10/25/08 Dynamo @ Chivas

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by TheELeeT, Sep 15, 2008.

1. TheELeeT

TheELeeT New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    I have a group of at least 8 that will be road tripping from San Diego for the October 25th Chivas game and would like to meet up with some supporters for drinks. We will be staying overnight in the area.

Hopefully you all could help me out with a few questions:

1. Where do supporters hang out prior to the game? Chilis?
    2. What section do supporters usually occupy?
    3. Where do supporters hang out after the game? Used to be Marriott.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. Every time I have gone up to catch a game I always have a terrible time finding which of the 3 (million) Marriotts to go to after game.

2. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    1. Chilis??? Lol!
    At all of the road trips that I've been to this year we had our ice chest(s) of beer and a grill and just hung out in parking lot hours before the game.
    2."Supporters" means something different than the literal meaning in this forum. For you, I would avoid the corner kick areas and endzones unless you are wearing neutral colors. Walking into a sg's area wearing the opposing teams colors will not go unnoticed ...

But have fun attending the game, if you sit near the dynamo benches, you sometimes run into players' families. We talked to some in denver and new york.

3. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure where you're getting your information.

Like yossarin said, Texian Army members usually tailgate at the stadium in a lot or area away from the home supporter groups. Other Dynamo supporters or fans are welcome to join us.

In 2006, a group of our guys were in 141 for the playoff match. I don't know or remember if we had people go in 2007, but I'm sure someone can provide better details if they were there. I did a quick search and saw that Chivas USA's SGs occupy sections 101 and 122. I heard they put away supporters in 138.

I'm not sure if we've even started discussing having another group go to LA for this particular match, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Which lot or where we go after a match depends on whoever makes the trip.

4. TheELeeT

TheELeeT New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    1. Yes "Chilis". I have been up to The Home Depot Center a few times and unless things have changed, it is one of the closest bars. As stated on their website, tailgating is not permitted at The Home Depot Center .

2. I found the statement regarding the term "supporters" to be slightly pretentious. Anyone who cares about football would not use the term "fan" so long as a backspace key was present to correct the slip that originates from speaking with non-football folk lol. Surely I didn't mean to offend members of any supporter clubs/groups but I also don't see a need to alienate non-members as non-supporters.

Thanks for the tip regarding players families as we are sitting in Row A and may be near that section.

DynaKat inquired about the source of my information. The limited info I have comes from the few times I have gone before and the few fans I have run into each visit. My experiences always ended up with us following others back to the same particular Marriott, with one occasion yielding a few players that were there as well.

It would be great to get together with some of the Texian Army members but since tailgating is prohibited I don't know where they will take up shop.

Thanks yossarin and DynaKat.

5. Die..Nah..Mo

Die..Nah..Mo New Member

Oct 15, 2008

[​IMG] Re: Pre-match: Dynamo @ Chivas USA 10/25/08
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DonJuego [​IMG]
    I will be in LA for the two Dynamo games. Maybe I should take my boots?

If anyone will be in LA for the game and would like to have either a before game, after game, or both venue to drink eat and be merry then please contact me since I'm a Dynamo Pulse member who moved to LA and is now working at a restaurant/lounge/bar venue in the South Bay just minutes from Carson next to Marriot in Manhattan Beach that most teams stay in while in Los Angeles. Im going to the game, drinking at my work before the game, and the bar will be open till 1.45 am or so afterward. You can buy liquor till 2am in Cali everywhere from grocery stores to Walgreens. P.S. Chivas players and fans really hate us and fear playing us at Robertson but know the CUP goes through H-TOWN. I say we will depend on them to be our cordial host as this team makes history and becomes the greatest team in MLS history in late Nov.
    There is NO WAY this team can let the gas off the pedal. These games may not be do or die but I think this team is playing for legacy.
    Most points in a season with a win, three-peat, and not to mention we could face these guys in Rd 2 and any thought tht they can play with us is just unneccessary.