10/12 Panama @ USA to be in Foxboro

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by MT mojo, Jul 5, 2005.

1. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW... I think this would be the third world cup qualifying cycle in a row where the last home game of the hex is in Foxboro.

1997 v. El Salvador
    2001 v. Jamaica
    2005 v. Panama?

Also, living in Boston I was kind of hoping we might not get the last home qualifier (especially given some of the reasons voiced in this thread), but that we would get a send off game like last time vs. the Netherlands. I guess I am hoping for both now.

2. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll believe it when I see it on the USSF web site, not Smilin' Jack Warner's little homepage...

That being said, I hope it's wrong, wrong, wrong.

Oh, I'll make the flight out, represent, and have a blast. But if there was ever an opportunity to get a hex match to either the Toolbox or Pizza the Hut Park, this was it.

Again, if accurate, not a lot of foresight on someone's part...or else somebody in the scheduling department is VERY pessimistic...

3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i don't doubt Foxboro would have pushed for a commitment, but that doesn't require ussf to give them one :) and i doubt Foxboro would have turned it down if they didn't get the commitment now, and if they did make such a demand, i would think it would likely get them rejected quicker.

they're having to reschedule the chivas-galaxy game on 10/8-9 anyway because of a concert. setting up the doubleheader on 10/12 at the HDC would have been great .... i hear what people have said about east coast due to convenience for european players, but this could have worked without most of them .... and, yes, i'll eat my words if this game ends up meaning something!