10/25 Revs v Mutts, During & Post-Match Gen'l Chatter, Props and Moans [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Danizinho, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    According to the Herald, Mutts manager Bobo Bradley's planning on parking CLINT Mathis, Amado 'Che' Guevara and Eddie Pope either for injury or his belief that today's match, regardless of the outcome, is relatively meaningless.
    "Is he trying to tell his team it doesn't matter?" Nicol asked the Herald's Agusto 'Gus' Martins in regards to possibility of Bradley's first line guys sitting out, be it due to injury or to save them. "These are not meaningless games. They are there to be won. We are at home and we want to go out and get the win."

Amen, Stevie Nicks...

'Nuff said...

[Mods: Please add a R to the subject line. Sorry, and thanks]

2. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Nil-nil in the 18'.

Observation: The pitch looks AWFUL. There's virtually no grass in between the NFL hashmarks are. None.

The grass around it looks like it's been used and abused, and guys are losing their footing left-and-right.

3. EscoDU01

EscoDU01 New Member

May 24, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how many people does it look like are at the game?

4. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm watching this on Yahoo Platinum on my PC and it has the Mutts feed, and they aren't showing that much or the crowd because their score "bug" across the top of the screen makes the seats invisible.

However, on the ground level shots, it looks like the Fort has a lot of people in it, the far side looks better than usual and the south end looks at least 1/3 full.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announce 17-18 thou.

Oh yeah, Shep Messing is one VERY irritating "analyst". He's mentioned that Bradley is a "genius" about 5 times in the first half hour for resting the "A team"

5. MLS3

MLS3 New Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    make that 6, 7, and 8 times that bradley is a genius for resting the starters...hah, hes now going on about a 2 minute speech about it, in the 40th minute...goal

6. onemorerevolution

onemorerevolution New Member

Sep 23, 2002
    MA
    These are fun goals. Short, crisp passing all around. Quick tempo. The goals just natural finishing to great setup. Was the second goal also off Ralston's nifty footwork?
    Pitch looks just awful.

7. onemorerevolution

onemorerevolution New Member

Sep 23, 2002
    MA
    Sorry. Need 'R' quick.

8. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is it that some MLS stadia are much better than others in terms of painting over the American football lines and taking care of it for all tenants?

Kansas City seems pretty good, and Chicago (Soldier Field) was always great in the past and seems even better now, but the Revs NEVER paint over the lines. I know the Pats are home tomorrow, but Gillette looks horrible. Whether Kraft actually cares about the Revs or not, the ways he prepares the pitch for soccer really doesn't look like he does.

9. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freak goal, Revs go up, 3-0.

Defender tried to clear it but it ricchoced off a Rev player beating the Metro keeper.

10. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And not just any Rev player. It was:

NOONAN!

And Adin just beaten on a PK, 3-1.

11. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revs go up, 4-1.

Goal mouth scrum and the ball falls conviently to the Revs and they just tuck it home.

12. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noonan with the hat trick, Revs up, 5-1.

13. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Metro's pull on back, 5-2.

Shep was right, this one had some more goals in it.

14. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Guys, I am not watching the game because I don't have WB, but you what these '3-1' reminds me of? The 3-3 tie that we had against Mutts. Hopefully that won't happen this time. Beside, a "tie" is enough for the second place.

Message to Pat Noonan: go for a hat trick

Shuvy87

15. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is unreal.

Heapsie in the box. IKante coming in. Noonan (?!) with a hat-trick, Fabbro scores, Ralston snaps a suckiness streak with a goal.

Has Duh-Man-Ee gotten a hat trick?

Noonan for ROTY.

16. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    wow...while i was typing, the score changed form 3-1 to 5-2:

Go Revs!!!!! 45points

I just looked at the MLSnet.com's Scoreboard

Noonan: Hat trick (6pt)
    Ralston: 2 assist, 1 goal (3 pts)
    Brain Kamler: 3 assist (3pt)
    Fobbro: 1 goal, 1 assist (3pt)
    Jose: 1 assist (1 point)

Damn Revs Rule

Hey is the score really 5-2, MLSnet says 5-1.

17. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shep REFUSES to give up his "Bradley is a genius" mode.

Couldn't one just as easily make the case that "Bradley is an idiot" by treating this as a "throw away" (Messing) game?

1) Your record is now 0-1-3 (W-D-L) against the Revs this year. Wouldn't having confidence that you could actually beat the Revs once be helpful?

2) The first leg playoff game will make a full three weeks between games for people like Pope. What's the difference between "rested" and "rusty"?

3) Shep, two words: "Mo Mentum"

4) Having the second game at home IS important because: a) you know what you have to do in the second leg; b) if it's level on aggregate at the end of 90 minutes of the 2nd leg, the OT is in Foxboro; b) if it's still level after OT, the "minigame" is in Foxboro; and c) if it's still level after that, the PKs are in Foxboro.

Inquiring minds...

18. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting tidbit: With TnT and Noonan's results this year, it's only the second time that the Revs have had two double-digit goal scorers in a season. The first was in '99, with JMM and Gio Savarese doing the honors.

Ironically, the tallies were the same too - JMM and TnT with 15 each, Gio and Noonan with 10 each.

19. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    The "minigame" ?????????????????

20. shuvy87

shuvy87 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think The Perfesser got it wrong.

We play 90 min @ Mutts on 1st leg.
    No OT even if the game is a tie.

Then we play 2nd leg @ Gillette and if the aggregate is level at the end of 90 min, then we go to 30 min of OT (15 min each)

21. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stand corrected. Go figure. Who knew that MLS would have one procedure for the regular season and one (actually two) for the playoffs? :(

OK, from MLSNET. No 5 + 5 OT after the 1st leg and no 5 + 5 OT after the second leg. Just the 15 + 15 after leg #2 and then PKs if needed.

22. brianzappa

brianzappa Member

Oct 21, 2003
    In a big country
    I think Clint Mathis asked to sit out this game because he was afraid of Franchino. I don't blame him.

23. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Too funny.

Speaking of Franchino. Pitch looked bad, but the broadcast feed was great. I could see every detail. Did Franchino (Shouldn't Dunkin' Donuts have beverage in his honor?) forget to use the hair conditioner? What the hell was up with that hair style?

The Mutts are Noonan's personal 8itch. He's killed them. There's one writer, who gets mentioned here quite a bit, panned Noonan at the start of season. He said that virtually no one around the league thought he was going to do doodoo squat. Panned him --- hard, too. So much for the pundits.

One criticism: Nicol should have yanked Cancela --- all the Mutts were doing to him, especially at the end, was to kick him dead in his ankles (much like their last match in New Jersey). Steve: The refs aren't offering him any safe harbor. And, someone on the Mutts is in need of sound ass whooping. Seriously.

24. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    Precious Moment

Precious Moment: When Their GK turns to Fort, where the song was:"Graffen made a save!"...

25. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pat Noonan, the New York Killer.

7 goals, 1 assist for 15 points.

15 out of his 27 (56%) points came against the metrostars!

I think Noonan should get ROTY honors, less minutes but more production. If Ralph stays off the scoring charts tomorrow, Noonan will only be 1 point behind him. I don't think Ralph has it wrapped up as much as he thought.