10,115????

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by karlheinz, Jun 3, 2007.

1. karlheinz

karlheinz New Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Germany
    Beautiful, warm Sunday afternoon/evening.

I guess everyone is waiting for Blanco!!!

2. URS on the Warpath redded

Apr 21, 2007
    Wounded Knee
    Put a cork in it, doucherag

3. karlheinz

karlheinz New Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Germany
    Testy, testy.

Just the facts.

I thought the Fire had a season ticket base of about 12,000 with various packages. 10 grand seems kind of small. But that's just me.

4. Firefan72787

Firefan72787 New Member

May 14, 2007
    I guess people thought it was going to rain, I thought it was going to rain to but I still had a great time.

5. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    When you're in a 5 game winless streak no one cares.

Plus you have no real star players. And if you did, the'd be injured with the rest of the regulars.

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A five game winless streak and some nasty storms making a run at the Chicagoland area may have played a part. I would have figured the game still would have drawn 12-13k. Guess not.

7. ChicagoAzzuri

ChicagoAzzuri New Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Chicago
    Maybe prices are too high (esp for some casual fan). But yeah, Blanco should bring more people anyways, so they won't do anything with that

Sounds like excuses, you can probably point to some other stuff though. Columbus probably isn't that exciting to people

8. CHI_TOWN_BALLA

Dec 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though not big in numbers, the stadium was actually lively tonight. I was at the game, very nice atmosphere, still not filled to its full potential of course.

AND! im also happy to say that I got Barret, Soumarey (did i spell that right?) and another guy who played 37 seconds, autographs!!!! VERY GOOD GAME! MAY THE SUCCESS CONTINUE! :)

9. Firefox

Firefox Member

Aug 24, 2005
    South Elgin, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was mentioned in the club after the game that there are only about 2,000 seats available for next week's game against Chivas USA.

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    You have a point about 10,115 being a small number, but you're wrong if you honestly thought that the Fire had 12,000 season ticket holders of various capacities.

11. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Not really. Fire games don't have much of a walk up crowd, if any. Not these days at least.

MAYBE this game would have drawn 11,000 without the rain. Maybe. But it's not like 9,885 people stayed home because of rain at 2pm.

12. jameseyla

jameseyla Member

Jun 8, 2003
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does your FO spam every possible person who has heard of soccer with e-mails, phone calls, and snail mails? are they even trying to market the team? Are there ticket packages? Player appearances? Does the FO make any effort to garner interest? Why were crowds at Soldier Field and Naperville bigger?

13. rednow.red4ever

Mar 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In terms of e-mail, they do make quite a push. However, sadly the SSS location may be an issue overall for TP (which I hate to admit as a Suburban SSS apologist). Nappyville was a much better suburban base due to the support in that area (see the supporters' group- The Western Front). And of course, it's hard to top a centralized, lake front location like Soldier Field.

I think TP suffers from south side syndrome (otherwise known as Comiskey Park disorder). It wasn't until the Sox really stepped up playing wise that consistent crowds rolled in. There simply isn't the largest possible draw/economic base in the area. Either in the near south side- or Bridgeview (which many non-Chicagoans don't realize actually does neighbor the city on the southwest side). Though just to be clear, baseball wise, Bridgeview might've been slightly better for the Sox (IMO) but either sucks for the Fire without a bigger boost in play.

14. kornkid15

kornkid15 Member

Mar 16, 2007
    chi-city
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When i was rolling to TP, over here on the northside, it looked like it was gonna rain cats and dogs and when we were on the southside, nothing but sunshine and ominous looking clouds. I think weather scared away the little walk up crowd.

15. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are always excuses you can make but when you have a team on a losing streak with no stars and the visiting team is equally as bad with no stars you are not going to sell out a soccer game.

16. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Oh, yeah, on a Sunday night when many schools are still in session, too.

I wonder what the crowd would have been on a Saturday night...2k more?

17. LIZZIE

LIZZIE BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 18, 2001
    Sec 126
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This topic has been dissected ad infinitum, but, unlike Soldier Field and Naperville, there is nothing to attract you- outside of tailgating- to BView. And if the weather is really bad, there is no where to go, either

18. Thebizkit

Thebizkit New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    What about last years playoff game against NE?

19. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm sick as a dog. Otherwise, I'd have went.

20. Thebizkit

Thebizkit New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Wow who would have thought a KC vs NY ( first and second worst attendance drawing teams.) game would draw more then the Fire.

21. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

Playoff games give you a real sense of the "base" of true fans. The team doesn't have time to do group sales or special promotions that add to every regular season game attendance.

Having said that, the team is clearly not doing great with those types of attendance enhancing sales.

22. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago

Actually I'm not that surprised as this was the first real good date that KC had at home, AND you had two of the better teams going at it. Columbus and the Fire have been sucking.

Quality of a teams play does not have the effect that it should on attendance, but it does have some effect. I think RB attendances will start getting better and better with the team they are putting on the field.

KC will also do better with a star to market that is actually producing.

23. Thebizkit

Thebizkit New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Well when your in the bottom you cant get any worse right?

I love what NY is doing and I want to adopt Eddie Johnson, Eddie has woken up and I dont think there is anyone in the WORLD right now that is playing better then Eddie Johnson is in the last 2 weeks. 3 back to back hat tricks! First person in MLS History to do it.

24. ColinLago420

ColinLago420 New Member

Mar 1, 2004
    Berwyn, Illinois
    If it was after July 1st and Temo was here and it was just as ugly outside, would the stadium be sold out??

I really think so...

25. URS on the Warpath redded

Apr 21, 2007
    Wounded Knee
    That's because Mexicans don't melt in the rain like Paleface Soccer MILF. :p