10/20: Music City Madness: Nashville vs FCD [R]

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by burning247, Oct 20, 2020.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    [​IMG]

Game: Nashville SC vs FC Dallas
    Date: Tuesday, October 20th
    Time: 7:30 pm [DFW] | 8:30 pm [Local] | 00:30 [Universal]
    Location: Nissan Stadium, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
    Weather Forecast: Partly Cloudy; H 80, L 60
    Competition: Major League Soccer
    Live TV: Fox Sports 1 [USA] | Fox Deportes [USA]| TSN 3/5 [Canada]
    Radio: FCDallas.com/radio [English] | 1270 AM [Spanish]

2. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My post-match hot take:

Luchi better figure some things out soon about being a professional coach or else he's gonna learn that MLS stands for "Must Leave Soon."

3. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Most teams: Oh wow, we get to play Nashville 4 times this season!

FCD: Shit, we have to play Nashville 4 times this season!

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else see parallels between how the US national team played Bradley the last cycle every game and had to build the ream around hiding his weaknesses and Acosta where FCD is doing the same thing? Oh, so clever to to have him pressing up high and Ricaurte deep so he can control from there and Tessmann doing who knows what depending on what the other two are doing. How about sitting Acosta on the bench and playing Santos at the 6 where he normally plays, Tessmann at the 8 where he normally plays and Ricuarte at the 10 where he normally plays? Think the offense might look better with Ricuarte nearer the forwards than Acosta who even if he did win the ball is a pretty bad passer?

5. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it matters how you play Ricaurte, Acosta, Tessman, Santos in regard to the attack because the attacking players give them no options for a pass. Any of those guys can play a long ball to the wing where Hollingshead or Barrios, or Picault might run onto it and maybe do something. You could put me in there and I can probably boot the ball into the penalty area and hope for a miracle. Without better off-the-ball movement, those seem to be our only attacking options.

6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Jara knows how to do off the ball stuff but expects some one and two touch return passes he rarely gets. Of course Pomykal was great at those passes that broke teams open. I though Ricuarte would do those but lately he's playing a deeper role. Is he a #10 or not? If so play him where he's needed and put the best two midfielders who enhance his game behind him.

7. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like everyone is realizing Ricuarte is more of a linking midfielder instead of a playmaker. I think our problem is we have no playmaker, at least none that's healthy.