over and over again no matter how shit he is (form-wise).

I'm totally willing to throw this season into a trash can and burn it to hell. That's how jacked it's been because of COVID-19. Hell, 2021 will probably end up being the same. But if this was happening under normal circumstances, I would be concerned.

6. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 11.25.50 AM.png
    I think an argument can be made 2020 is not considerably different than 2019. Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 11.25.50 AM.png

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So Luchi punched above his weight last season or are these same-day travel away games just a big hinderance? Or both?

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to say those of us who talked smack about Kobra may need to rethink things. Along with Pomykal the hustle and pure effort the guy brough rubbed off on his teammates. He really struggled at first so there is hope for Jara but every team needs some of those guys and we lost two real hustle guys (not even talking of skill). This is why sometimes an somewhat obscure guy keeps getting minutes and we shake our heads at a coach.

9. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since we have no playmaker (with Pomykal hurt) Kobra was useful as a large target man to receive crosses. We're still trying to play crosses, but we don't have a target man. Jara has not turned out to be much of a target man. It doesn't help that Luchi seems to want him to track back and play some defense.

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TBH, I think FCD's missing Pax more than we realize. One thing that I noticed about Pax is that he -- in the words of Clint Dempsey -- "tries shit." It may work, it may not, but he stirs things up in the attacking end and unsettles the opposing defenders more than the rest of our central midfield does.

Pegasus repped this.