10/23/04 Matchday 10: Chelsea FC v. Blackburn [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Oct 21, 2004.

1. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    duffer make's it 4-0
    home grown means british players mate.

2. Tarka

Tarka New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Maryland, US
    I'm guessing Frank let him take the pk to finish the hat-trick. Good looking scoreline for once :cool:

3. mother_goose

mother_goose Member

Dec 30, 2003
    Philippines
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    wow, looks like robben is putting it on out there. cant wait to see the game later on sky... well done, BLUES!

4. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    great win considering how important it was not to drop any points today with the other two playing each other tomorrow.great for gudjohnsen to get his first hat trick in england and well pleased duff got off the mark this season.still no goal for kezman though even though i heard he hit the crossbar and finally robben gets his chelsea career up and running.

so i can go out for a few pints now well pleased with the result :D

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    In general terms, any player from Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England.

Are you to have me believe that you've never before heard that expression?

6. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    A good game by Chelsea. 4-0 is great...

7. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Just because Chelsea scored 4 it dosent mean they played Great. I watched the game and It was pretty borring. IMO.

-N1

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    That was quality stuff out there in the second half from us.
    Poor opposition aside, we really did the business today.

I have said before that there are certain games that Johnson should start in, those being against the less stronger sides in the league - i was proved right today.I thought he had an excellent game and proved the difference between a continental player in the full back rolle and an English one in the English game.If i have to explain the difference, you'll never get it!

That Robben looks like value for every penny and the combination of having him, Duff and Bridge, all coming down that left side, will strike terror into any side in Europe.
    Lampard seemed especially in tune with him as he picked him out time and again with good balls.Speaking of Lampard, i just seen the replay and realised that he passed that ball to Gudjohnson from fully 10 yards inside our half of the pitch.
    Quality!

Kezman.
    Not unlucky at all - piss poor attempt from a seasoned player 3 yards out in front of goal.Should have scored, end of.

Lets play like that all the time eh?

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I take it you missed the entire second half then.
    Pity, you missed some really good stuff.

10. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    I didn't see any of the match, but between the scoreline and Johnson, Parker, and Robben all finally getting their run-outs, it seems like a complete victory for once.

11. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    :eek: Hell has officially frozen over today.

12. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Guys! the Chelsea you saw in Philly against AC Milan is back.

Robben was like Henry on the left wing. God knows why Kezman didn't score today. It is like he was waiting for Robben to come back. Obviously the two of them are gonna be a handful to defenders.

It is not like Blackburn played poorly. The first 30 minutes I thought it was gonna another damn 0-0 score. Then came the two weird goals by Godjohnson. Cole and Lampard flipped the ball to him and Blackburn thought he was off side. After that it was all Chelsea.

Good to see Gudjohnson matching JFH hat - trick. Probably he will call him and tell him we are even.

I said last week that the defeat to City could be a blessing. Mourinho would come up with plan B. He sure did. I don't if it has anything to do with Parker and Johnson starting today.

13. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    And the barber will be shaved tomorrow.

14. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

The Second half was boring until Robben Came in, he changed the game. I like that move where he got the ball to kezman right in front of the net. Lets hope Kezman playes when you face some real competition. (Arsenal)

-N1

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, some could put forward the argument that we really didn't play any better than in other games - we just scored from our chances today.
    For the first 37 mins it was the same typical shyte from the opposition, stuffing their half and relying on the hoof to try and test the center halfs.
    Today we broke them down - emphatically.

16. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm not going to get into a wizzing argument over this with you - but the game was already over when Robben came on.Thats why Robben got to come on when he did.

17. hfmea

hfmea New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Malaysia
    finally..Chelsea win "BIG"! :D

18. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Im not trying to Get into an argument, Im just saying I thought the game was borring. Two Long balls to Idur Gudjohnson and a penalty aint nothing special. Then Robben Came in.

-N1

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    See - thats why i said you missed the second half!

I'll admit the first half - apart from the pin point accurate ;) passes that lead to Gudjohnsons goals, was very pedestrian.

20. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Wow, if you call this game boring, what did you think of that pathetic Arsenal effort in Greece? Must have made you want to shoot yourself. 4 chances on goal all game, when you could be arse to string passes together at all, instead of watching Lehmann make mistakes.

21. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    What the hell got into Gudjonsen? And where can I get some of it? Assuming, of course, it's not a "sexual enhancer".... ;)

That's more like I expected Chelsea to be this year.

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    It doesn't matter how you think the game waa played, the end result matters. i just think you're a little jealous and maybe getting a little worried that Chelsea can score goals and with Robben healthy, Gunners are just a matter of time before we meet them and,,,,,, well, you know.

Congrats all Chelsea fans!!! Good game and a good Victory!

P.S. I will be rooting for a tie tomorrow b/w Gunners and Man U.

23. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Im just saying this was game was pretty boring, I dont recall saying you didnt get the 3 points.

Yeah, I know....
    Thanks for the pic, but thats okay, we don't need to see it!

Why would you be rooting for a Tie?

-N1

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    As i said in my opening post in this thread, a tie is the best result for our club.
    Feel free to read it and reply ;)

25. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    I just got two words for you: WAYNE BRIDGE!!!! You remember his goal last year, don't you?