10/27/04 Matchday 15: Charlton v. Chelsea FC [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Speaking of the Fulham match. Does anyone have confirmation that it'll be shown on Setanta? I couldn't find it on their site and I know they have a tendency to change the games. Should be good as they just got beat at home to Blackburn.

2. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm trying - hope our boy has an amazing outing then. It took Duffer a little while to gain the fine form he's in - 2 goal in 2 games under 5 minutes. So brilliant! :D

And as far as the Setanta schedule goes, who knows. I'm such a HUGE fan of their random schedule switches. :rolleyes: But for DC-area US Blues, Summers Restaurant will (barring a schedule change) show it live, as well as a replay at 7pm.

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    about to watch my tivo of the game(had to work) but i saw the first 30 minutes, duff's goal was class, he is still my favroite player, and im glad hes coming on strong.

4. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    After my comments on a different thread about Cech, I felt his distribution was better balanced today, so that when he did hit it long it created more problems. We got quite a few throw ins close to the Charlton goal from that.

On the otherside - though probably no one cares: I can't see why Curbishely isn't playing Rommedahl. He looked by far the most dangerous player Charlton have.

It's a funny game isn't it. Gudjohnsen fluffs a shot on goal against Bolton and we draw. Terry does almost the same thing (except it goes in) and we win by 4. When it rains it pours, I guess.

5. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    Liverpool pulled through for you guys, 2-1 over Arsenal. Chelsea is now safely 5 points clear :D

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    definitely a great game and a great result. the only negative i see is Carvallho wanting to score for another team. Last game he almost hit the post, this game hi did hit the post, so i hope he doesn;t score the next game in our own goal. Otherwise, WOW!!! hella of a game

7. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Excellent game and superb result. I have to say I was very impressed with Tiago's contribution. He seems to be tackling well and gets about... seems to do a similar job for us as Edu or that Brazilian Johnny for the Arse. Whether young Parker would be as good or not we're probably never going to find out.

Still, top of the league AND a better goal difference... can't complain.

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002

The lad does seem to be finding his feet no doubt.
    If he's the type of player that will knock in double digits in goals from the midfield, he's going too be tough to keep out of the side.

As for Parker, i think it's apparent now, that he and Tiago were never competing (in Mourinhos mind) for the same starting slot in the team.

9. themightypuck

themightypuck New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Parker is behind Makalele in the pecking order for sure. Mourinho doesn't seem to think Parker and Makalele have enough arial presence to play them together IMHO.