10/25/03 Metros at the Revs [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by nyrmetros, Oct 25, 2003.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    METROSTARS SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Lisis took the PK and finished the job

Revs 3 Metros 1

Comeback time!!!!!!!!!

2. ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan New Member

Jan 20, 1999
    SHAPE, Belgium
    Lisi has to start next game to take pKs. Mathis I hope you learned from that.

3. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    Quality

Anybody playing well for the Metro or is it as bad as the score? Does Graffer have a chance?

4. ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan New Member

Jan 20, 1999
    SHAPE, Belgium
    LOL, 1 more until my prophecy is fullfilled.

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Revs score

5 - 1

our B team sucks?

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

These guys don't know what Edgar's problem was?

How about the entire Metro central defense (Jolley, Pope, Williams and Clark) not being in the lineup backing him up?

Edgar's been beat on defense before and chances are he'll be beat again.

It makes a big difference who's playing behind him.

7. ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan New Member

Jan 20, 1999
    SHAPE, Belgium
    5-1!!!!!! I'm sooooo goood..

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Metrostars score!!!

Game is now 5 - 2

Comeback time!!!!! :)

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

It's 5-1.

The problem was Edgar.

RIght guys.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    No, it's 5 - 2

Come on Metro!!!!

11. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Shep says according to Elias Sports Bureau this is the first time Mathis has led his team in goals scored.

He also says Mathis is scoring at a rate consistent with the rest of his career. The Dallas 5 goal game in 2000 inflated his goal total.

These are exactly the points I was making here earlier this week.

Shep isn't all bad I guess.

12. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Yeah 4 more goals and second place belongs to the Metro.

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    We can do it!!!
    Only down 3 goals!!

14. cliffkram

cliffkram Member

May 4, 2003
    Brum via NYC
    Shep: "It's a shame, whenever Paul Grafer is called to be in goal, he gets torched and its not his fault"

Umm,,,yeah it is...Grafer sucks.

Pants: "Hi my name is Paul Grafer. What? I'm supposed to stand on the goal line? I thought I was supposed to be at midfield"

15. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    that's harsh, the 5th goal I'll agree with you. Grafer was off his line when he shouldn't have been. 2 others were deflections that no one could've saved and the other 2 the defense hung him out to dry.

My one positive is that I think Nugent has looked pretty good. I like the way he's playing.

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    There will be no comeback today.... Kenny Arena stepping into the game....

17. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

89th minute with the score 5-2 Cangialosi says "barring a surprise" the Metro will finish in 3rd.

Right Steve. You should have said that in your pregame analysis.

Maybe I should have had some beer.

18. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Fine "Tank" Bradley for bringing the integrity of the league into question by blowing off second place.

19. The Perfesser

The Perfesser New Member

May 23, 1999
    AthensGA/NewburyptMA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, sorry to intrude on your pain, but how on earth can you guys stand Shep Messing. My God, he makes Ty Keough seem like Martin Tyler!

I watched the Metros feed on Yahoo Platinum and the only conclusion I can come to is that Shep has a serious psychological fixation about how Bradley was a "genius" for not going with the "A Team". He must have mentioned this 30 times on the telecast! What is wrong with this guy?

Couldn't one just as easily make the case that "Bradley is an idiot" by treating this as a "throw away" (Messing) game?

1) Your record is now 0-1-3 (W-D-L) against the Revs this year. Wouldn't having confidence that you could actually beat the Revs once be helpful?

2) The first leg playoff game will make a full three weeks between games for people like Pope. What's the difference between "rested" and "rusty"?

3) Shep, two words: "Mo Mentum"

4) Having the second game at home IS important because: a) you know what you have to do in the second leg; b) if it's level on aggregate at the end of 90 minutes of the 2nd leg, the OT is in Foxboro; b) if it's still level after OT, the "minigame" is in Foxboro; and c) if it's still level after that, the PKs are in Foxboro.

Inquiring minds...

20. Partizan_fc

Partizan_fc New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    New York City
    Bradley knows more than you. That's why hes the coach.

21. KeeperKid18

KeeperKid18 New Member

May 3, 2003
    NJ
    USOC?

22. KeeperKid18

KeeperKid18 New Member

May 3, 2003
    NJ
    My comments on the game, etc.

Hall-Terrible Ref
    Bradley-Stupid to play the entire "B" team. Just rest a couple of players. Definately leave Johnny in goal.
    Grafer-Obviously not the best GK, but not a lot he could have done differently, either except put out a better attempt than a leg(even tho he was going the wrong way) on the goals, to make it look like he was trying.
    Zaidie-Nothing good, don't remeber anything bad but there probably was.
    Forchetti-Should be playing rec-ball.
    Addo-Unlucky deflection, not great positioning.
    Edgar-Very poor, a big risk taker on defense, but today had no one to back him up(e.g. Pope/Jolley). Goal line clear was decent.
    DiGiamarino-Nothing special.
    Regan-Remember him coming into the play late on a couple of the goals. Not sure what was his responsibility, and what wasn't but anyway, not that good of a game.
    LeBlanc-Nice shot on the goal, other than that mostly invisible to me, but that is better than some of the others.
    Lisi-Well taken PK, a few nice balls on set peices.
    Gaven-Tried very hard, but not a lot of success.
    Nugent-I like what I see, could have a future coming off the bench. Could have done better on the shot that hit the post.
    Woly-Nothing great, could have put the breakaway in the back of the net instead of off the post.
    Arena-You would be better off playing with 10 men than having him on the field. Fortunately he came in later, than earlier.
    Leitch-Nothing to comment on.

23. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

Prior to today's game these teams had played 4 times including the USOC game and Bradley is saying he didn't want to give anything away going into the playoffs?

Did he hold something back in the USOC game? I don't think so.

Barring injuries, which can happen in practice too, it wouldn't have hurt giving the starters a run today and at least pretending to care about the game.

What the hell can he have up his sleeve for the playoffs?

Mathis in goal maybe.

24. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    are you kidding? Hall was the best ref I can remember seeing this season. There was one call I disagreed with all game. That's a minor miracle.

25. Nica1004

Nica1004 Member

Sep 14, 2002
    the couch
    Could be interesting seeing the starters playing positions one would never think of them playing.

But, then, I'm sure that people would say Bob had made a complete mockery of soccer, rather than throwing the opposing team for a rather interesting loop.

Maybe he had them watching "Ladybugs" and "The Little Giants" to look for ways to psych out the Revs. Or learning Girl Scout songs. Could be very funny watching Steve Jolley singing the "Gonk Gonk" song.